Adventist Online

I believe kissing by unmarried Christians is wrong as it is likely to lead to lusting and other wrong acts and we should shun the very appearance of evil.

Views: 2061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You quoted 1 Cor. 7:1...and that is quite ok....but have you ever hugged a church sister or woman before?

Come on man! Context is important friend.
Yes i have, i have hugged church brothers as well. nothing is wrong with that.
you see touch in this scripture refers to initimate touch which leads to fornication.
Now you are talking...my language...cool.
my dear lady if u r viewing kissing as leading to other things...well let me tell u that hugging a brother in church can lead to other things as well....so explain to me the difference between the two.
well if its sin to u..shun it....if u think its not sin in your regard......then thats ok..
well i agree with jemesha...the touch he is referring to is intimate touch...into which french kissing is clearly a part of...hugging is ok....its normal.....its a way of greeting people....wen u see a friend after sooo long a time..maybe years..u don just see n smile n say "hi how ya doin'?" u instead hug the person....well if by hugging it cud lead a person to impure thoughts..he should shun it....
Although I agree with you that kissing is a form of intimate touching, I don't see how this verse applies to that. It depends on how we define kissing. In my opinion kissing is a form of communication. Its a natural desire that we want to be close to a person we love and care about. or that we want to kiss or touch that person. How can that be wrong?
But sister, isn't your argument the very same argument that persons use to engage in premarital sex?
Consider this,
I am a liberal Christian who believes everyone should be persuaded in his own mind about a matter. I also believe in liberality of conscience under the Guidance of the Holy Spirit as opposed to dogmatism, legalism and so on. However, I am a counselor and I know there are lots of Christian women who committed fornication because they felt noting was wrong with kissing. Many of these persons ended up pregnant as a result and aborted their child, and are now living with great guilt. Many relationships have also ended because of premarital sex and many persons are now hurting as a result. So I know about the dreadful consequences of kissing. You see the ladies I mentioned had no problem with kissing before marriage and so when they set their boundaries they set it to stop at kissing and as a result ended up in the problems I mentioned.

The Bible says since I believe you are honestly examining the matter. 1 Cor. 10:31 says everything we do should be done to the glory of God.

Questions - Can the unmarried kiss (French kiss) each other to glorify God?
Kissing is never wrong and also wrong depending on the person perception and preconceived idea. The Bible did not said about the issue of kissing is right or wrong. the first questions are one, feeling is strong. remember feeling can only cause us to sin only if we do not control feelings. feeling towards each others when it uncontrollable, will lead fornifications.
I agre with you shiningeyes.
So Jemesha, you believe Paul here is saying that kissing someone you love is fornication? I do not believe that for one minute. Paul is not talking about that at all but about intercourse before marriage.
SHOULD MARRIED COUPLES ENGAGE IN SEX ON SABBATH? DOES THE BIBLE CONDEM THIS? NO IT IS COMPLETELY UP TO THE PERSONS INVOLVED. IT IS BETTER TO HAV YADDA ON SABBATH AND GO TO CHURCH REFRESHED THAN TO TRY TO ABSTAIN AND INSTEAD OF ENJOYING THE SABBATH AND THE SERMON YOU KEEP WISHING FOR THE SABBATH TO END TO GO GET IT.

KISSING IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES DEPENDS ON THE PERSONS INVOLVED AND DOES NOT HAVE TO LEAD TO WRONGDOING. AS A SOON TO BE MARRIED MAN I AM IN 'THE BELLY OF THE BEAST' SO TO SPEAK.

SHUNNING THE VERY APPEARANCE OF EVIL DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CANNOT KISS. BUT WE DO HAVE TO GUARD THE AVENUES OF OUR SOULS. CULTURE ALSO PLAYS A PART IN HOW ONE TREATS WITH THE ISSUE AS SOMEONE SAID.

AT THE END OF THE DAY I SAY LET THE HOLY SPIRIT BE YOUR GUIDE AS WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service