Adventist Online

Is the number of 144,000 a literal number of souls, or are they a special class of souls amoung the multitudes of souls to be in Heaven? After the flood, only 8 people survived that one....

...and is it good enough for us to not strive to BE one of the 144,000, but to just barely get inside the gates of Heaven? I heard a preacher one Sabbath say: " I don't care if I'm not a part of the 144,000, I just wanna get in"  He may have been exhorting his sense of humor, but the desception is present in his statement. Often, satan will wrap his desceptions in humor, to get them past our inner securities, and we readily accept them while we laugh at them, all the while, not realizing that we've just been duped!

So, are we, or are we not to strive to be one of the 144,000 ???

Views: 5421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EGW:"There is in some of the members of the church, pride, self-sufficiency, stubborn unbelief, and a refusing to yield their ideas, although evidence may be piled upon evidence which makes the message to the Laodicean church applicable. But that will not blot out the church that it will not exist. Let both tares and wheat grow together until the harvest. Then it is the angels that do the work of separation." 1MR p.363

EGW: "Tares will appear among the wheat; but it would do more harm to weed out the tares, unless in God’s appointed way, than to leave them alone. While the Lord brings into the church those who are truly converted, Satan at the same time brings persons who are not converted into its fellowship. While Christ is sowing the good seed, Satan is sowing the tares. There are two opposing influences continually exerted on the members of the church. One influence is working for the purification of the church, and the other for the corrupting of the people of God." TM p.46

EGW : "God has a church on earth who are lifting up the downtrodden law, and presenting to the world the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world. The church is the depositary of the wealth of the riches of the grace of Christ, and through the church eventually will be made manifest the final and full display of the love of God to the world that is to be lightened with its glory. The prayer of Christ that His church may be one as He was one with His Father will finally be answered. The rich dowry of the Holy Spirit will be given, and through its constant supply to the people of God they will become witnesses in the world of the power of God unto salvation." TM

When she says the Holy Spirit will be given to the people of GOD, do you think the tears are given the Holy Spirit as well?

This final display of LOVE from GOD, seems to be the latter rain/loud cry.. Jesus prayer was that His Church may be one as He is one with the Father.. Thank GOD it will be answered... 

Do you think His prayer was to have tares in His Church during the loud cry?  Can the Church be one with Him and the father if there are tares in it?

Peace!

Teresa,

What I'm saying is GOD will have a people/Church during the loud cry that HE will give HIS Holy Spirit to...  What I've been asking, Do you believe GOD will give HIS Holy Spirit and use the tears in giving the loud cry? 

Do you believe the tears will be "aided by the providential interpositions of her exaled Lord, will diffuse the knowledge of salvation so abundantly that light will be commmunicated to every city and town." during the loud cry?

Teresa, would like to answer this question, or would you like to continue to do the fox trot around the question?

Teresa, Ray, Benicio,

EGW: " But in the harvest of the world there will be no likeness between good and evil. The wicked will be gathered from the righteous, to trouble them no more forever. " 2SP p.249

When is the harvest of the world, is it durning the loud cry?

Do you believe the harvest for the world is before, during, or after the time of trouble?

These questions help me better understand what you believe, where you stand... Thank you... :)

Ray Phillips and Benicio  just to clarify a bit, they will be NO TARES AFTER the purification of the church takes place and that is the one in Ezekiel 9,because the whole purpose of Ezekiel 9 is to separate the WHEAT(the ones who have been sealed by God) from the TARES(the ones who have not been sealed) hence AFTER  that the church of God would have been Purified. 

Elijah was a type of the saints who will be living on the earth at the time of the second advent of Christ and who will be “changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump,” without tasting of death.1 Corinthians 15:51, 52. PK227

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. Rev.7:4

We all entered the cloud together, and were seven days ascending to the sea of glass, when Jesus brought the crowns, and with His own right hand placed them on our heads.He gave us harps of gold and palms of victory.Here on the sea of glass the 144,000 stood in a perfect square. EW 16.2

And they were all clothed with a glorious white mantle from their shoulders to their feet.Angels were all about us as we marched over the sea of glass to the gate of the city. EW 17

Type meets antitype
The only group that fits is the 144.000. Not only because both did/will not taste death, both are Israelites (1 Kings 17:1), wear long mantles.

Amen, LadyEve

DMJ.

Okay  you to is a Shepherd's Rod. And you tol Teresa that you are not a Davidian? WAW!!

Benicio

Benicio,

Who are you calling a shepherds rod???

Accussing the brethren is a fruit of the enemy.

Please do not falsely label people as we are all brothers & sisters in Christ.

Thnak you:)....Now lets get back to the topic at hand.

DMJ

Who are me to label people?

If it not tru, say it and we will go back to de topic.

When talk to people I like to know with how I'm talking To.

Benicio

Benicio    stop judging people and read for yourself ask the Holy Spirit to open your mind and heart so you can be able to discern spiritual things

Ladyeve

YaYaYa with your Shepherd's Rod teaching.

I find you to be desrepected, people are ask  you some question and you do not give back an answer. And you come with you WShepherd's Rod Bu!!!!!!!!!

Get real answer people question!

Benicio

No Gabriel I have no problem. I now every thing of the Shepherd's Rod. I now how they think how they talk. Do you now how I now all of this? Because I whas one of them one time. But God has upon my eyes, and now I can see!

I hated with they use their taktike to convourte people on this side! Sense God has upon my eyes, I have made a promse to God, that I will expose them, and show them that what they are teaching is error!

Benicio

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2014   Created by Clark P.