Adventist Online

Croatian shops will have to be closed on Sundays as of Jan. 1 in concession to Catholic church
4:02 AM EDT, July 15, 2008
ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) _ The Croatian parliament has passed a law forcing shops to close on Sundays in a concession to the Roman Catholic church
The law adopted Tuesday and goes into effect Jan. 1. 2009.

ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE IT REACHES THE WHOLE WORLD.

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Croatia is somewhere in Europe near to Italy.
Well, most of the people in what is now called Croatia don't mind the law at all. It will give the people time off from work and time to go to church if they choose to.

Croatia used to be part of what was called Yugoslavia. It is to the east of Italy across the water. Yugoslavia used to be under a dictator named Tito.
Time off work to go to church? By saying this, aren't you supporting Sunday keeping churches in that its okay to go to church on the Sunday? These people will still be working on God's true Sabbath day.
I'm telling it from the viewpoint of the ones who are making the laws and who campaigned for them. My point is that they don't look upon these laws as a negative thing. The same will happen in this country when we first start enforcing them. They will made to look so good that anyone opposed to them will be seen as an enemy of good society.
This is definately a sign of the times we are living in. However we have had simular laws on the books in the US for over 30 years. They are not being inforced but they are there. All these things lay the ground work for the big Sunday law which will inforce religious practice as well as closed businesses. We need to watch and be ready for the times to come. We need to study and learn to trust God. It will be very important during that time to have complete trust and dependence on God. He will be our strength. And it goes without saying that we need to tell our neighbors about what is happening in the world. You may be amazed how many really don't know these things.
Right you are, Becky. I think you have good insight into things. You would be surprised how many even of Seventh-day Adventists see it as nothing important. I feel like so many are spiritually asleep. Glad to see you are awake! Let's encourage others to think about their relationship with Christ and to study their Bibles.
This goes to show what powerful influence the catholic church has . once it was force , but now its enforce and its now made into law for that country, its has to start somewhere . This is not really the big Sunday law that we alway talk about , but it has to start somewhere i guess. its going to start small like this and then get big . until it eventually reaches the whole world . The catholic church has been trying to get this law pass for a long while now . soon they will have success. and convince the whole world to do the same . I sometime have a problem in believing that this can really happen though. but i guess if they can force shops to close than they can force us not to worship on Saturdays.

As the storm approaches, a large class who have professed faith in the third angel's message, but have not been sanctified through obedience to the truth, abandon their position and join the ranks of the opposition….When Sabbath-keepers are brought before the courts to answer for their faith, these apostates are the most efficient agents of Satan to misrepresent and accuse them, and by false reports and insinuations to stir up the rulers against them. (The Great Controversy, 608)
ARE YOU IN CROATIA? AS IN HOW ARE YOU REACTING TO IT?
ANYWAY, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE SABBATH TO WORSHIP, NO MUCH HARM STILL. MAYBE IT WILL THEN GET SERIOUS. LETS PRAY FOR GOD TO STRENGTHEN US FOR DIFFICULT TIMES THAT ARE AHEAD
I storngly dislike the fact that ppl look at us wired when we tell them about the sabbath or our day of rest and worship, then after making sunday a day of worship... they basically create their own sabbath that clashes with the true one.

God is really near, we all need to bond with God because He's trying to warn us... He's all we'll ever need in this life =]

I will pray for these people and thankyou so much for the news. =]
The time is very short, Jesus shalt coming quickly back!

We must prepaire for this also we must preach the 3 Angel Message this is our duty! But many people in Europe sleeping!! Wake up Europe !! Wake up pastors!!! Wake up brothers and sisters!!!!

Maranatha!
The reason these laws are a wake up call is that they were supported strongly by the Catholic Church and it shows the direction the Vatican would like to take things. It shows how much influence the Vatican has. This would have been unimaginable in 1885 when Ellen White was writing The Great Controversy. At that time the Papacy was considered a dying institution. And the US was not the world power Ellen White predicted it would become before Christ comes. All the signs are all around us that Jesus is coming soon. These Sunday laws are just one among many.

Remember that Christ's return is not dependent on time but on the church's spiritual condition. Christ could have come in the late 1800s, but the church rebelled against God and against God's prophet, similar to the way the children of Israel rebelled against God and His prophet on the borders of the Promised Land. We've repeated their history. Let's hope and pray we don't continue down that path.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service