Adventist Online

Alright folks as you well know that cooking is forbidden on the holy day, and everything regarding food preparation should be done before the sabbath begins, although SoP says in Ministry of Healing that food prepared before Sabbath should be warmed on Sabbath not to eat cold food which is unhealthy. So my question is:-
We have electric jugs, kettles, coffee makers etc. On sabbath morning if i boil water or make coffee is it not against what the Lord commanded that NO COOKING?
I need your views because i was considering buying a thermos flask to store my hot breakfast drink for Sabbath.

Views: 2122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we need no to go into fanatical overdrive here with this subject. I do not entirely agree with the statement that says that "no cooking should be done on the sabbaths" cause situations will dictate that sometimes this cannot always be avoided...
Your topic is pretty straightforward to me to be able to say there should be no cooking on the sabbath. That is already a given. God has given us 6 working days to prepare for the sabbath.

Now as far as the serving of food is concerned for sabbath meals there is nothing wrong with warming up the food as part of the serving process. Serving a meal is far different than preparing it.
Oh yea Booby i do get the part concerning warming.
But what i dont get is tea/coffee in the morning or whatever drink, so should we say since water is available when we boil it on sabbath isn't classed as cooking because it's some kind of warming?
Well, if you have a thermos that can keep water hot enough, then I don't see the need for boiling. So in that sense if we can avoid doing something on the sabbath then by all means avoid it.
Interesting!
In every rule, there's an exception.So peace, bro! I dont think that cooking on Sabbaths is a sin.But watchin tv & listening wordly music is & also, doing things that we do on weekdays.Saturday should be a special day, wherein you put everything aside & spend your time w/God & family;-)
Hi Ana, technically God commanded that no cooking should be done, but shade more light using SoP that food cooked on friday must be warmed for we are people who are to preserve God's temple and not injure it by partaking of cold food.
That said, how about preparing tea/coffee in the morning? I'm puzzled is boiling of water classed as warming/ cooking?
It sends my mind into orbit further in that we've thermos flasks which can keep warm water/ or any hot drink so my dilema is to crack the nut open about Boiling water or any drink on sabbath is it wrong or classed as cooking?
Are we straining at a gnat?
David...it may be something to ask...and also, in straining at that gnat, are we swallowing a camel? :) Eyes on Jesus, eyes on Jesus-all else can then maybe fall into place..
Yes... but the real question is: Would you cook that camel on Sabbath? ;-)
If cooking on the sabbath is not a sin, can you expain why God gave the childrenn of Israel a double portion on friday?
Kindly quote from the Bible about not cooking on the Sabbath please. Then 'i will answer your question
Hi Candaice, there are many scriptures in the Bible which show that there was no cooking on sabbath.

• Ex. 16:23 NIV He said to them, This is what the Lord commanded Tomorrow is to be a holy day of rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.
  • Ex. 35:2, 3 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventhday shall be your holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day. And many other verses including Ex. 20:8-11

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service