Adventist Online

Should I throw my tithes in the church or use it to for charitable causes if think it is not being use appropriately

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Fiona, wonderful topic. Actually we can't withhold what belongs to the Lord, because it's not ours.
We just have to return what belongs to Him in full and leave the rest to God. Technically when we return the tithe or when we subtract it from our earnings we are not even supposed to think what it's gonna do, or how it's being used because it's not ours it belongs to the Lord God Almighty.

Malachi 3:8-12 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, "How do we rob you? In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse the whole nation of you because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit, says the Lord Almighty. Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land, says the Lord Almighty."

The Tithes and Offerings should be taken to the Lord. They help in forwarding the gospel and that's the Lord's work.
Charity you can use your funds from your reserve bank (savings) and the Lord is also pleased with that because Charity is the true religion. What belongs to the Lord, we can't plan for it, even if you see that it's being misused that's the problem with those in charge and they'll have a case to answer before the Lord.
We obey the Lord and not look at man.

Leviticus 27:30 "A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord."
I like how u responded and not personally.
I totally agree with Sammy, you're not giving tithes to the church, but your returning that which is the Lord's. So keep on giving my sister!
I agree with the foregoing responses and at the same time sympathise with the fact that you need to ask this question. However, there is a flaw in your question...

The tithe is not for charitable work, it is specifically for the support of ministers and the propogation of the Gospel. So, the option that you would have would be to directly support someone (or ones) who is/are working as a pastor/missionary/evangelist.

Interesting thought... 10 people's tithe should be enough to support a pastor... another 10 would cover the costs of a place of worship... another 10 would support a fulltime evangelist... hmm... doesn't that mean that a church of 30-40 tithe-paying members could be financially independent? Possibly there would be enough to provide a pension for the workers when they retire?

So, if you round it all up it would mean that once your church has 50 tithe-paying members it's time to branch out and set up another church with another pastor and another evangelist.

Sounds remarkably like the model that we are supposed to be following, small groups spreading the truth and expanding until every nation, kindred and tongue has heard the Gospel.

(On reflection, pastors are supposed to be spreading the Gospel fulltime and not, as EGW says, "hovering over the churches". So you could either reduce the number of tithe-paying members needed or have two people ministering fulltime.)
can two people minister to the world.how did you come to the knowledge of the gospel of jesus.Did you spend anymoney to sign up.Someone returned their tithe and it benefitted you in some way.Go return your tithe and start being faithful to God forget about how they spend the money and see what God do for you.
I think u r getting to personal why not discuss objectively. Indeed I return my tithe by the way i am a SDA teacher and our tithes ar usually taken out before we see our salary
Hi Fiona
None of my comments are meant to be personal.Sorry for the pain.
oh o.k but I think You should not use personal pronouns. O.K thanks for clearing it up!
I've often thought that it is rather sad that denominational employees have their tithe deducted automatically. It takes the aspect of free will out of the equation, after all, God said, "test Me". When it is automatically deducted then there is no test involved.
Yea they should give you the free will and you should feel the joy of paying it.
Has anyone ever questioned your job to see why they are not allowing you guys to return your own tithe faithfully? That seems like some of the Sunday churches I use to play for. The pastor would tell them how much they need to return. He would also ask for their pay stubs so that he could make sure they are returning correctly. Is that where they are headed?
In some conference/mission, (example in my conference), we don't taken out direct tithe from all workers salary (pastors, teachers and ev. literature), but the staff of conference will check their tithe monthly from 'tithe and offering report' from churches

it's supposed to given a lesson for all church member, even thought their are workers, they still given tithe as God's own

maybe you can give to your elder/principle to do this.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service