Adventist Online

I believe kissing by unmarried Christians is wrong as it is likely to lead to lusting and other wrong acts and we should shun the very appearance of evil.

Views: 2175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find the responses interesting indeed...lol.

So, in keeping with this topic its quite ok to kiss as long as its not "french kissing", right?

What about labial kissing that only involves the lips? If I were to kiss my fiancee on her lips does it mean I have sinned? Absolutely not!
LET'S NOT TRY TO PHARISISE THE WHOLE ISSUE. BY THAT I MEAN DONT TRY TO LEGISLATE EVERYTINGH LIKE THE PHARISEES IN JESUS' DAY. REMEMBER WHAT HE DID TO THEM? REMEMBER THE LESSON WE ARE STUDYING THIS QUARTER? IN SOME SITUATIONS WE MITE BE SURPRISED AT WHAT JESUE WOULD DO.

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT THE BIBLE IS EITHER SILENT OR AMBIGUOUS ON. WE HAV TO LOOK AT THE SITUATION AND LET GOD GUIDE US AS WE "RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH."
The bible (i stand to be corrected) doesn't specify anything about kissing. Kissing is an expression of love and affection towards the people we love and care about. we kiss family, friends and those we are in love with.
Kissing is a natural human expression for us humans. the thing is some people can kiss without being aroused to the point of desire. others can't even spell the word without wanting to get under the covers! my point is we have a responsibility to ourselves not to place ourselves in situations that we may later regret. if you know that your hormones are going to go through the roof by kissing the one you are in love with, then you owe it to yourself not to put yourself in temptations way. if a kiss is as 'mundane' as merely holding hands then there would be no need to refrain from doing it.
I totally understand your point, that its our responsibility not to engage ourselves in such situation, especially if we know that we are not strong enough to withstand temptation.

I feel that we are talking about ourselves here, but I would like to know: "what about the other individual in front of me?" What about his feelings/ urges? What about how he thinks of the matter and if he is not strong enough to withstand the temptation? Have you ever thought that this might be a weakness he is struggling with? Why make my feelings (passion) and my assurance that nothing will happen, put him on the verge of temptation?
What if we crossed the line and are no longer strong to be responsible towards this act.

What I'm trying to say is: that in my concept its not fair for me to go ahead with the act just because I know my hormones will not trick me into bed. I'm trying to think here on the one standing before me. I could be strong at that moment, but I could also cause danger to him without even knowing.

We should not put ourselves in the way to hurt others, causing spiritual breakdown to each other by what we call: "just a simple act of love".

It would be great if we all could be strong enough to take responsibility to abstain from temptation. But we have to remember that we have to also try to help the other individual to be responsible for his act on this matter.
Naome said: The bible (i stand to be corrected) doesn't specify anything about kissing. Kissing is an expression of love and affection towards the people we love and care about. we kiss family, friends and those we are in love with.
Kissing is a natural human expression for us humans. the thing is some people can kiss without being aroused to the point of desire. others can't even spell the word without wanting to get under the covers! my point is we have a responsibility to ourselves not to place ourselves in situations that we may later regret. if you know that your hormones are going to go through the roof by kissing the one you are in love with, then you owe it to yourself not to put yourself in temptations way. if a kiss is as 'mundane' as merely holding hands then there would be no need to refrain from doing it.

That is a more sensible answer Naome. Very well said. I agree.

sky
It depends on each case. So it is important to note that kissing in itself is not wrong; but the consequence of this act should give fear. It is like compromis with the bad thing. I think it is the best that anyone avoid this act because it's like stimulation for fornication.

I do not believe kissing is wrong for Christians. I believe that because I have not seen any scripture, SOP, or even church manual where it is described an immoral act or even something to avoid. But I could have missed some texts! (1 Cor 7:1 obviously does not apply here at all... it is talking about sexual intercourse).

So please, someone bring the texts, passages, whatever. I'm weary of opinions without any thought given to their basis. So anyone that has supported this notion of kissing as in-advisable... please tell the rest of us where we can also find basis to believe as you do.

Thanks!
good point, but then when the bible doesn't refer to something specific (number of children to have, what to look for in a house, how to choose a job) how do we make those decisions? the bible doesn't refer to kissing (i stand to be corrected)
I stand to be corrected, what i know is we may talk of kissing as wrong depending on the backgroung and culture.Biblically kissing is not wrong but its consequences are what makes it sin.
so let us know that it is like an electrical shock which can lead to something unexpected.if u can not withstand dont try, because it will harm you.
Everything starts from the mind and before it comes an action, it was a thought and the source is the heart.
As Gods children we ought to be keen.
Hello, Just want to ask a few questions. What do you mean by Biblically Kissing is not wrong?
1 Cor. 10:31 says everything we do should be done to the glory of God.

Questions - Can the unmarried kiss (French kiss) each other to glorify God?

If not then who are they glorifying?
can u please cpme with more biblical proof...cause I can tell u that I don't belive if I kiss my fiance that I am not glorifying God....I have not had sex....its just my way of expressin my feelings of love to him.

We have not sinned as far as I'm concerned....As two mature adults we know that all we want to do is kiss.....we decide how far to go.
Hello Cherylann i don't mean to intrude, but what if you kiss him and give him an erection?
Which is a must that he'll definitely get one, is God glorified when he walks away thinking about you and even undressing you in his mind?
Kissing as an act of showing love is sexual and preparing the two individuals for the big game, and by the way when you close your eyes and plant that kiss, could you please let me know what you are thinking about?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service