Adventist Online

Ok, in one of my groups someone brought this up & I wanted to see what people here have to say.

His question was: What interesting stuff are you planning on doing, achieving, creating, etc. after the Second Coming? What do you want to do?

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's amazing to realize that no matter how hard and loud we sing and shout we will not only never get tired, but we will never get worn out. We can keep right on doing what we love, praising God!

One of the things I know we all will enjoy was mentioned above by Joseph, we will love to see what we have never seen before. Ellen White talks about God's infinity of creation. There will NEVER be a time when we have seen it all. I cannot even fathom that idea.
Hiking on those mountains nearby.
I think Ellen White said there were seven mountains just outside of the Holy City. The little children could climb the mountains or else fly up them. They could pluck flowers. I think it would be nice to hike those mountains with Jesus!
I want to run with lions and cheetahs. I will snuggle with tigers and bunnies.I will swim with otters, dolphins, whales and fishes. by VIC'S DAUGHTER

I have thought about stuff like how much of a tree house can a person build in 1,000 years and what happens when you add 20 million on to that. There are some pretty amazing "trained trees" in this world, but when time is not limited, what else is there that would stop your imagination?
Jesus wants us to plan and build. He gave us minds like His (sort of) and expects us to use them.
First of all, I must see my Jesus!
Next, I want to meet all of you!
Then, I can't wait for the testimonies of all, and those in the bible, such as Noah,David, the disciple John, Enoch, Moses, etc...
Then, the exploration of our universe and the other inhabited worlds.
CAN YOU IMAGINE SABBATH, when instead of bowing our heads for prayer, we look straight into God's eyes and praise Him?!!
Fellowship dinners together, learning how all of creation works, with the Master Teacher.
WOW, it blows my mind people. :)
I think I will ask Jesus to give me a tour in His garden , just me and Jesus only, its like a date..

I have always thought of the mountain of God, Zion, as being just one GREAT BIG mountain, but I recently ran across two verses that indicate that this mountain has many peaks:

Psalms 133:3
It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the LORD commanded the blessing—
Life forevermore.

Psalm 68:16
Why do you fume with envy, you mountains of many peaks?This is the mountain which God desires to dwell in; Yes, the LORD will dwell in it forever.

This has really changed my view of the City of God (Zion, New Jerusalem). It makes it even more beautiful. In fact I was thinking about how big this city will be again and using the smallest size some of our Bibles tell us (about 40,000 square miles which is about the size of the whole state of Virginia in the USA, which is where the above picture was taken) I can see lots of hills and mountains, miles of city streets, streams and rivers with lots and lots of gardens, parks, lakes and ponds. I see at every turn manicured "lawns", "sidewalks" and "drives". I can even see suburbs with huge landscaped lawns and well-taken-care-of gardens and in another part of the city "highrise buildings".

Revelation 21 has a surprise too.

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I'm sure that there will be large saltwater "lakes", if you will, but evidently not the endless stretches of water "wasteland" we have now. Does this mean that the earth will have that much more living space?
this would be a very happy day!! when I will meet Jesus I will ask HIM so much questions.. Our GOd is mysterious and defintely by that time I could ask HIM things that kept me wondering..hehehe for example, the galaxy and stuff.. the stars.. the Holy trinity.. and many to mention..hehehe :)
Relax...
Yeah for sure! We definitely need some relaxation from the stresses & activities of this world.
I am beginning to think that we will be so excited when we get there we will have no desire to relax. I think we will be wanting to see EVERYTHING, right now.

I love the fact that we are told that we will never get tired, but I really can see myself sitting by some stream or lake and just thinking (not really relaxing because I am tired, just thinking) about all that I have seen already that Jesus has made for us to enjoy and about all that HE did just so that I can be there.

What an amazing God we serve!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by