Adventist Online

I believe kissing by unmarried Christians is wrong as it is likely to lead to lusting and other wrong acts and we should shun the very appearance of evil.

Views: 2215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But, it can lead to fornication, and often does.

According to Christ if you have lusted after a woman in your mind.... That is enough...

And kissing leads to thoughts of other things.. Even in the best of Christians fall.. Especially if the girl is particularly attractive..

If a man doesn't have feeling of attraction for a woman, 99 percent of the time he will not marry her.

@Knife

"If a man doesn't have feeling of attraction for a woman, 99 percent of the time he will not marry her."

That's not true at all. I meet my husband on the internet. The only thing he could have been attracted by is my words, and compassion..

We were married two months after we first started chatting on line.

And my husband doesn't even find me that physically appealing even now.. but he lives me more deeply than most women will ever be loved..

That is like saying anger leads to murder.  It doesn't.

Matt. 5:21    Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:  
 5:22    But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment:

God prevents people from killing and committing adultery, to save lives and marriages, but He knows what you would do, if this prevention was removed and holds you accountable.

20:3    But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou [art but] a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she [is] a man's wife.

20:6    And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

Be angry and sin not.  Anger is allowed.

Ephesians 4:25-26, "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold."

Anger is not a sin.  Sinning because of anger is a separate issue altogether.

The anger is not directed at a person.  It is indignity about sin.  It's the kind of anger that keeps you from sinning.

2 cor.  7:11    For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, [what] clearing of yourselves, yea, [what] indignation, yea, [what] fear, yea, [what] vehement desire, yea, [what] zeal, yea, [what] revenge! In all [things] ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter. 

Jude  1:23    And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Kissing and cuddling is sexual foreplay--it starts the glands secreting and prepares you for sex.

When Jesus said: "Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil", was he asking us to put ourselves on a pinnacle and presume God will deliver us from Satan's temptations?

Absolutely NOT! 1Corinthians 10:12    Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Charles

Amen!!!

Everyone should read James White's  A SOLEMN APPEAL  

http://www.ellenwhitedefend.com/Family-Education/Solemn/SolemnAppea...

And read Sister White's A SOLEMN APPEAL

https://text.egwwritings.org/publicationtoc.php?bookCode=SA

Both books go into detail regarding intimate relations between a male and female and when and how they should start.

I started to kiss my wife just before we were married and it worked out perfectly for us.  Kissing should be reserved for your spouse and just before you get married.  Blessings.

It is said in gay bars ...

"Don't turn on the oven if you don't intend to bake the cake"

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com