Adventist Online

I believe kissing by unmarried Christians is wrong as it is likely to lead to lusting and other wrong acts and we should shun the very appearance of evil.

Views: 2005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that that depends on how close you are to being married, the type of kiss, and how much passion/heat/sexual magnetism there is between the two persons.

Open mouth kisses should be forbidden, in my opinion, unless the couple is engaged and soon to be married.

If you are engaged (short engagements are best!) I think that it is ok. BUT, if you realize that when you kiss, you start getting all out out breath, you start touching breasts and private parts ....TIME TO STOP AND MAKE NEW RULES. This is a sign that you are about to ruin what could have become a wonderful, lasting relationship, with pre-marital sex - the destroyer of trust, in a pre-marital, and marriage relationship. However, if when you kiss, your pulse hardly increases, you may not be in as much danger of having premarital sex. (Is this a sign that sexually, you are not attracted to each other? That's another topic for discussion, I guess.)
Thanks for your honest response.
I have a friend here in the States. His first kiss with his girlfriend was when they got engaged to be married.

This is a tough question.

One person said that they were a liberal Christian yet I think that they are the ones that put this question forward. It does not seem very liberal to me, but very conservative (which I don't have a problem with). I'm tempted to post this very question on a forum here in the USA and see what responses I get.

I'd be willing to bet they would be much different then the responses I am seeing here! :-)
yup ricardo u r very rite....i have some excerpts from the book called ADVENTIST HOME by E.G,White...hope it wud help others who want a proof....here u go.
http://www.nisbett.com/reference/ah/ah08.htm u can check that site...for additional information..it clearly says a no no to kissing..not directly though....but its understandable//
Interesting observation Gregory. Unfortunately, even asking the bridegroom to kiss the bride IN CHURCH is not biblical. I cannot be preachy about this but I KNOW that for me kissing before marriage led to sin. I do not know about you but if you asked me, I would encourage you to avoid it, especially now we are so clear the original poster was talking about French kissing. I have learnt a lot from this discussion, even if it is with hindsight that I now look back and see what led me into sin.
Interesting observation Gregory. Unfortunately, even asking the bridegroom to kiss the bride IN CHURCH is not biblical. I cannot be preachy about this but I KNOW that for me kissing before marriage led to sin. I do not know about you but if you asked me, I would encourage you to avoid it, especially now we are so clear the original poster was talking about French kissing. I have learnt a lot from this discussion, even if it is with hindsight that I now look back and see what led me into sin. A few years ago, there was a very hot discussion in my church among the youth on whether they should hug. Previously, hugging a member of the opposite sex was taboo. Nowadays people hug anyone tight, even in church. I agree with the poster who said getting out of bed alone can lead one to sin.
Hey all very interesting discussion.

This is the biblical principal that I follow.

Watch and pray least you fall into temptation Matthew 26:4

This means be sober, and be awake about your actions. When you find yourself in a certain sin, there is usually a familiar sequence of decisions leading to that sin. For me to watch is to recognize before hand that I am being led into a temptation. It also requires prayer along with this recognition to not do what we recognize will lead us to temptation.

In this particular instance for me I know that if I kiss it will lead me down the path of temptation, therefore I choose not to.

I think this broad principle can not only apply to kissing but many other areas in our lives.

- build the grid http://www.youthgrid.com
If I be permitted to give my 2 pennies worth on the topic. While I do not believe that French Kissing before marriage is wrong/ a sin perse, I would no encourage anyone to participate in such intimate activities.

Now it seems that everyone is arguing that kissing will lead to other things etc etc etc, but I believe that we need to deal with the things that lead up to the kissing. A boy and a girl don't just see each other and decide they want to kiss. There is normally a build up in the relationship until it reach to the stage when you may fancy a kiss. Now I have a question for you (Ricardo) in light of Jesus words that to look upon a woman to lust after her is a sin. Then would you not also agree that if everyyou see your girlfriend you desire to French Kiss her but you dont are you not still sinning in thougts?

Just a question and not an opinion
KISSING. The Bible says in Romans 16:16."Sallute all brethren With a holy kiss Kiss."HOLY KISS is what the Bible only approves,All Other unholy,which leads to internal motivation,and unholy passions be shunned.Especially to unmarried.
Aye,that's what God wants us do.Thanks
Kissing can lead to sex outside marriage. No matter how one argues, it is something that one needs not to toy with at al..
Wow! This is a great question. It really got me to thinking. Kissing is both intimate and also a sign of greetings. If you're kissing a person in greeting then I don't think there is anything wrong with that. However, as Christians perhaps we should refrain from kissing in addition to other forms of physical contact before marriage. I know that in some cases this is easier said than done because as people we crave human contact and that is one of the most recognized forms of contact between 2 people who are interested in each other.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service