Adventist Online

In my country we recently had elections and some poeple were of the opinion that we should others think that we should not. What are your opinions based on the bible and E.G. White writtings?

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, voting is a way of expressing your values, so yes it is important.
Be informed, read as much as you can, and pray always over this decision. God bless.
i cant remember where but she did encourage us to go out and do our civic duty. i also see nothing wrong with gettin involved in mainstream politics. after all we ought to be the head and not the tail soo......... we jus hav to not compromise and that's where the conflict comes in. few can accept honest politicians.
yes!
yes it is our duty to vote, as christ said give ye therefore the GODS to god and the king the kings
Yes we have a civic responsibility and duty to vote. What we shouldn't do is discuss politics in a way that tends to divide the brethren. Too often we discuss personalities rather than issues.
You might like to see what advice the Catholic Church is giving its members regarding voting. Very impressive! http://www.catholicvote.com/
I read from E.G White writing, but I forget which one, which basically give a guidance for us in giving our vote. If we are not sure that the one we vote is good then it is wrong. I personally never voted again on my country election because I do not believe anyone is good to win the election, only God's anointed people that I will believe. It also says that 'voting' is coming from the devil. You see that people can bribe voters to vote for them. As a christian, we cannot decide anything based on voting but rather based on Bible's principles. In fact, I believe in our organization we have been using Bible's principles to choose the officers, but I think it lacks one more final step which is throwing a lot. (Acts 1:24 1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen). it is important to realize that God sees someone's heart not intelligence or appearances which most often deceive us as human beings.
If we were a theocracy , I don't see why not, but than again everything under theocracy would be God driven ...Some questions would be.. Will your vote make a difference? Notice that your vote or the vote of Adventist's did not make a difference when the National Sunday Law was passed in 1888..even in Ecumenical perspective we as SDA have been played on by the tool of the Catholic church. I agree that we should keep up with current events, but to spend our time or should I say the time of Our Lord in to vote or not to vote. We should spend more time in getting right with the Lord..I vote yes on putting our all for the Kingdom of the Lord. Vote yes on Jesus, Yes on salvation, yes Christ Righteousness, and Yes on the Counsel of True Witness. Yes on the Getting ready for His coming.
Dear Ones,
Brothers Raul and especially Matthew are right on target. We are not a Theocracy, so there is no human that we can trust to be in a political position. Sr. White tells us that we are partly responsible for the acts of those we vote into office, so don't vote or campaign for ANY human to be in a position of political power. The Catholics BELIEVE in a union of church and state, so they are heavily involved in putting their people into political position and VERY SOON the USA is going to be in such trouble that they will pass a National Sunday Closing Law as a "conservation" measure and then we KNOW that the End-time Events of Revelation and the Great Controversy will be upon us. ALL you who are reading this are potentially part of the Last Generation who will meet Christ in the clouds of heaven.

Here's the situation: Vote on ISSUES, because that is our civic duty, to make our voices known in issues involving the health and welfare of the nation and its people, but NEVER campaign or vote for any man or woman into a position of political responsibility, because you will partake of their errors and sins in office.

May God guide you into a HEALTHY relationship to the political pressures of today - Leave the people ALONE and speak out on moral or health issues!

In His Love and Service,
Michael
Amen to that! For me I go to voting centers and pretend to vote but I only write n/a instead of names. Because I believe if I dont do that, someone else will use my name and vote for me.
I will vote McCain .... You can do as you want. This is a disclaimer. I am not encouraging anyone to vote any way. I am just expressing my thoughts ... which is what one does on a forum. And it is my feelilng that we should do our civic duty and vote for someone and something.
We cannot labor to please men who will use their influence to repress religious liberty and to set in operation oppressive measures to lead or compel their fellow men to keep Sunday as the Sabbath.

The first day of the week is not a day to be reverenced. It is a spurious sabbath, and the members of the Lord's family cannot participate with the men who exalt this day and violate the law of God by trampling upon His Sabbath.

The people of God are not to vote to place such men in office, for when they do this they are partakers with them of the sins which they commit while in office.
--FE 475 (1899). {LDE 127.5}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by