Adventist Online

.. is same faith REALLY matters?why just simply fall in-love to anybody without minding his/her religion?

your point of view is deeply appreciated, thanx.

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say its "a must" if we dearly treasure our faith ( SDA faith) and I will say it straightly, our salvation. though, having relationship with a non SDA as long as He/she is a christian is much better than a having a relationship with a non christian..but, know allways the risk of doing such...it involves your salvation.
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Be agreed on what? Only physical issues and not spiritual inclusive? Can you say that you can walk with someone who does not believe God created the world in six days; who says polygamy is okay; who believes in post-advent tribulation; different baptism aside that by immersion?

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, what communion has ......." Who then are the unbelievers? Unbelievers in what? Beware! For these are some of the subtle ways the devil is using to corrupt our purity. This does not exclude mere sabbath worshippers.

It is only a true converted christian whom we should seek to be bonded to, but first ask yourself if you are one before seeking one who is converted. If your answer in not in the affirmative, work out your own salvation with fear and ttrembling first and God would provide you a converted sincere christian to marry.

Just marrying outside the faith might not seem evil initially, but a journey of thousand miles begins with the very first step.

It took righteous Lot a simple step of choosing to pitch his tent towards Sodom for his daughters to be corrupted - the result was the emergence of the Ammonites and Moabites, great enemies of the Israelites. (Gen. 19:29-38)

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Trust will be of help.

Godfred Kwesi Ataburo
Beautifull!!!..just Beautifull..
Thanks Bro. for sharing that!!
Same religion standing will keep two people stay together even when personal preferences and tendencies are different (worst case scenario) Because, in the end, both people will go down to their knees to seek ONE SAVIOR for guidance. If a problem occurs, Isn't it the best to ask the SAME SOURCE for solution? I think the answers that is given to both person will lead only to one point, TO LOVE EACH OTHER THEY WAY THEY OUGHT TO BE, in a way they let the religion shape them.

Cheers
no doubt with that
Is your relationship with Christ and with your church very important to you? Do you realize that if you marry a man who is not a Christian or does not share your faith, it will affect your relationship with him? What happens if you want to go to church and take your children there, and he wants them to become Catholic or atheist? Remember that before marriage, the man may say those things don't matter to him, but after marriage, many men change in some surprising ways.

Study the Bible, Adventist Home and Messages to Young People and think and pray very carefully about this issue. It will affect the rest of your life.
Well said.  I totally agree.
YES, IT MATTERS!
I have been married for 26 YEARS to someone who is a non-christian. I cannot even BEGIN to describe to you the loneliness of not being able to share the love of Christ with my husband.
I have resigned myself to going to church alone, without his support, and sometimes his ridicule.
He also constantly entices me to not keep Sabbath, and so far 2 of our 3 children have followed in his ways. He has smoked for 30 years, has emphysema, and the two oldest children have also taken up smoking, which sadden me deeply. His family encourages the children to follow the world, and my home is divided; not a haven of rest, but a testing ground.
Is that how you picture your life with a non-christian? Because that is how it is. I thought he would change for the better when he experienced christian people, but he chose not to.
Dear sister, please know if you decide faith doesn't matter, you WILL pay the price.
REALITY BITE knocks me off,thanx ever so much for sharing your experience...
thank you for sahring your story. Sister if this doesn't open your eyes i don't what is. We human tend to believe more in physical experiences than spiritual experiences.
God Bless you Kim and we shall pray together for you family nothing beats prayer. God says '... where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name there i shall be also...'
I don't think that marrying an SDA is a must, but we must be equally yoked (2 Cor. 6:14-15). I think we can also marry other Seventh-day folks like Seventh-day Baptist and Messianic Jews.
I agree.  Those groups would still have different views on the second coming, and things related to it, just to mention my first thoughts.  So much more could be involved and they wouldn't most likely appreciate the writings of Ellen White. . . the list could go on and on. . . .

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service