Adventist Online

Some of the best testimonies I have heard are those that describe how some of us became SDAs. I know people from different backgrounds have had their own unique experiences with regards to the journey.

So, please share your experience with us.

Views: 2122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was born as non christian..study in Lowry Memorial junior college , Bangalore, India, there I found Jesus over Sai Baba in Whitefield , Bangalore got baptised and move on to Mangalore University, India.. Came back to Malaysia , was sponsor by Penang Adventist Hospital to study in Loma Linda , California..It was in Mangalore that I found tough to explain to my dean to get Sabbath off to go church.... After much explaining to a Hindu, he said your explaination accepted because I met your one of your so call colporteur. At my final year my dean was elected senate of Mangalore University, and he convince other senate members-- no exams on saturday...hooray!!!
My life in LLU California enriched my experience... now my goal is to grief for the lost souls..

37 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few;

38 "therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Matthew 9:3-38
Its amazing how the Lord uses circumstances to bring us where we are today. Keep up the good work Steven. I sense that God will use you in a mighty way.
i have been born into soceity where i was getting bullied and getting i nto trouble i have been invited to join the seventh day adventist and over the years i have seen illustration that became a part of my life aswell as my faith i have heeard many gospel music that brought happiness and i leran ,t that the scripture as great effect on my life i have started to create my own studys and i also have read the bible fifthteen times
Well, my parents became SDAs after I accepted the faith. As a boy growing up it seemed there were SDAs around me to influence my life in various ways. At about age 10, or so I started reading SDA literature, and the book that clinched it was "Desire of Ages"
Darren we both have something in common. I am influenced by the scriptures and gospel music. When ever I am down gospel music soothes me. Ellen White says sacred music uplifts the soul.
I totally agree with you> I love music...I sure do.
Matthew my friend and brother in Christ. How my eyes welled up as I read your testimony. To God be the glory! God is good all the time. It is testimonies like these that bring me closer to the Lord.

You'd have never imagined that picking up the papers in search of a new place of residence would have led to those particular set of circumstances. Its amazing how God watches the very details of our lives, and places persons and events in place to lead us to Him.

I want to wholeheartedly thank you for such a wonderful testimony Matthew and may God continue to bless your life, and ministry.
Wow that is amazing. I have a similar story which I'd like to share some other time when I'm less busy. I'm very happy for you. I know that God will continue to bless you as He has continued to bless me.
I grew up in the SDA church and by age 15 got baptised and decided that I wanted to become a pastor.But by age 21 I was grown up and started making the wrong decisions.I became a police officer but, while I was going through 6months training this question keep coming to me WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ? This continued for 3 years until during which time I did all the things that most police men from ST.Vincent and the Grenadines would do.Women,party and all the fun that comes with them.I could not answer that question and 3 months later I took my vacation and left the police force and ended up in The big apple NYC. By then I had become a party animal and stopped going to church,but after about 10 years I was at a famous club in brooklyn early one sunday morning .Then the voice came again and said time to go home. And while I was standing there waiting for my friends who went back inside to get a phone number from a girl,gun shots rang out, I was standing close to the lady who was selling food and I saw her dropped to the ground.The other shot hit the front of the building and then I realized it went over my head and I was still standing.I never paid attention when God was speaking to me all the time.The next sabbath I was in church.I decided that I was coming back to God and to what I knew when I was growing up.
I took this time to write this because I know theres a lot of us who have children and are struggling with them daily to help them stay on the right path.For me Its my teen aged daughter and prayers can never be too much. I'm just asking for prayers for our young and that they will be able to identify that still small voice when it says this is the way walk ye in it. And so I never became a pastor but thank God he gave me a second chance.If you are struggling today please dont leave the path Jesus is there to help in your trying times.
The mind is really a powerful tool for God isn't it?
OH WOW! Such a powerful testimony! God is sooooooo good!!
I was born into an Adventist family. I never questioned my beliefs but also never studied for myself. I was baptised at 8 years old. When I was about 15, I decided that I wanted to know Christ personally. I started praying that God would show himself to me that he was real.

Our school had a week of prayer with daily meetings. One evening the speaker got up to speak and after starting his sermon on The State Of The Dead, he was interrupted by a motorcyle driving past outside and making a lot of noise. This person kept going past the school making loud noise. The pastor prayed that the noise would end so that he could continue and the noise did stop. But that was not all. After this prayer the pastor said that he had been instructed by God to change his sermon topic for the night. He was told to speak on How We See God and how we know he is real. It was exactly the answer to my prayer. From that time on I knew that God was there and that he cared about even me.

This was the first of many times in my life that God has directly "spoken" to me and answered my prayers. For another example, read my blog post called "God Still Speaks will you listen." God is good and he is always in control when we allow him to be. Thanks for starting this forum, it is so uplifting to hear people's stories.
God Bless You all,
Becky

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com