Adventist Online

There is this movement within the church now about witnessing to Muslims and with this idea that we worship the same God. The thought is based on the fact that the Qur'an has a link to the God of Abraham, Moses, Joseph and also talked about Jesus even though it deny the sonship.
The Bible says in 1John 22, 23 "Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. How then can we reconcile this fact with the idea that we worship the same God with the Muslims?

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having said those words, it would not be wise to insist to the Islamic communities our "own correct views on God" since even none of us can fully define God and the Trinity anyway. Let the HOLY SPIRIT do those things which we can't explain thru the power of the Gospel of Christ in His own timing. The Qu'ran teaches muslims to believe the Gospels of the Bible because it is one of the fundamental beliefs of Islam (please review about the fundamental beliefs of Islam). If God give's the opportunity why not lead a Muslim friend via passages in the Qu'ran to read a Gospel passage in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" and let the Muslim decide for his own salvation whether to accept or reject Jesus the Prophet as his own personal Saviour. That's the real issue and that's the emphasis of evangelism to the Muslims. Thus our commission from our Lord to the muslim world is performed and when all Muslims and all peoples have been reached Christ will return at last! Hallelujah! Please pray for me brother
I agree with your general point in how to approach Muslims with the gospel. I would not do it in a way that is confrontational. I would begin with all the things that Muslims have in common with Seventh-day Adventists, as well as the things that the Qu'ran has in common with the Bible.

The is a beginning. Let the Holy Spirit convict and lead. Our job is to show love, patience, and kindness.

But at some point it will become necessary to point out the differences between the Qu'ran and the Bible. This needs to be done prayerfully and lovingly.

The point is that one cannot believe in Qu'ran as God's Truth and in the Bible as God's Truth. One has to decide what the gospel of Christ is, and the Qu'ran does not teach it or contain it. The gospel is that God sent His Son into the world out of His love for us, and that this Son died and was resurrected. The Qu'ran says Jesus did not die and was not resurrected.
You are misreading my post. My post is not written to Muslims but to Adventists who need to know the truth.

I have close Muslim friends. I do not tell them these things as I have written them, let me assure you.

At the same time, we Christians should have no illusions about the truth and about the war between Christ and Satan.
According to 1 Cor. 15, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the very heart of the gospel. The Qu'ran, remember, denies both, meaning that the Qu'ran does not proclaim the gospel of Christ but rejects it.

It says Christ did not die. But if He did not die, how could He be resurrected? And if He was not resurrected, we are of all men most miserable.

This is a fairly simple, straightforward, basic Bible doctrine.
In what way do they have the same roots?

I ask in due respect, have you studied the history of Islam to know how Mohammed was contacted by the spirit who gave him the words you read in the Qu'ran?

The Qu'ran is written in the opposite order in which the spirit dictated that book. The first words are at the end of the book.

It's a well known fact among Qu'ran historians and scholars that Mohammed at first believed that it was an a demon that contacted him. This is what he told his wife and others, but they persuaded him to accept the spirit the next time it contacted him. And this is what he did. (Ever heard of the book, The Satanic Verses by a well-known British/Indian author?)

Do you know of any example like this is the Bible-- where the prophet believed that it was a demon, then decided it was God?

Please think about this. I believe the history of Islam shows that it really was a demon, that Mohammed first's impressions were the correct ones.

Islam is demonic, not of God. It has prevented millions from being saved and has kept millions in oppression, especially its women.

It encourages people to kill others with the belief that they will be rewarded in heaven. Does that sound like something from God?

What many don't realize is that Mohammed almost became a Christian, except for the corruption of sixth century Christian Church. He also studied and admired the Old Testament and Judaism.

The root is simply that Mohammed copied many of the same ideas and teachings as found in the the Bible. That is why they are similar. The New Testament was about 600 years old when the Qu'ran was written.
The difference between the Jews and the Muslims is simply that the Old Testament does teach about Jesus Christ, but the Qu'ran contradicts the Old and the New Testaments. While Qu'ran contains information and mention of Christ, what it says about Him is false.

As for the Talmud, it is not inspired and therefore it carries no authority. By contrast, the Muslims claim that the Qu'ran was inspired and even dictated by Allah through a spirit.

Read it and compare it with the Bible. What spirit do you believe dictated it? What spirit said Jesus did not die? What spirit does not want people to believe that Jesus died?
My brother, perhaps I would agree with your arguments about...but let me tell you some thing. I lives in the country which most of the population exceeded up to 85% of the whole population. You know, prolonged we have been studied, just like you did, all about the moslem cultures and literature's while hoping to get a better understanding of it to defend and to debate while they are attacking us in the way they use to do, in fact, we found that it is almost never to get the moslem into conversion. So, I do observes that you have a good knowledge in studying and observing, please you find the way so that your argument could be use by those readers in this forum to help the moslem to get into conversion, ok?
Very interesting discourse. I haven't read all the Qu'ran, but what little I have read spoke to me very much like it was demon-inspired. I felt the heat of the dragon's roar. The Allah of the Qu'ran gives a whole different representation of righteousness than James..

"But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." (James 3:14-18).

"For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." (Luke 9:56).
You hit the nail right on the head, precisely.

It is interesting that whereas the Qu'ran states in propositional form that Allah is gracious and forgiving, the Bible shows how God came and actually demonstrated his love and forgiveness. Unlike Allah, the God of the Bible was not content to remain in heaven high above suffering humanity and merely telling us what He is like; but God came to this earth in the person of Christ Himself and PROVED BY ACTIONS WITHIN HISTORY that He IS love. Anyone can say they love; but God did not just say it; He lived it under the most trying, difficult circumstances. The difference between those two is like the difference between night and day.
They are worshiping their god and we are worshiping our God.
also the muslim country of iran it's government stated that is point of existence is to destroy Isreal
we are not worshiping the same God

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by