Adventist Online

What is the difference from an almost Christian and a PURE CHRISTIAN???

Hey guys, i just want to ask of you what is your standpoint on this... i know some of the answers. But i want you to share some of your points... Thank a lot... May God guide you as you answer this.... Have a nice day!

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice question Mr. Anders... I love it.. that's why i am asking what would be the difference between an almost Christian and not.. as you see in 2 Tim. 3:1-5.. and matt. 7:21-23...
Hi Diana,

The answer to your question can be understood by reading Mark 10:17-30. The rich young ruler was almost a Christian.

Respectfully, your brother in Christ,
Doc
Hi Diana
I have never see or heard of "almost christian." Ofcourse I have heard of Lukewarm christian, professed christian..............but never of your kind, and I also wanted to know what do you mean by "almost christian", please define it to make the discussion better.
Thanks
Disu
“There are some who seem to be always seeking for the heavenly pearl. But they do not make an entire surrender of their wrong habits. They do not die to self that Christ may live in them. Therefore they do not find the precious pearl. They have not overcome unholy ambition and their love for worldly attractions. They do not take up the cross and follow Christ in the path of self-denial and sacrifice. Almost Christians, yet not fully Christians, they seem near the kingdom of heaven, but they cannot enter there. Almost but not wholly saved, means to be not almost but wholly lost. {COL 118.1}”

Hope u will enjoy this.

Godfred Kwesi Ataburo
Wow!! this is really interesting Godfred!! I am looking forward of another replies from you... May god bless you... Hope you can help me with other stuffs.. thanks a lot for this help... i love your answer because this is coming from EGW!! thanks!!
excellent, Godfred.
The phrase "almost a Christian" came from one of John Wesley's sermon, when he was preaching about a person can be under the conviction of the Holy Spirit and coming within a inch of total surrender, and yet for one reason or another, refused to make that step to give his or her life to Christ. The story that Wesley referred to was when Paul was preaching Christ to King Agrippa. The king was convinced of the truths that Paul preached and said that Paul almost convinced him to become a Christian (Acts 26:28). It was Agrippa's final chance to step into eternal life and he missed it.
Another story comes to mind when Jesus told a man, "You are not far from the kingdom of heaven." (Mark 12:34). It seems as if a person can almost become a true committed Christian and still not have the genuine thing when it comes to yielding to the convictions of the Holy Spirit.
In response to Anders, yes a person may ALMOST become a son or a daughter in terms of adoption, as we are adopted into the family of God (Gal. 4:5). I myself was adopted by my stepfather to become a true son in the legal sense of the word. We have a choice to become sons and daughters, and we can ALMOST make that choice.
I think the scripture that fit here is:
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:22,23

Notice that He does not deny their service nor their works. It seems to me one can try to do right... but be wrong.

I may have a different outlook, being new to SDA. There are many 'holy rollers' in the world today. They preach and follow false doctrine and claim to be Christian. Some may be sincere while others are just plain deceiptful at best. Some fill big arenas every week preaching a watered down gospel. Some preach "name it, claim it theology" which leads people to break the tenth commandment. Many of them are teaching people that can live anyway they please if they "only believe"

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James 2:19

Some of these misguided 'servants and followers' may think they are on the correct path, but:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Mat 7:14

With that being said, I still have found many lost sheep in my search for a new church; people with the knowledge, not following the truth. I have also run across creeping compromise in teachings. That is what happened to the early church. This is scary.

This is no time to be Lukewarm !!!
right to the point, Chris. Thanks.
My understanding of what God requires of us leads me to say that there are no almost christians. It's either one is totally or one isn't,TOTALLY. God does not require part of us, He wants ALL. There are two Supernatural Forces in this world. The Force of Good directed by The Holy Godhead, and the force of evil drected and controlled by Satan. The Bible say,"no man can serve two masters..." The word CHRISTian come from the word Christ, which means that in ALL that we do we must strive to be like Jesus. He is our example, and we should study His lifestyle and through the Power of The Holy Spirit, focus all our energies on being like Him.

Being born in sin, what I just mentioned takes time, it's a process, but we must reject sin in our lives, flee from the presence of evil and surrender daily, or hourly, or as in my case sometimes minute by minute. We must maintain the PRESENCE OF MIND, to be aware of who is controlling us,so that we can always have Jesus on the throne of our hearts.

I believe that if we follow this process, we will become perfected slowly but surely. There are no pure christians, because as long as we possess this sinful body, purity can never be totally fulfilled. However if our focus is doing Christ's will, when He returns He will provide us with a new body, mind and spirit and then we will be pure. As we strive to be like Christ, because of our sinful nature we will stumble, but that's when Christ intercedes on our behalf, because He know our heart, He understands our desire to do His will, We then pick ourselves up IMMEDIATELY seek forgiveness and continue our spiritual journey, forgetting those things which are in the past, and looking forward to a glorious future with our Savior. May God bless you all!

Silburn
Dear Trench99,

The journey of Salvation from baptism or Conversion to redemption IS A PROCESS. Enoch walked with God a his walk became closer and closer to God standard. As a result God took him. He could no longer leave him on this sinful earth. If it is not a process, then you will be exactly where you were at conversion when Jesus comes. Paul confronted the christians of His time with the fact that they refused to grow, they were like babes he said, who could not be fed meat, but were stuck on milk. Does that not indicate a natural progression or process. Read what I wrote again in it's totality, do not become fixated on words within the text, read the whole thing and understand what I am trying to communicate. God bless you my brother, and I enjoy a lively discussion. Keep up the good work.
awesome insight, Silburn.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by