Adventist Online

How many years do you think there will be till Jesus comes again? Less than 1, 1-2 years, 2-5 years or 10 plus. I think it will be in less than 2 years.

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Captain Crunch,

I am surprised that you have actually picked a year, but .... (BTW, did you mean 12,12, 2012?)

I do agree, though, that there are "still a lot of things, chronologically speaking, that have to be fulfilled before" Jesus returns, based on EGW. (I'd love to see them all listed if anyone has the time as I think they would fit in well on my site www.bibletimeines.org, specifically on the timeline dealing with the end-time issues.)

We as Christians need to know what is coming, otherwise why would Jesus and others tell us any of this stuff at all? I think part of our job is to share what we know about this subject so that we can help others see that they need to get ready too.

You wrote, "I don't believe that God is going to continue to wait for His people to get the job done." God's people will get the job done, but not until a "fire" has been lit under us. Not sure why we are so slow about doing what we know we should be doing either. (That's what you were saying, isn' it?)
Hi Danny,

Thanks for clarifying my wording about God's people not getting the job done. Yes, that's what I meant.

As for the 2012 date, there has been some confusion about whether it's the 12th or the 21st. I go with the 21st because it's the end of the long count for the Mayan calendar and the end of the Aztec calendar's planetary cycle. Also, that's the day our sun aligns with the center of the Milky Way galaxy for the first time in 26,000 years. I'm not into astrology, but those are some interesting coincidences.

In addition, the Maya believed that Quetzalcoatl, their winged serpent god, would come down from the sky at that time and bring in a new age. Sounds like the devil to me. If that's the case, then you can see where I would arrive at 2013 being a reasonable time for the second coming.

Thanks for the link to your site. I'll be checking it out.
Hi Vic,

May I share a personal opinion with you? Christ repeatedly told the Apostles and others that no one other than God the Father knows the time of His second coming. For us to worry about it at all is simply an excersize in mental gymnastics.

However, that being said, if you read the 24th chapter of Matthew you will find that Jesus repeated Himself over and over to the disciples that they didn't know when that great day and the end of the world would be. I'm quite certain that Jesus didn't keep repeating Himself because He didn't have anything better to say or do. The reason for the repeated statemens and warnings, along with signs to look for, was because Jesus was driving the point home to the disciples and to us.

Today if you read the front page of almost any newspaper anywhere in the world you might think you were re-reading Matt. 24. Christ warnings are coming true this vary minute. The most important point for us to constantly be aware of is that we must BE READY not just getting ready when He returns. With the help of the Holy Spirit may we all be ready when that day dawns.

Respectfully, your brother in Christ,
Doc
What I know is very soon
Sooner than this very second.

Cheers

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members: