Adventist Online

I mostly find myself with certain questions about nature that are really difficult to answer.

People say that God created nature; and that hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, tsunamies and such disasters are natures. They want to know: What causes these things to happen? Is God the one to blame? Why or why not?

How can i get these questions answered, convincing them that God is a loving God despite natures disasters?

Please help me out!!!

Thx

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a tough one by any means. God did create nature as u said. Some of these disasters happen becos of imbalances (i left school a few mons ago so dont remeber specifics!). global warming contributes to some, so mayb we are to blame for some. ultimately God does allow theses things to happen. he commands the world and can stop anything he so wishes to. they happen cos we live in an imperfect world. its imperfect becos of sin. we brought sin into the world. it is a consequence of sin that God alows to happen sometimes
When God created nature, He didn't creat disasters. because of our greed, our hunger for money, our desperat search for the unatainable, we interfere with nature beyond its limits and as a result, we get the disasters. Man is drilling the earth/land, man is Poluting the air (greenhouse efect - global warming -... disasters)...
God is love. I have proven it to be true and no matter what comes our way, God will not change. When God created this world it was PERFECT in every sense of the word. I would like to take your mind back to Genesis. At the end of creation week every thing was good. After sin entered the world we were cursed with all sort of maladies including hurricanes, etc. The insurance companies refer to tornadoes, tsunamies, etc as "Acts of God" but I beg to differ because this is a lie from the pit of hell. God is not willing that any of His children should perish, that is exactly why he sent His son Jesus into the world to bear a cross, mockery and shame just for me and you (Psalm 3 says that He is our shield). Come with me to the book of Job, there satan presented himself before God just because there was a man by the name of Job who was upright in all his ways. Job experienced disaster - building destroyed and killed his children - but Job knew that his God and my God was not responsible. He was told to curse God and die but he consider this to be wishful thinking. God could have stopped satan but he allowed the misery to prove that Job was in his hands. Satan is the ruler of darkness, gloom and misery in this world, therefore he is responsible for all the negatives that come our way.
I agree with all that has been said but I want to add one thing. The Bible talks about things that will happen in the last days, earthquakes, disaster, war. These things have always happened but like labor pains when a woman gives birth, as the time gets closer the pain gets more intense. We are living in those intensifying labor pains. The disasters in this world will continue to increase until Jesus returns. The Bible says that he will come quickly or else no life would remain. These things have to play out so that the entire universe can see the effects of Satans way of doing things. They need to know what sin does and that God's way is just and good. We, because of our sin, are players in this big universal lesson. But in the end we will have our reward for staying faithful. Watch the signs of his return. It is getting closer and that is why we are having so many disasters in this world. It will continue to increase in the coming years. We need to trust God that he will make all things right in the end. This is a good discussion. Many people have this same question. God Bless You.
God desires for all of us to live according to his will. (Jeremiah 29:10) "For the desires of the Lord, is for good and not for evil to give us a hope and an expected end." If we were all living according to God's will, we would have had no trouble and all would have been saved. And the bible also says, the Lord desires for everyone to be saved..., but that's just not the case. Because simply, majority of human beings are living according to his own will, which is away from the truth and causes suffering. Like for example, the bible says not to eat any form of pig, why is that because they are the garbage disposers of the earth and they are unclean. Yet, men doesn't listen to Gods will, and there are many that are sick because they do not follow according to his health plan will. Just like that, God has a plan for people in there jobs, where they should be and what they should do. God's will is the best thing for us and we have not to fear in that. Another example, I heard that the downfall in our economy was majorly caused by greed. Sin causes evil. Also the Lord allows disasters as to teach us to draw near to him, when we are away from him and the cup of his mercy has overflowed and we have misused it then he sends down his wrath. But only when we are not living according to the way he wants us to live as a person, as a nation, as the world so that we can come back to the truth.
"We see calamities of every kind and in every degree coming upon the earth, and why? The Lord's restraining power is not exercised. The world has disregarded the word of God. Satan is the destroyer. God cannot bless those who refuse to be faithful stewards. All He can do is to permit Satan to accomplish his destroying work." 6 Testimonies,388,389.

"Satan works through the elements also to garner his harvest of unprepared souls. He has studied the secrets of the laboratories of nature, and he uses all his power to control the elements as far as God allows. When he was suffered to afflict Job, how quickly flocks and herds, servants, houses, children, were swept away, one trouble succeeding another as in a moment. It is God that shields His creatures and hedges them in from the power of the destroyer. But the Christian world have shown contempt for the law of Jehovah; and the Lord will do just what He has declared that He would--He will withdraw His blessings from the earth and remove His protecting care from those who are rebelling against His law and teaching and forcing others to do the same. Satan has control of all whom God does not especially guard. He will favor and prosper some in order to further his own designs, and he will bring trouble upon others and lead men to believe that it is God who is afflicting them...

"While appearing to the children of men as a great physician who can heal all their maladies, he will bring disease and disaster, until populous cities are reduced to ruin and desolation. Even now he is at work. In accidents and calamities by sea and by land, in great conflagrations, in fierce tornadoes and terrific hailstorms, in tempests, floods, cyclones, tidal waves, and earthquakes, in every place and in a thousand forms, Satan is exercising his power. He sweeps away the ripening harvest, and famine and distress follow. He imparts to the air a deadly taint, and thousands perish by the pestilence. These visitations are to become more and more frequent and disastrous. Destruction will be upon both man and beast. 'The earth mourneth and fadeth away,' 'the haughty people . . . do languish. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.'" Isaiah 24:4, 5. The Great Controversy,589,590.

"The power and malice of Satan and his host might justly alarm us were it not that we may find shelter and deliverance in the superior power of our Redeemer. We carefully secure our houses with bolts and locks to protect our property and our lives from evil men; but we seldom think of the evil angels who are constantly seeking access to us, and against whose attacks we have, in our own strength, no method of defense. If permitted, they can distract our minds, disorder and torment our bodies, destroy our possessions and our lives. Their only delight is in misery and destruction. Fearful is the condition of those who resist the divine claims and yield to Satan's temptations, until God gives them up to the control of evil spirits. But those who follow Christ are ever safe under His watchcare. Angels that excel in strength are sent from heaven to protect them. The wicked one cannot break through the guard which God has stationed about His people. " 517.

sky
AMEN. POWERFUL QUOTES FROM THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.
In the last days fire comes from God out of heaven like in the time of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. In Revelation chapters 15 & 16 the vials of God's wrath is given to the angels as the seven last plagues most judgments affecting nature / physical world. Mountains will move, great earthquake, hail the size of a talent. In addition the Devil, his angels and the wicked is cast by God into the lake of fire. Revelation 20: 14,15.

God has power to create and to destroy. Angels and man inherited those to destroy with limits set by God. Jesus said if we had enough faith we could move mountains and like Him calm the storms. Remember the story of Jonah and the storm?

Nature is faithful to the call of God. It speaks of God and conveys His messages of peace, righteous indignation and judgment like we do.
It is not an 'act of God'. It is an act of Satan.
"Everything in the world is in agitation. The signs of the times are ominous. Coming events cast their shadows before. The Spirit of God is withdrawing from the earth, and calamity follows calamity by sea and by land. There are tempests, earthquakes, fires, floods, murders of every grade. Who can read the future? Where is security? There is assurance in nothing that is human or earthly. Rapidly are men ranging themselves under the banner they have chosen. Restlessly are they waiting and watching the movements of their leaders. There are those who are waiting and watching and working for our Lord's appearing. Another class are falling into line under the generalship of the first great apostate. Few believe with heart and soul that we have a hell to shun and a heaven to win." The Great Controversy, 637.

"When we seek to gain Heaven through the merits of Christ, the soul makes progress, from strength to strength and from victory to victory." Faith and Works,94.
Hi Stacey,

I have thought about this for some time and put together a short video that you can see right here on AO (http://www.adventistonline.com/video/a-bible-summary-the-big) or it can be seen and shared on YouTube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV07oHgL9zM).

I really think that the only way to understand this topic is to get the biggest picture you and I can find in the Bible and so I have entitled this video "Bible Summary".

Hope this helps,
Dan
Satan is responsible for the majority of natures disasters. This happens when man has filled up thier cup, and God has withdrew His protection as a whole in instances. I believe other times it is from a direct judgement from God. It may be hard for us to fathom this, since Jesus is pure love. However, look at the flood. That was from God. Read Genesis. It says it was from God. Read the first part of Patriarchs and Prophets. It says that Satan himself was afraid of his extinction.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service