Adventist Online

There is this movement within the church now about witnessing to Muslims and with this idea that we worship the same God. The thought is based on the fact that the Qur'an has a link to the God of Abraham, Moses, Joseph and also talked about Jesus even though it deny the sonship.
The Bible says in 1John 22, 23 "Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. How then can we reconcile this fact with the idea that we worship the same God with the Muslims?

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

News August 2007

Participants at the WEA-Adventist meetings

Spirited Discussions Mark Evangelical-Adventist Meeting

Representatives of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) met at Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan, August 5-10, 2007, for theological conversations. The discussions, which were warm and cordial, featured lively exchanges of views.

The current conversations were a follow-up to the initial round of discussions held in Prague, Czech Republic, August 8-11, 2006. Most of the participants this year also took part in the Prague meeting.

Dr. Rolf Hille, chairman of the Theological Commission of the WEA, and Dr. John Graz, secretary of the Council on Interchurch/Interfaith Relations of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, organized the conversations. The theological discussions were jointly chaired by Dr. Hille and Dr. William G. Johnsson, assistant to the president of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists for Interfaith Relations.

The WEA was also represented by Dr. Jürg Buchegger, Mr. Bonn Clayton, Pastor James Kautt, Dr. Herbert Klement, Mr. Sven Wagschal, and joined by Dr. Reinhard Hempelmann; and the Adventists by Dr. Niels-Erik Andreasen, Dr. Bert B. Beach, Dr. Teresa Reeve, and Dr. Angel M. Rodriguez. Four professors from the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary made presentations and participated in the discussions: Dr. Denis Fortin, Dr. Roy Gane, Dr. Miroslav Kiš, and Dr. Peter van Bemmelen.

The conversations revealed a common love for the Lord and his Word, and a large measure of theological agreement. The Adventist participants could agree wholeheartedly with the WEA Statement of Faith, which focuses on the Bible as the Word of God, the Trinity, the person of Jesus Christ and his saving work, justification by faith, prayer, conversion, sanctification, and the Second Coming of Christ.

At the same time several areas of disagreement became apparent. The Adventist teachings regarding the Sanctuary and the pre-Advent judgment, the role and authority of Ellen G. White, the Sabbath as the day of worship for Christians, and human nature and destiny led to spirited exchanges.

The participants concluded that, despite disagreement over these distinctive Adventist beliefs, the large measure of common ground allows for Adventists and the WEA to cooperate, where advisable, in areas of shared interest.

Those involved in the conversations developed a joint statement of their findings and recommendations. This will be forwarded to the respective governing bodies.

The WEA represents some 420 million Evangelical Christians in 127 countries drawn from many denominations. The Adventist Church has 15 million members in more than 200 countries.

Do your own research to find out more
Maybe it is more important to ask, are we doing the same things following the same laws, are we living the same lives, are we treating ourselves and others honestly? Maybe worshipping the same God is an irrelevant argument because no one really knows God, in a literal sense.
In a sense, the Raul did not actually treat the argument but went off the mark., Then with this reply as to whether worshiping the same God is immaterial does not show if you real understand the discussion. If I put it this way, who is Allah? do your reasearch in the Arabian culture and come up with your results. It is then and only then you can understand why I am asking the question. It is just to provoke our thoughts and wake us up to reality and consciousness of what is happening in and around us. Do your research and come up with your answer. Do we worship the same God?
My answer is "YES" because I live in Islamic country which is in Malaysia. We are using the same name for God here that is Allah...and Allah is the One and Only God to them..and it was the same with our belief...But the problem is they don't believe in Jesus Christ died on Calvary...they believe in Jesus Christ second coming...a little bit confusing here...later i'll try to give another explanation!! please correct me if anything wrong...TQ ^^,
God in Hebrew word is spelled as "Elah" and alternatively as "Alah"
Our Bible translation in Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Melayu were 100% using the word Allah as God in the English Bible. ^^,
I've read the Qu'ran several times and studied Muslim literature. The Qu'ran contradicts the Bible at many important points, and Allah as described in the Qu'ran is different from the God described in the Bible. I believe there is good reason to believe that Allah of the Koran is Satan. God does not send the Spirit to contradict Himself. The Jesus of the Koran is not the Jesus of the Bible.

Therefore, while the name of Allah itself may be the same in both the Koran and a translation of the Bible, yet the depiction of that God is quite different, proving that we are not talking about the same person.

The name is not important. What if you had two books talking about someone named "Larry"? Would that mean that both are necessarily referring to the same person named "Larry"? Of course not. The only way to tell if it's the same person would be to compare what both books say about "Larry."

So, compare what the Qu'ran says about God with what the Bible says about God. Are they portraying the same person? Do they agree? Do they contradict each other?
Seeing that the both religions have the same roots i beg to differ with the argument that the Allah of the Qu'ran is the devil. What evidence do you have to make such a statement I would certainly like to know because the Jews (another branch from the same root) also does not believe that Jesus is the son of God, so does that mean that every time in God's name is mentioned in the Talmud that they are referring to the devil? or that they are worshiping/referring to a different God?
Please Try again because that argument obviously does not work!
I feel the intent is important. If you believe you are worshiping the true God then the true God will lead you to the truth.
Yes, the intent of the heart is important. And if a person really wants to know the truth, God will make it possible for them to learn the truth Jesus Christ. That can only come from the Bible-- both the Old and the New Testaments. It cannot come from the Qu'ran because the Qu'ran does not contain the gospel of Jesus Christ. It does not teach that one is saved through faith in Christ's death and resurrection. The Qu'ran teaches that Jesus only appeared to die but that He did not actually die. It also teaches that Jesus was nothing but a servant of God, and that Allah never had a son. It says they are liars who teach that Allah had or has a son.

Would a book inspired by God teach that God never had a son and that Jesus did not die?

By the way, the Qu'ran also teaches that Jesus will die in the future in be resurrected. That is still future. Do you believe this? Yet it is in the Qu'ran.

Do you believe that God would inspire a book to say that Jesus spoke as an adult when He was an infant in the crib? Yet this is what the Qu'ran teaches.

It contains many more false teachings that plainly contradict the Bible. How can they both be from the same God, if He is to be trusted to tell the truth?

Which book is telling the truth? What do you believe?
Brother, its not a wise strategy to be hard on the Qu'ran if we want the Gospel of Christ to be preached to all nations which include Muslim nations. Will the Muslims open up their hearts to the gospel if we tell them to throw their Qu'rans because its inspired by the Devil? Will they not be the more prejudiced to evangelism if we proclaim to them that Mohamad their prophet is a false prophet? The issue at stake is how to reach every individual muslim without creating prejudice in the heart so that the Gospel of Christ will be preached to all nations and then the end will come. It is not about doctrinal accuracy because we are not saved by doctrines. We are only saved thru Jesus Christ: "No one can come thru the Father but by Me". The emphasis here is that Jesus Christ has to be proclaimed to each individual muslim so that they can make the decision to accept or reject Him as personal Saviour.
How will an Adventist reach out to the Islamic world if he presents them with anti-Islamic views? I do not deny that their views about God are quite different from ours because they don't believe in the Trinity and that's the
reason why they dont believe Jesus Christ as God the Son and that he is only a human being.
They believe that there is only one God and not two or three. But for me,I dont think anybody in this world can understand and explain the difficult concept of theTrinity not even the most brilliant theologian can understand the mysterious nature of God. Not even anyone of us can understand the dual nature of Jesus Christ who is God and at the same time man. These subjects present one of the most difficult
passages in scripture which can only be understood when we spend time with God thru eternity in heaven.
Brother, its not a wise strategy to be hard on the Qu'ran if we want the Gospel of Christ to be preached to all nations which include Muslim nations. Will the Muslims open up their hearts to the gospel if we tell them to throw their Qu'rans because its inspired by the Devil? Will they not be the more prejudiced to evangelism if we proclaim to them that Mohamad their prophet is a false prophet? The issue at stake is how to reach every individual muslim without creating prejudice in the heart so that the Gospel of Christ will be preached to all nations and then the end will come. It is not about doctrinal accuracy because we are not saved by doctrines. We are only saved thru Jesus Christ: "No one can come thru the Father but by Me". The emphasis here is that Jesus Christ has to be proclaimed to each individual muslim so that they can make the decision to accept or reject Him as personal Saviour.
How will an Adventist reach out to the Islamic world if he presents them with anti-Islamic views? I do not deny that their views about God are quite different from ours because they don't believe in the Trinity and that's the
reason why they dont believe Jesus Christ as God the Son and that he is only a human being.
They believe that there is only one God and not two or three. But for me,I dont think anybody in this world can understand and explain the difficult concept of theTrinity not even the most brilliant theologian can understand the mysterious nature of God. Not even anyone of us can understand the dual nature of Jesus Christ who is God and at the same time man. These subjects present one of the most difficult
passages in scripture which can only be understood when we spend time with God thru eternity in heaven.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service