Adventist Online

I believe kissing by unmarried Christians is wrong as it is likely to lead to lusting and other wrong acts and we should shun the very appearance of evil.

Views: 2204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My husband and I will only hold each other as a form of PDA at the absolute most.

Any enthusiastic stuff waits till we have a bit more privacy. :)

I would not do it again :D not before marriage! 

I would include unrelated men and women hugging.  What happened to the handshake.  I am so uncomfortable when some people hug me.  If we have been friends for many years and have not seen each other maybe. All this huggy stuff for no special reason makes me nuts.  Sometimes I try to find a chair or carry something to avoid it.  Just so I can hand shake.  

Daniel Clements:

"I always give my wife a peck on the lips when it is meet and greet time."

I've never seen that in church, prayer meeting, or at any church event.  That really would be a distraction.

But, let's relent of hi-jacking this topic.  Start a new one about public affection.  This one is about Adventists making out while they are courting.

I did that too.

Deut.  22:20    But if this thing be true, [and the tokens of] virginity be not found for the damsel:  
 22:21    Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

According to WO proponents the above verse would be a social construct caused by the evil male in his quest for social domination over women.  

Right.  But, according to this topic, if you get involved in sexual behavior before marriage, you could have gotten someone stoned to death, back in the day.

Unless your sins were written in the dirt I suppose.

You're referring to the woman caught in adultery.  I believe she was a prostitute, probably forsaken of her husband, and needing to make ends meet to provide for her children, or at least we must assume.

But, what we're talking about, here, is when people begin having sex, before they are committed to each other in marriage.  This is not good, and primitive Christianity forbade it.

Acts  15:20   ...that they abstain from ...fornication

Acts  15:29    That ye abstain from .... fornication

Acts 21:25   ....that they keep themselves from ...... fornication.  

Kissing isn't fornication.  I really don't want to explain the birds and bees, otherwise it will be moved to the sex group.

can kiss but shouldn't overdose it!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by