Adventist Online

I can worship the lord on sabbaths being at home. I can sing, play music and i can read bible and i can pray alone at home. is it wrong that i stay back home or is it must that i have to go to church and worship? How about a person who does not go to church but spends alot of time with non believing bretheren in his community? Is he lost?

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus did enter the synagogues, until He was disfellowshipped.

Luke 4:28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
4:29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

And His disciples where also disfellowshipped:

John 12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

But they still met together on the shore, or in the meadow, or in houses, or something.

So, still it remains, go to church when it is possible. But if it's not possible, then you can't do anything about it, so you just have to do your best with what you have. That's why it's not written in stone.
Thanks Rushire for encouraging us to go to church through scriptures. God bless u.
When God was here on earth, He can heal, he can teach during the Sabbath but what He did was went to synaguoge to read and study the scriptures to give us an idea and example how we should keep the Sabbath. One of the most important element of the Sabbath worship is fellowship. Nothing is wrong with staying at home and keeping our thoughts on spiritual things, but more blessing is available if we celebrate Sabbath in fellowship with sinners and struggling sons and daughters of God besides it's the example Jesus taught us in keeping the Sabbath. God bless.
Thanks Wild for ur brief answer. God bless u
Gabriel, do you realize that Jesus went to the synagogue on Sabbath days and it was His custom?
Oh dear, He was very popular in the synagogue from childhood, they kicked Him out because of His divine and inspired message.

Luke 4:16 NIV
He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read.
Thanks Josephh for the understanding. god bless
It would not surprise me if Jesus spent more time during His ministry outside the church than in since they kicked Him out and everytime He healed someone it caused a problem. Church folks caused more problems for Jesus than the ones outside, and in some cases church life is still the same today. However as humans we are social creatures, no man is an island, its good to fellowship with the brethern but if its making your relationship with God toxic then best to do something else or go somewhere else.
Hey Denny,Thanks for ur timely answer. God bless
A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Saturday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this... They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" When you are DOWN to nothing... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!
wow, this was the perfect answer i have ever heard, with example. thanks a lot for ur contribution which actually made this question more simpler and easy to understand. Thanks for veing my friend aswell.
Trust me..... the pleasure is all mine and to God be the glory!! i am relatively new to the online family and only now discovered your discussion. could not resist the temptation to contribute. And yes.... honestly speaking.... I too question the added value of attending church service from time to time, but i encourage myself with these same words. Glad it could mean something to someone else to.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service