Adventist Online

I'm a person who loves music. Especially Gospel. I love to go with the rythm of the music. I'm not saying that the music is something to wok-up or whine-down on, NO. Just a nice decent song, e.g. "These r the days of Elijah". I will move with the song. Yet it is wrong in the sight of others, especially the elderly.

Is this wrong? Then why?

Views: 1481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rose You don't appear to be that old

Dancing can be wonderful and it can be evil. Use your God guided brain to determine the difference.

Leon

You brought up what she said against nightclub dancing. That is not what our sister was talking about when she posted this thread. And other people did bring up verses that were from Psalms. How more inspired can one get?
Greetings fellow SDA Christians

This is very interesting topic..For I see folk against The MESSAGE of the LORD. Notice that underneath the mountain Dancing and fornication, LAWLESSNESS. What are near the borders of the Kingdom, must we act like man that have lost their reason. Like the brother said ...where is a; "THUS SAID THE LORD" You folks are acting like a THUS SAID SATAN"should be practice. WE as the SDA body are in no position for our condition is wrong, not only i this issue but in many more.

"The enemy is preparing for his last campaign against the church. He has so concealed himself from view that many can hardly believe that he exists, much less can they be convinced of his amazing activity and power. They have to a great extent forgotten his past record; and when he makes another advance move, they will not recognize him as their enemy, that old serpent, but they will consider him a friend, one who is doing a good work. Boasting of their independence they will, under his specious, bewitching influence, obey the worst impulses of the human heart and yet believe that God is leading them. Could their eyes be opened to distinguish their captain, they would see that they are not serving God, but the enemy of all righteousness. They would see that their boasted independence is one of the heaviest fetters Satan can rivet on unbalanced minds. {5T 294.1}
Man is Satan's captive and is naturally inclined to follow his suggestions and do his bidding. He has in himself no power to oppose effectual resistance to evil. It is only as Christ abides in him by living faith, influencing his desires and strengthening him with strength from above, that man may venture to face so terrible a foe. Every other means of defense is utterly vain. It is only through Christ that Satan's power is limited. This is a momentous truth that all should understand. Satan is busy every moment, going to and fro, walking up and down in the earth, seeking whom he may devour. But the earnest prayer of faith will baffle his strongest efforts. Then take "the shield of faith," brethren, "wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." {5T 294.2}
The worst enemies we have are those who are trying to destroy the influence of the watchmen upon the walls of Zion. Satan works through agents. He is making an earnest effort here. He works according to a definite plan, and his agents act in concert. A line of unbelief stretches across the continent and is in communication with the church of God. Its influence has been exerted to undermine confidence in the work of the Spirit of God. This element is here and is silently working. Be careful lest you be found aiding the enemy of God and man by spreading false reports and by criticisms and decided opposition." {5T 294.3}

Make haste Brother, Sister; immediately take your stand on the Lord's side, so that He may, because of your "sighing" (repenting) and "crying" (proclaiming the sealing message), without delay disclose "to view" as the "servants of our God," you who shall escape being among the "slain of the Lord," be sent unto the Gentiles, and "bring all your brethren...out of all nations." Isa. 66:16, 19, 20.

Study the message for yourselves, and forbid that any flesh interfere with your salvation. Make your own decision independently of any man, and know for yourself that God is leading you as He did when you were to become as S.D.A. Accept neither priest nor prelate as your God. "Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee." Ps.32:9. Why should you trip and fall over the same stumbling block which has plunged millions headlong into hell? Look up, Brother, Sister, and avoid the calamity ahead, and help others also to avoid it.

God bless Us all in the Name of Jesus, Amen

br Raul
OH!! Have i sinned because I dance?? I guess it is not wrong. I agree with everyone who says that during the time in the old testaments, there were dancing.. dancing is also means adoration and praise but just be watchful on the way you dance.. You may dance but not to the extent of catching the attention others! hehehe .. k?
Dancing were an spiritual issue in biblical times, and also has an intimate relation with worship, will you dance in order to praise God? Well, is up to you...enjoy having time with the Lord. Btw, you have to realize what kind of worshiping music were used at biblical times if you will use biblical quotations in order to support dancing in the name of the Lord. Read this for more info about Jewish music perhaps will be usefull. God truly bless us all. HAVE A GREAT TIME.
Why is it that everyone likes to talk about David's dance before the LORD, but no one wants to talk about his wife Michal? Does everyone remember Michal, the woman who complained about David's dancing and who was rendered impotent as a result? Could there be a parallel to this in the church today? Is there too much complaining about the things God finds acceptable but certain Adventists do not find acceptable? Is the church powerless because of the criticism and rejection of things God finds holy and acceptable?

2 Samuel 6: 12 Now King David was told, "The LORD has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God." So David went down and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing. 13 When those who were carrying the ark of the LORD had taken six steps, he sacrificed a bull and a fattened calf. 14 David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the LORD with all his might, 15 while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

16 As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

21 David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

23 And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.
I don't think that I know any people who "Dance before the Lord"....'nuff sed.
You might know people who dance before the LORD. They go into their closets and pray and dance before the LORD so they won't accidentally cause a brother or sister to fall.

You don't know enough people then, I would suggest you expand your horizons.

Leon

Bold words spoken clearly. Dancing was invented by God, just like music, done properly it is a wonderful form of celebration. Done poorly it can lead to corruption. We have the Holy Spirit as our guide. Those that use the SOP are failing to use the biblical formula, and thus I would not adhere to their guidance or pay attention to their judgment.

Leon

Those rhythm songs, most times, have no deep meaning, no Christ, just feel-good songs; only a few repeated words in the entire song. Real  Christian songs should not be like this. e.g.

The song referenced by the OP has significant meaning, especially to the end of days in which we are living:

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service