Adventist Online

I'm a person who loves music. Especially Gospel. I love to go with the rythm of the music. I'm not saying that the music is something to wok-up or whine-down on, NO. Just a nice decent song, e.g. "These r the days of Elijah". I will move with the song. Yet it is wrong in the sight of others, especially the elderly.

Is this wrong? Then why?

Views: 1534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If SDAs dance in manner than is more a kin to marching perhaps with a whirl, if they do so outside of the sanctuary, and if they do so without the opposite sex and without rock type music, then perhaps it might be permissible when the ark is being brought back to the temple.

So Stacey this is your kind of music then 

I went with my wife to Big Camp in Australia on a night session the youth were dancing away to rock music I grew up as a secular person in the 60's and 70's and 80's...I questioned the venue, why the rock music....what else do we do for youth they said ....

I love dancing too, but how do we regulate such wonderful ways to have fun, with our wives only...and not take the mode of fun to the next level, ie with rock music, and sexual dancing with other partners and immodest women dancing with other husbands....we can't even regulate clothing standard in church...we can't even regulate secular chatter in church....

we can't even have holy feasts on Sabbath, without over indulging in sweets, over eating and obesity 

SHalom

And if it is, that's her business!  

How about spending more time with the LORD on your own salvation and less about what "you think" someone should or should not be doing"?  

When will this Message Board begin to spiritually mature?

Another load of horse manure!  David danced "before the Lord."  Dancing in a joyous way or just moving rhythm to the song should be OK.  I don't plan my day around the elderly or what they want, and neither should you. 

We can dance, just don't twerk. :P

The Zion nation was set up!!  The Jews were about destroyed during the siege in 70AD!!

nope nothing should be wrong 

i do it

anyone out there who sees me do it

jump in

and we will sway with the music

(smile)

the kind of dancing going on nowadays bears no resemblance to the dancing in bible times, a glimpse of which can be seen by taking a trip to palestine...the kind of dancing occurring in palestine, even now, is ordered steps to downbeat rhythms, which can accentuate joy that is innocent and wholesome...it is not the sexual connotation created by the syncopated rhythms in popular/gospel music of today...

the entire spirit is clouded by modern dance music...but that, of course, is its object...you will not be able to maintain a clear sense of connection with the spirit of god by giving in to modern dance music...

Twerking has been around for over 100+ years--it was just called something else. LOL

There is nothing new under the sun...

Hello Jeremy

Are you sure?

I - Prepared choreographic dancing

MACHOWLAH (MEK-O-LAW’)

Dance, to dance, dancing; dance (in two rows), to dance; group dancing or dancing in a circle.   According. to others: like a musical choir in a camp.

With the notion of art, choreographic creativity.   Steps and gestures danced by one or several soloists repeated in unison by the other dancers...

Judges 11:34 - And Jephthah came to Mizpah unto his house; and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances.

1 Samuel 21:11 -  Les serviteurs d’Akisch lui dirent: N’est-ce pas là David, roi du pays? n’est-ce pas celui pour qui l’on chantait en dansant: Saül a frappé ses mille, -Et David ses dix mille?

1 Samuel 29:5 -  Is not this David, of whom they sang one to another in dances, saying, Saul hath slain his thousands, And David his ten thousands?

Song of Solomon 6:13 - Return, return, O Shulammite; Return, return, that we may look upon thee. Why will ye look upon the Shulammite, As upon the dance of Mahanaim?

Exodus 15:20 – And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.

1 Samuel 18:6 – And it came to pass as they came, when David returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with timbrels, with joy, and with instruments of music.

Jeremiah 31:4 – Again will I build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: again shalt thou be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.

!!! Nevertheless, the Bible gives us an example of perversion concerning dancing with this particular verb: Dance turned towards idolatry in Exodus 32.

Exodus 32:19 – And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

CHOROS (KHOR-OS’)

Dances: a group (of dancers and singers), a dance in a circle, dances.Dancing  in Judea wasn't mixed.   It was generally performed by professional dancers.

Luke 15:25
– Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing.

It was a wonderful picture of the Father who welcomes his prodigal son home by preparing a feast and choreographic dances in his honour...   Knowing the wonderful parallel that we can make with our lives and the way God loves us, we can say that He most probably will welcome us in heaven in this way! ...   And that heaven rejoices in this way every time a repenting person returns to his Creator and Father.

!!! It's interesting to notice the dry and bitter look of the older son who remarks his lack of profit and who, being arrogant, doesn't welcome his brother back home.   Be careful! There can be bad, loveless looks that should be eliminated from our lives and churches.

CHAGAG (KHAW-GAG’)

!!! Pejorative notion of debauchery dancing by Israel's enemies: feast day, to celebrate, to celebrate the feast day, to turn in a circles, giddiness, to dance, to totter.

1 Samuel 30:16 – And when he had brought him down, behold, they were spread abroad over all the ground, eating and drinking, and dancing, because of all the great spoil that they had taken out of the land of the Philistines, and out of the land of Judah.

ORCHEOMAI (OR-KHEH’-OM-AHEE)
!!! Perverse dancing: manipulation, means of seduction.
Comes from 'orchos' (line or circle). To dance.

It was not usual for the ladies of a high position to dance outside the harem.   Oriental dancing, in this particular circumstance, has a libertine character.   But a bad mother pushed her own daughter to degrade herself in order to seduce, to manipulate and to fulfil her plan of murder.

Matthew 14:4 – But when Herod’s birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced in the midst, and pleased Herod.

Mark 6:22 – And when the daughter of Herodias herself came in and danced, she pleased Herod and them that sat at meat with him; and the king said unto the damsel, Ask of me whatsoever thou wilt, and I will give it thee.

As Sarah States, there is nothing new under the sun. Dancing was invented by our Lord, and like anything else it can be good and it can be perverted. It is up to you and your guide (the Holy Spirit ,) to decipher what is what.

Leon

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by