Adventist Online

Is being a member of the Seventh day Adventist a guarantee to have a place in heaven?

The reason I am asking this is because I need to know if that is what will take me to heaven or is there something else that I need to do besides or alongside being a member of the SDA denomination.

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NO NO NO not at all, your relationship with God matters most,
You have to ask God for an answer to how you can be saved, study his word, pray as you seek.

I don't think belonging to a denomination will save you. Belonging to God's chosen people wasn't enough to save the pharisees.

But here's the thing. Only an answer from His is sure and one you can put your faith in.
Yes brother! We are told to read His Word. For it is "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."Rev.1:3. We are not just to read or listen but to live out those things that are written therein. The SOP were written for the SDA'S in these last days to guide us on how to understand the prophecies especially the Daniel and Revelation. Yet, since the conception of the SOP to this very time, most of us still doubt the authenticity of the SOP. The authors of the bible were human beings, who erred also, sometime in their lifetime, but our God used them to convey to us His Words. Likewise, SOP was written by Sis White whom God chooses as a medium to write His instructions for us who are living in these last days, to ready a people for His coming. And we are also told that before His coming, great time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation will still come to pass, yet we are still making ourselves busy with our worldly ambition. We tend to forget that the reason why Jesus seems to tarry coz we are not getting ready ourselves. We are lost in our focus. I myself is guilty of the same laxness.
Sell all you have and give it to the poor.
I agree with Jerry.
A relationship with God and time spent in His word is what brings you to heaven's door.
Jesus' grace is what brings you all the way in.
Going to a church , like Jesus did, is for worship of God and edifying of the saints.
It is a weekly reminder, Love the Lord your God, and love your neighbor.
There are people in your church who need your arms and feet, with a big heart attached.
I am not aware of being told that we need to go to a church building. Can anyone help me?
Jesus himself went into the synagogue on Sabbaths.
He is our example.
I doubt he approved of what went on there. That is like going into the world to see the sinners. Those in the synagogues were the worst of sinners.
"Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood, with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge." ST, June 9, 1881 par. 21
Of course not...worshipping God in spirit and truth is not adventist, we have the truth that does not mean we have the spirit..that is individually right. In any case, being an SDA is not a security pass to the gates of heaven..Obeying God's command, living in the admonition of God, and responding to Him as He directs are ways...However. simply, if we accept the gift of salvation, all other requirements will fall into place....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service