Adventist Online

what do you people think? Does Physical Purity before Marriage still matters to us today as SDA? or is it a thing of a past and obsolete and should be forgoten.....

Views: 632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems like every time I turn around there is some hot looking chick tempting me one way or the other. Every time I see one I get extreme lustful thoughts in my mind !
Yeah 4Him you have a point. It seems the more money you have the more ladies come around to tempt you.Course others tempt for other reasons.
Physical purity matters to any young person. The greatest gift that can be given to a husband or wife is that well kept gift. It is not a thing of the past, and young ppl who have held it together should be proud, even tho it is not the trend in the world today. God's word still stands and the beauty of such a wonderful gift could never be replaced.
Abstinence vs. Condoms

The public press ridicules the idea that people should control themselves. It is said that the use of condoms is all that is needed to avoid pregnancy, disease, and AIDS.

But this is not true! The use of condoms can induce pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and even the most deadly forms of them.

The only safe route is to avoid all sexual relationships until marriage, and to only marry an equally abstinent person.

The following very excellent statement was made by a knowledgeable, overseas Adventist health worker.

We reprint it in the hope that it will be shared with young people and that lives may be saved as a result. Only obedience, by faith in Christ, to the Ten Commandments can bring happiness in this life.

This statement was made by Dr. Paul Wangai, Jr., Director, Health/Temperance Department, Eastern Africa Division. We would urge you to photocopy this page and share it with others.

Let the word go out: Obedience to the Moral Law of God is what the world needs. vf

Condoms are not 100 percent protective. Some latex material in condoms have pores or channels 5 microns in diameter. In contrast, HIV measures 0.1 of a micron! [This is 1/10th of 1 micron, or 1/50th of 5 microns.]

Furthermore, 17 percent of the partners, using condoms for protection among married couples in which one partner was HIV infected, still caught the virus within 18 months. That is one out of six!

A U.S. Food and Drug Administration study duplicated the stresses of sexual intercourse, to test whether the viruses would leak through the pores of a stretched latex condom. The study . . showed that between 14 and 29 of the 89 condoms tested leaked a significant amount of test particles.

It went on to say that researchers concluded that leakage of ejaculation [sperm, which can carry the HIV virus] was real and therefore the use of latex condoms can substantially reduce, but not eliminate, the risk of HIV transmission.

This study has been published in at least three places. If leakage in 29 out of 89 condoms occurred, that is only 33 percent of the time! And the leakage was ejaculation [sperm]. The HIV particles are 1/25th the width of sperm in an ejaculation.

[In other words if, one third of the time, sperm passes through the condom, then HIV virus can pass from the sperm and through the condom even more easily. The present writer found a report in the early 1990s, in which the University of Texas declared that an HIV study revealed that condoms consistently leaked HIV virus at least 30 percent of the time.]

Given these findings on HIV size and leakage, what rational, informed scientist would place his or her trust 100 percent in such flimsy armor and risk his or her very life?

Furthermore, is it likely that young people, in moments of unbridled passion, will stop to remember the 13-steps a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services publication recommends, including:

Store condoms properly, in a cool, closed container.

Pay attention to expiration date on condoms with spermicide.

Use a water-based lubricant. Petroleum products (e.g. jelly) must be avoided.

Be cautious about vending machines, since extreme temperatures reduce efficiency.

Do not keep condoms in wallet or pocket for more than a few hours at a time; increased temperature will occur.

Do not open package with teeth, sharp nails, or scissors.

Check to see if condom is gummy or sticks to itself.

Check tip for brittleness, tears, holes, etc. . .

It is clear that our AIDS prevention efforts should not offer false security, by telling people that risk of HIV transmission is removed by the use of condoms. Abstinence can provide protection which condoms cannot offer. Let us not fool the people into believing they are safe when they are not safe.

AIDS education programs . . have not shown any significant and consistent decrease in sexual activity, pregnancy rates, or sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS.

The so-called safe sex solution to AIDS prevention is a disaster in the making. Condoms are not the solution; values are! The only common sense solution is abstinence before marriage, then marriage with mutual fidelity for life to an uninfected spouse.

Programs that encourage teens to postpone sex until they are old enough have been very successful [statistics given]. There is a consensus: AIDS is one disease you don't want to get! Condoms are only 70-85 percent effective.

Students need to get a strong, clear message: Saving themselves until marriage is the only 100 percent, sure way to be protected from disease and pregnancy. Let us be honest with them about the high failure rates of contraception. Let us teach them skills to help them save sex until marriage.

[That concludes Dr. Paul Wangais message. Please accept it as a truth which, if followed, can save you from multiplied sorrow and, very possibly, an early death.]
Hello Dear and Lovely People, I have read through every page of this discussion and must say that most of you are right on target. Sister RoseT brings it home to roost with the question of how to make this discussion practical to the current generation of SDA young people (as well as those we meet in the world). There are excellent quotations from the Bible and SOP to support the safest and best way to approach the problem, but how does it WORK? There are some lovely exhortations to ASK and PRAY and that is certainly the KEY to spiritual strength - to let God do that which we can't do for our selves, as even Jesus did. Pura Hortono, Oct 23 begins to lay the BEST foundation for our approach to solving or helping to solve the problem. LOVE vs lust. The principle for which we were created (love) and the hormonal flow of communication within our physical being (passion). We Christians know that "God is Love," but we are a little dim on exactly what LOVE is. Here is one of the most basic definitions: "Perfect love is a perfect balance between justice and mercy." Where is the "balance point"? The Laws of God. If we ask ourselves, "Is this a JUST thing that I am doing to this person or Is this a MERCIFUL thing that I am doing to this person?" Then we are on the path to dealing effectively with what ever is going on. How to balance? "To the Law and to the Testimony...!" But, you say, "My sinful, fallen human nature is drawing me, pushing me, pulling me, DRIVING me!" Yep, and you will be "drowned" in you "humaness" unless you take advantage of what Christ has bought for you at INFINITE COST to the Trinity. What did He buy? He bought the RIGHT for God to send you Divine help through the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life. Do you want that? Are you willing to go where God wants you to go? Are you unable? Then ASK (John 14:14; 15:16,17; 16:23,24)! Just tell God what He already knows, "If You don't help me, I die! In JESUS' Name and for His Sake, HELP ME!" And guys, don't just pray for yourself, when you are tempted. When you see that lady and the thoughts come? START PRAYING FOR HER and then for yourself. Ah, that changes things! How are you going to get her and yourself in trouble and do things that she will be ashamed of and you don't want others to know about, when YOU ARE PETITIONING THE THRONE OF THE UNIVERSE for the help the ONLY God can give? Will He let you down? NOT! Ask God for TRUE LOVE for the person, not the passion that passes principle by and leaves it crushed and wounded and tarnished and broken. And remember that God's business is to REPAIR you so that you can do the job that HE has chosen for you. He can take ALL the damage and make you MORE useful than you were before. PRAISE THE LORD for His wonderful salvation!
2 SAM. 13:15;
WHY IT'S WRONG{PREMARITAL SEX}
LOVE Vs LUST
Story of Tamar: extremely beautiful lady who was forcefully lured into sex by her Brother Amnon. But do you remember where her beauty had gone to after the very act. we should understand that sex is for the legally married under divine love otherwise the beauty of Tamar would not have disappeared immediately after the intercourse.
The lucky brothers and sisters who are beautiful and handsome, these are God's gifts, there are those who wants to exploit them by being" joined" together without true love.
Changes are inevitable, your countenance may change in a twinkling because of a disaster or aging; will the so called"love" be there? people are attracted too, to materials things like magnificent houses,big cars,money but all these will not make love last.
Tamar lost her virginity; disgrace and shame were the indecency she reaped after going to that far because she sympathized with her brother too by entering that inner room
what is love anyway ? it's not good clothes,seductive languages, wonderful gifts ,lists continue... Paul says 1cor. 13. that love does not misbehave, does not call truth lie and many others listed .You remember
>added disadvantages:
Complicated medical conditions- to young girls when you start it early there is risk factor of cervical cancer according to latest Oncologist Research not to mention S.T.Is.
I tend to think men contributes most to the high rates of divorce and commercial sex than women, why because of what i hear the local here says one cannot" rely on a collards nutrients to supply daily diet". when did they realize this differences- only God knows.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service