Adventist Online

Ok, in one of my groups someone brought this up & I wanted to see what people here have to say.

His question was: What interesting stuff are you planning on doing, achieving, creating, etc. after the Second Coming? What do you want to do?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow-what an amazing thought. :) I don't know-my friend was talking to me about that recently. Seeing Jesus, seeing HIs smile, imagining His touch tenderly, seeing HIs love. This One, that has been with me all alone, that has been with me through so much, my Friend,our Father-to see His face, to know HIs love...that would be grand,wouldn't it? :)
And to walk through green meadows, visit other houses and knowing you're loved,always..maybe that's one of the things that I would love to see. :)
One of the things I look forward to is eating the fruit of the land. Have you ever had a really, really good cherry, peach, nectarine, watermelon, mango, pear, etc.? If what we have to eat right now tastes so good, I cannot even begin to imagine how good the fruit of heaven will be.
I certainly want to be able to talk with my Friend, Jesus, often, more often than He will be able to personally visit with me. And so I am sure we will need to pray.

In fact, the Bible tells us that He will answer before we call, so the inference is that we WILL pray. Had not thought of that before. Thanks.
The best that I have ever read about Heaven (and remember that the new earth will be our home where the throne of God will be) and what we will be able to do and see throughout eternity is found in the last pages of the last chapter of The Great Controversy. Wow! If you haven't read it yet, I strongly encourage you to do so.

Did you know that Mrs. White spoke of the "continent" of Heaven and did you also know how she said that the garden of Eden was a "miniature of Heaven"?

I can't wait to see the first Adam meeting with the second Adam! I can't wait to meet all the righteous of all ages! I can't wait to see my guardian angels! I can't wait to see what it will be like to sit with Jesus at the right hand of the Majesty on High! I can't wait to visit all the other worlds throughout immensity! I can't wait to eat the fruits of the tree of life! I can't wait to stand on the sea of glass extolling the merits of the Saviour! I can't wait to meet Jesus in the air!

None of us will be there unless we find the approval of God. And thank God that He has revealed to us the way: "Through the merits of Christ we may find the approval of God." E.G. White, Our Father Cares, p.122.

Thus, "The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Jesus as a personal Saviour: which appropriates His merits to ourselves." The Desire of Ages, p.347.

sky
I agree Sky, EGW has some great word pictures in the GC. In fact, I love to take what she has written and try to read into what each remark means. In other words, I like to try to read between the lines if I can.

I know that I will be wrong, but that is one of the great things about it. No matter what I can dream up Heaven will be much better and each of us can do some serious dreaming I am sure.

Dream BIG!
Ellen White wrote about her experience of having wings. If you want to know about the experience. You can read about it in The Adventist Home Chapter 86 - "Life in the Eden Home"
I was just thinking about language yesterday and realized that each planet out there may actually have a different language, a totally different culture, a different color "human" being, different food, different everything. I love to see how people in different cultures here do things and knowing that EVERY person in heaven is righteous, yet totally different than you and I is really exciting. (I do see each of us being able to speak each language and maybe each of us having one language that everyone speaks and understands throughout the universe.)

EGW talks about God's creation being unlimited. Can you imagine how many different kinds of flowers He has made on each planet?
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where do I begin. I want to go on a hike with Jesus. I want to sing in a choir led by him. I want to play with a lion and a tiger and a jaguar. I want to touch a cloud.

I want to hug the father so much that sometimes it hurts! So I will definitely hug Him! Sometimes when I'm praying I imagine putting my arms around him and giving him a tight squeeze. I want to look at him and tell him how much I love him.....AND THAT'S JUST DAY 1

THANK YOU JESUS! Isn't it great to talk with fellow Christians about these things. I feel so happy!
Seriously, has anyone ever wondered about why there are 12 different stones in the foundation of the New Jerusalem? I have come up with several thoughts, even though I know I am totally wrong in all of them. I just believe that we should see this as our home and not just spiritualize away the very truths that make it our home, like EGW says.

I love the idea of giving God hugs and inviting Jesus over to our house to eat someday. That may be most important, but I personally would like to give some more thought to what kinds of things we might see and whatelse we might do.

Not sure if I posted this before or not, but EGW tells us that the Tree of Life has a transparent trunk (Early Writings). Would light from the Throne of God follow the River of Life enough to allow some light to enter into the tree through the roots and maybe make the tree itself glow like it would if it were made from fiber optic materal?

Will God's light follow the streets of transparent gold? Will this same light light up the walls and foundations of the City? What might that look like?
It is interesting to note that the question was what do WE want to do when we get to heaven....
Maybe we ought to think about what God wants us to do there... 'nuff sed
Seems to me that everything God does is for our good, right? He seems only to want our happiness. I agree that if God wants us to do something there, it will be because He wants to show us something new maybe. Something new to us that will make us even happier.

I also have come to believe that as we dig and see new things about how AWESOME our God is He becomes happier, He is blessed. What I am saying here is that I think as long as we are learning about Him, He will not "want" us to do anything else.

At first, that sounds like God is only about Himself, just wanting all the attention for Himself, but when God wants us to learn about Him it is because He wants us to be happy, and when we are happy, He is happy.

Blessings,
Dan
First, I plan on having a very large garden filled with plants from every planet. My house will be carved from the inside of a living tree; I may have to enlist the help of termites to do that, I suppose. My kitchen will be big enough to cook for at least a few thousand people so I can have people over for Sabbath lunch. I don't suppose we'll eat cheese, but I'm hoping there will be a cheese-like fruit in heaven so I can make pizza. It seems that all the food we eat there would be alive even after cooking, right?
Also, I'd like to have a Japanese-style garden somewhere where it's always raining. I love rain.
If gold is transparent there, then maybe all metals are. So I could watch my bread toasting in my stainless steel toaster; how handy!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service