Adventist Online

1260 years The time period 538 to 1798 is it Proven?

While God seem to make sure we know and understand this time period. As God has mentioned it in 3 different ways Once as 1260 days once as 42 months and once as 3 ½ years (Time Times and a dividing of time.) It seems to be important To God that we understand this time period. The end of the time period is not hard to spot

We see clearly here how the Pope was taken prisoner by General Bertier 1798 on the command of Napoleon. While the papal estates was confiscated and the Roman Catholic Church was receiving the deadly wound. According to Revelation 13

On the other Hand the starting Date is not so easy to prove. We see generally how Vigilius being being made Pope by the Decree of Justinian as his General Belesarius deposed of Pope Silverius and replaced him with Vigilius. Some see this as a poor proof of the starting date being 538.

I hope you do not misunderstand I am well satisfied that the starting date is 538 I was just hoping some history buff out there may be able to show some more details to Bolster the 538 date. 

Views: 3152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The interesting thing, that other than that, there was nothing significant in United States history in 1798.  The major thing that happened was Napoleon's sacking of papal Rome.  As a side note, Napoleon's deposition of the King of Span for Pepe Botellas was amusing or "Petey Bottles" I guess he liked to drink a lot.

Napoleon established a Roman republic, he was attempting to reestablish the Roman empire; where the church was again subject to the emperor.
Nothing happened relating to the United States on that date, so I'm not sure how it fits into this. If we are looking for it in bible history, maybe we should start in the bible.

28Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew.

29Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

Elijah,

Some years ago I compiled "a historical context" for 538AD. This might be of interest to some here. I am thinking that I will bring the article up from AdventistOnline "archive", rather than clutter up the current post.

Thanks Stewart I would appreciate that, please leave a link here so we can find it please.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service