Adventist Online

Some of the best testimonies I have heard are those that describe how some of us became SDAs. I know people from different backgrounds have had their own unique experiences with regards to the journey.

So, please share your experience with us.

Views: 2122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the things I admire about you Ray is your openness and honesty about your experience as a striving Christian. If truth be told you're not the only one going through this struggle, but the difference lies in your being honest about it.

Really appreciate the sentiments, and I will definitely continue to pray for you, as you continue to pray for me as well.

God bless.
Bobby

Thank you. Isn't honesty part of what a Christian should be? I thank God that is becoming a part of me, as being a Christian is my prime goal.

Maranatha :)
Ray
www.basicsoftheword.com
I very much agree with you Ray. Keep up the good work, and remember we are praying for you.
MY brother and was given prohecy brochure in at work because he was talking about Jesus soon retwell he attended the first 2 and then told me to also come and learn .. Ihad already intended to come also because I was eager to learn more about Gods love for we were attending a pentecostal church at this time ..
WE even asked our pastor for permission to attend these meetings and were told to go ahead we would be like their representatives.. we had no intention of leaving our church for all we wanted to do was add more knowledge , .. well the evangelist his name was Dan Benzinger and his wife Gloria she played the piano and sang and they would do duets also itwas very nice. .
Their was something in how he proclaimed the truth thatwas different then other evangelists Ihad seen before too for u could seeon the screen the bible truths opening before your eyes time n time gain backed up with other texts and historic records too! it was april I believe of 1981 and I had just started a month earlier to work for Publix supermarkets in miami florida. thIS I RELEVANT AND I WILL TELL U WHY LATER! .
5 Nights aweek the crusade was with wednesday and thursdays off! . after about 3 nights the evengilast BROTHER DAN WANTED TO GREET FOLKS AT THE DOOR OR JUST OUTSIDE THE DOOR WAY HE WAS VERY PLEASANT AND DOWN TO EARTH TO TALK TOO.. WE HAD SAID WE WANTED TO RECIEVE THE hOLY SPIRIT,,. HE SAID WELL THIS IS ONE OF MY TOPIC LATER IN THI SSERIES CHECK THE BROCHURE AND SREE AND DO NOT MISS IT .. HE SAID TO US YOU KNOW U MUST HAVE THE Holy Spirit talking to u already for It is He that directs u to want to know Gods will. .. . , // ONE NIGHT THE EVANGELIST SAID THIS FRIDAY iWANT EVERYONE TO WEAR THE COLOR RED WHEN U COME BACK .. THE TOPIC OF MY SERMON IS Adams mothers birthday!!????????
We then learned That friday the seventh DAY OF THE WEEK WAS ACTUUALLY THE SABBATH AND since Adam was created from the earth MOTHER EARTH WAS HIS MOTHER! and the reason we WERE TO WEAR THE COLOR red?? IT WAS HIS FAVORITE COLOR IS ALL HEHEHE! . MY BROTHER AND I WERE BAPTIZED MAY 5 1981 . . .
I had a probl m though in at work u were supposed to work at anytime they needed us seven days a week but now I seen that God Sabbath was saturday how could I break this Commandment and then again what about my job?. the warehouse manager that hired me was on vacation and Iwas told to go to the vice president itwould not hurt do not quit see him first. Jumping catfish Iwas scared stiff actually but I SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT ANYWAY N iASKED HIM FOR SATURDAY OFF FOR IT WAS Gods Holy SABBATH he told me sunday was his Sabbath but anyway JSUT STAY ON THE RAIL DOCK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS .. the next wek the warehouse manager came to talk to me and asked why Icould not work because when he hired me Istated Iwould. Isimply said Idid not know then and now Iknow its wrong ,, HE DID NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT RELIGIOUS MATTERS AND SAID OK IF THAT IS YOUR WISH YOU WILL STAY UNLOADING BOXCARS UNTILL U CHANGE YOUR MIND.. . They did their best to make me quit too but for the next 5 months I kept up with them AND EVEN DID BOX CARS BY MESLF IN THE TIME ALLOTTED and then they saw I was not playing called me up to the office to talk to me they gave me a different position where I COULD BE OFF WORK ON SATURDAY AND STILL WORK THEIR.... ..
oH BY THE WAY my brother AND I had gone back to our church intending to keep saturday holy and keep sunday too but we asked the head deacon Goldie by name is the seventh day of the week actually Sabbath ?/ he said sure it is ! we said then why do you keep sunday as holy ? He then said I do not know why we keep sunday as Sabbath.. for the service their was a guest Speaker that sunday and MY STARS! THE PEOPLE WERE THROWING PAPER N SHOUTING GoPREACHER SPEAK IT .. the thing is he was just shouting and not teaching anything and the more the yshouted the more he would shout something near undetectable with no meaning I was getting a severe headache ,,
WE then decided that we would no longer be a part of this type of worship and keep Gods 7 th day Sabbath only . YES THEIR HAVE BEEN SOME BUMPS AND BRUISES ALONG THE WAY ON OUR JOURNEY but God has been more than merciful and has showed me favor upon favor I know Ishould not have recieved too!
Oh bless the Lord Murray J. God has been extremely good to you and your brother. You see God works in different ways, and His Spirit certainly impressed you in such a manner, that it didn't take long for you to recognize truth the moment you saw it.

As you pointed out worship is much more than getting excited, even though that is good, but its about being able to learn the precious truths of the bible.

may God continue to strengthen you and your brother, and I hope as you learn you will pass on the same knowledge that you received.

God bless.
HI MERCY . I enjoyed reading this testimony and please do continue in here with what u have learned in other areas too!
Thanks for such a lovely testimony Mercy P. God is good isn't He? This is a perfect example of what "pure religion" is all about. There is a saying that "if people don't know that we care, then they won't care what we know"
it is interesting we try real hard to represent Christ and often we fail miserably. we be christians in the making as one writing outdoors on a sign states. .
IF someone u love fails at times to represent Christ fully please do not chastize them but continue in love to work with them for they need you too.
God knows none of us are perfected yet and if u withhold showing your love who will be held guilty in the day of judgment ? It is satan that will try with all his superhuman might to take love or feeling from your heart too if you allow it to take place..
Just remember if u be in Christ LET His love that is within you love those that be imperfect just as you too are in need of forgiveness show it by your actions nan show it fully even if ittakes getting down on your kness until God answers your request

Isnt it wonderful, when you can take something that the world considers dung, such as being poor, and see God exalt it to the LOFTY position of a mode of YOUR salvation to be imparted to you!!!

IN you, He HAS done what He said He would do...I am sure your story would confound the "wise" of the world..

Also, I found James 2:5, where He says, " Hearken, my beloved brethren,Hath not God CHOSEN the POOR of this world, RICH in FAITH, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath PROMISED to them that love Him?"

I found great solace in that verse, as we were a wrking class family, and had so little , compared with others..I ALWAYS took solace in just the fact that we, as a denomination, WERE different...So, it says in the Bible, we WILL be looked down on and persecuted...So, for that, alone, we were on the right track...I now have researche enough to believe on my own two feet, what we, as a denomination have that others do not, and it ISNT just being a minority!!..LOL..

Youth is wonderful!!...He allows us such assurance in such small things!!...To grow, and to learn, about HIM, is just amazing, as you do learn so much more about these small comforts of youth...How FIRMLY grounded they REALLY are!! 

Take care all!!...od keep you close this new year!!

before ive been baptist i was addict in drinkin smoking and the wordly thing just because my family have a big problem, my mother have a nervous breakdown and my father abandon us, that's why i don't beleive God// sometimes in the corner of our house i see my mother crying,, and i begin to question my self if God is true,,? i said to my self "if God is true why he let this happen to us?" ...one day my friend borrow a guitar in our neighborhood and the owner of the guitar is a SDA so after we use their guitar they invite us to join their worship... but the purpose of our joining is not to listen the word of God insteed the snack is our purpose,,every night we join the worship the reason is there is a snack but one night when the topic that they have discuss is all about Jesus.. while i'm listening there's somthing i felt in my hear,, and that's the beggining of my journey with God,, evry night i join the worship and also in there church even don't have a snack. and when the fellowship come i decide to accept Jesus Christ as personal savior.. but when i went home after the baptism i was shocked! because my auntie said that i am no longer a part of a family ,, and they forsake me... but still i serve God,,, and now i am here in CPAC a working student ,,taking a bachelor of theology,,, i know God is always with me... jame 1:12 says " bleesed is the man who tempted temptation,, for whe he is approve he will receive the crown of life,," ,,..

My mother's history came from a backslidden Adventist father who married, as far as we could tell, an Atheist German Jewish girl,.  She was maybe 17 when they married.  Her father's history was Adventist.  My father came from the local church in the area, The Society of Friends, or Quakers.

My father and mother met and were soon married.  However, they decided that in order to have children, they needed to agree on a religion.  My mother's aunt and uncle used to take her to the SDA church.  So, she thought that might be the way to go.  My father was dubious.  So, back when Vanderman was in his hay day, my father watched a local broadcast of "It is written."  He caught most of the program, except the title, and a local phone number was on the screen to call.  So, my father, was curious and called the number.  The local pastor answered the phone and said, "It is written,"

My father asked, "What is written?"

The pastor explained and offered bible studies.  So, the pastor came around and my father argued about this that and the other, and the pastor patiently, and kindly dealt with his questions.  Soon, my parents were baptized.  Then I cam along after.

The Jewish girl's dad was SDA in Germany?

From what i can tell most of the Protestants or Lutherans in Germany at that time lived in the north or Prussia. This was the region later placed behind the iron curtain of the USSR.

I came to God's 7th-day Sabbath all on my own after study. Then after moving thankfully received a flier to attend a local seminar at the SDA church. I was at the time looking for a local church who kept the true Sabbath, and really did not know the difference, so thought I'd check it out. Stayed for the entire seminar - about 21 days - and was baptized. 

This was all very fortunate as there is a great difference in SDA eschatology and other Sabbath observing denominations.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service