Adventist Online

I'm a person who loves music. Especially Gospel. I love to go with the rythm of the music. I'm not saying that the music is something to wok-up or whine-down on, NO. Just a nice decent song, e.g. "These r the days of Elijah". I will move with the song. Yet it is wrong in the sight of others, especially the elderly.

Is this wrong? Then why?

Views: 1481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EXACTLY!!!!  I like Donnie McClurkin's version, personally.

Loved this, thanks for the video; how could you not move to this song.

Leon

Cool song....I love the Williams Brothers.  Thanks!

BTW, you would probably have a problem with most Spirituals and Handel's Messiah too...not enough 

words for you..... ^_^

And it is wrong to feel good in the Lord?

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…

If I didn't have a bum leg at the moment, I would be happy to dance before the Lord.

Hi RSS it seems like you care little for what SOP says. Or do you call EG White a Fuddy Duddie as well.

Few Popular Amusements Are Safe—Many of the amusements popular in the world today, even with those who claim to be Christians, tend to the same end as did those of the heathen. There are indeed few among them that Satan does not turn to account in destroying souls. Through the drama he has worked for ages to excite passion and glorify vice. The opera, with its fascinating display and bewildering music, the masquerade, the dance, the card table, Satan employs to break down the barriers of principle and open the door to sensual indulgence. In every gathering for pleasure where pride is fostered or appetite indulged, where one is led to forget God and lose sight of eternal interests, there Satan is binding his chains about the soul.12 {AH 515.3}

This is not "popular amusements"... This is worship which the BIBLE clearly states we are to do for the LORD!

Was I to understand Sara that dancing is not amusement.

That is your call David May God Bless. 

"Culture" is worldly, and Satans way of getting the foot in the door of our salvation.  

True RSS

1Co 10:23  All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Happy Sabbath and God Bless

Yes true it can be read in that way I see it like this

I can do whatever i like but not all things is good and in accordance with the Will of God. 

God Bless you for reading the post RSS and Happy Sabbath

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by