Adventist Online

I believe kissing by unmarried Christians is wrong as it is likely to lead to lusting and other wrong acts and we should shun the very appearance of evil.

Views: 2216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree. For those people that wont, its simply because they don't believe they have self control. In that case, they should not, because only they know how far they can be tempted. They should abstain from it if what they are doing will not glorify God or if it will lead them to other sinful acts.

It seems to me that kissing would most likely tempt a person to do other things if that person has already done other things.
Thanks for responding. Kissing my sister leads the mind in a particular direction.
I'm going to play dumb for a while. What kind of kissing are we talking about here? French kiss or a simple kiss on the cheek or fore head?

I believe that a simple kiss on the cheek or fore head is of no harm and leads to nothing. But if we are speaking about french kissing, that is something else. French kiss sexually arouses the individuals who are engaged in it and if they don't be careful they might reach to sex before even knowing.

Can oil or dry wood be thrown into the fire in order to out it? I guess not.

Love / passion is like a (wild) fire. It feeds on kisses, touches, words, etc. which easily leads from one to the next.

So why step into the lions den and expect not to be eaten??????????
Well I dont really know what type of kisses we are talking about but I assume its french kiss since I dont think there is any harm in normal kiss. A normal kiss is an expression of affection and love and a french kiss is an expression of desire to be with that one and if the emotion is not controlled, it can surely lead to other things like petting and eventually sex.

If both the couple have mutual understanding and respect for each other and have very good control of their emotions, then even a french kiss could not lead them somewhere else. The question is, how many of us can really say we are immune to that and can control our emotions completely. By nature its very hard since, its in our blood. God created us in that way so that we may multiply and fill the world.
Hi Stacey,
Thanks for sharing. I am talking about French kissing.
I believe your logic is flawed. Here is an example of the same logic (using many of your same words):

"I believe getting out of bed in the morning by human Christians is wrong as it will undoubtedly lead to sinning that very day and we should not sin."

It doesn't make much sense to follow that belief, does it? So just because doing some act could lead to something else does not make it wrong.

We should base our beliefs on higher authorities than us humans believing something is wrong. Now, don't get me wrong, you can believe whatever you want. And you can act on that belief. That's cool too.

But simply telling us your opinion without any basis AND implying that people who don't agree with you are not "shunning the appearance of evil"... is a bit offensive to people who don't have the same opinion as you.

So please, give us some scripture or SOP or cultural traditions or whatever to tell us the basis for your beliefs.

God bless!
My brother,
I do believe kissing of itself by unmarried people is wrong even if it does not lead to anything else. I know that everyone does not share my belief but it is not my intention to impose my view or to offend others. If people become offended just because I stated an opinion that they do not share, then what can I do or say? I really though this is a forum for people to share their views.
Hi Ricardo,
I think he wanted to make you take a look at your own beliefs. I too would like to hear what Scriptural, SOP, or cultural basis you have for your beliefs. Hearing other people's reasoning helps us all understand better... and maybe even change our own beliefs! But without some basis... nobody is going to change simply because Ricardo believes something. I look forward to hearing more from you and those that believe as you do. -V
GOOD RESPONSE CLARK. I AGREE TOTALLY.
Brother,
Let's see what the Bible says on the matter. 1 Cor. 10:31 says everything we do should be done to the glory of God.

Questions - Can the unmarried kiss (French kiss) each other to glorify God?
NO i do not believe that unmarried Christians should be kissing. Reason being, the Bible states in 1 Corithians 7:1..its a good ting for a man not to touch a woman nevertheless to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife and every woman her own husband.
the touch the bible is referring to is intimate touching...n kissing would come under that category in my book. so i think it is wrong

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service