Adventist Online

I'm a person who loves music. Especially Gospel. I love to go with the rythm of the music. I'm not saying that the music is something to wok-up or whine-down on, NO. Just a nice decent song, e.g. "These r the days of Elijah". I will move with the song. Yet it is wrong in the sight of others, especially the elderly.

Is this wrong? Then why?

Views: 1494

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

helesenberg ha  i not sure  this is the type of dance that was refered to  ha do u? . U do have a zany sence of humor though  I give u that much .. 

Loved the song back in the 80's.  :)

Thank you!

Back in the day, they didn't have any qualms about showing off their wealth:

2 Sam.   1:24    Ye daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you in scarlet, with [other] delights, who put on ornaments of gold upon your apparel.  

1 Kings 10:16    And king Solomon made two hundred targets [of] beaten gold: six hundred [shekels] of gold went to one target.  
 10:17    And [he made] three hundred shields [of] beaten gold; three pound of gold went to one shield: and the king put them in the house of the forest of Lebanon.  
 10:18    Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with the best gold.  

Plus, they had thousands of wives.  They showed off their wealth and their wives, and their bodies.  And they drank, and they danced, too.  It was a good time.

But, these are different times.  It's all about modesty, temperance, sobriety, caring about others, providing for the poor.  So, dancing would be a little awkward.  God is just about to snuff out the lives of billions of souls.  It's a very sober and solemn time.

If you say that He is not, then you definitely are playing the false prophet.

Of course God would like to save everyone, but He can't, because He can't force us to repent.

Matt.  7:13    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  
 7:14    Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 

Matt.  22:14    For many are called, but few [are] chosen.

It is a very solemn time.  The people around us not getting right with God and they are not going to make it.  It's no time for celebration.

Luke  14:18    And they all with one [consent] began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.  
 14:19    And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.  
 14:20    And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.  

God wants to save them, but they have their reasons why they cannot come to the supper.

John  6:53    Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 

yes  Rush 4 hire I see your sober thoughts in this too..  It is something    more terible in porpotition  then the Flood was in actuality.. It is tough today when all u see is those that  think all music is of the Lord n nothing  is bad.... Iappreciate  your thought  provoking comments too.

Hi brothers and sisters,

Your question is : Why aren't Adventist Christians suppose to dance?

Well, you see sister, both bad and good water can't come out of the same fountain. I cant use the body thats temple of the Holy Spirit to do a ''wordly'' activity such as dancing. Well, but it is also true as some brethren say below, that the Bible mentions dancing, but, WHO DANCED? PEOPLE FROM ISRAEL. How, why and when did they dance? They danced after winning wars because that was part of their culture,, but I cant remember non of the godly people dancing in the temple.

Now, we are not from the middle east,

Also, WHAT MUSIC CAN A PERSON DANCE? Music that has beat and rythym. But, according to the music laws stated in the Bible, godly music had not rythym, but melody, which means, you cant dance to it.

I hope this helped sis :) Im speaking out of what ive read, if you wanna know more let me know to send you the texts of Scripture and EGW talks lot about music too.

GOD BLESS US ALL AND GIVES US MORE UNDERSTANDING, BECAUSE A BETTER KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WILL AND  BEING WILLING TO OBEY , WILL RESULT IN A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. HAPPY SABBATH :)~

There is nothing wrong with dancing, just dancing with the opposite sex (unless of course it is your husband.) as it leads to temptation.

Dancing is great exercise.

The bible is our guide and the bible gives instructions as it pertains to dancing. 

1. We can dance

2. We dance for a reason (look at the times when God's people dance and the venues as well)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service