Adventist Online

A church sister confided in me and said she has a boyfriend who is not christian and they are having sex and she does not believe it is wrong, because she does not believe that you have to be married by a pastor etc to be married. (referred to Adam and Eve) What can I really show or tell her??

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quoted by rush4hire:"And Jesus said divorce is adultery"..............Divorce is not adultery for one party if there are Biblical grounds for the divorce. The guilty party is the only adulterer/adulteress.

Don't fool yourself. In the original premise of this thread she knows that she is doing wrong no matter what she says. She is deluding herself if she actually believes that it is not. 'nuff sed
"Divorce is not adultery for one party if there are Biblical grounds for the divorce."

I know. It was just getting too wordy, so I had to delete that comment.

Not saying you are, but we are not to tell people who are living together that they need to get a divorce. The counsel would be to make it official, by whatever means.

The getting involved with people who do not serve the same God you do would be a bigger concern that how you officiate your marriage.
Having sex with somebody is not marriage at all. There are rules that guide marriage in each society. Culture differs in each society. What will happen if we consider all fornicators in the church as married people. Let us pray and study more about this issue.
Ya, that's not what I call a marriage, either, but technically when you do that, you are making commitment, that is technically marriage.

1 Cor. 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make [them] the members of an harlot? God forbid.
6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

That may be as hard for us to grasp as the looking at a woman to lust after her is adultery, or getting together with a woman that was divorced is adultery.

Matt. 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
The Bible in the beginning defined what marriage is: Genesis 2: 18, 24,25

ONLY One woman, one man
It is not good that man be alone.
The two leave mother and father with their blessings, then they live together. Not the reverse.
The two become one flesh
Both were naked and not ashamed
Marriage between man and woman is the path for procreation, to be fruitful and multiply Genesis 1:28

We were made higher than the beast, we should not hook up like the beasts.

In Genesis 24:67 Isaac brought Rebekah to his mother. Abraham sent his servant to get a wife for Issac.

With God all things should be done decent and in order. To seek the blessings of parents, family and loved ones is key to a happy marriage. Under normal circumstances, the Patriarch arranged marriages for their children, Genesis 24: 1-4.
Thank you for sharing your insights, Mrs. Wade.
Sex between couples may mean they are married ... I don't know. But it does not mean that God 'joined' them together.
I'm not sure she doesn't know what is right. I think she knows, but, for whatever reason she is ignoring the pleading of the Holy Spirit and as a result, she has successfully convinced herself (or the boyfriend did that for her) that there is nothing wrong with what they're doing. Sex is a powerful thing. Pray for them, that God will in His time and in His own unique way, either break up the relationship or convert them by His Spirit.

Take care and God bless you.
I pray that they get to know Jesus. They may know it is sin but are just addicted to it. Or they may actually believe that they are married in the sight of God but not the State. I am not going to judge what is in their minds. Personally ... I believe it to be wrong but will allow the Holy Spirit to work with them as needed and will not judge them.
Well definitely she needs to be taught, according to what was posted she says she doesn't believe it is wrong.
The only way how sexual sin can be broken is when there's an army of prayer warriors praying for you, and the Lord intervenes with a really, really bitter break up, that you won't desire sex outside marriage anymore but cling on God's promises.

I've been a witness of this kind of thing and the Lord delivers people from baal worship (sexual immorality). Many of our youths are limping between two positions because of baal worship, and day by day youths in and out of the church are engaging in sexual immorality. Many churches are silent about such issues and acts involving sexual immorality.

For God to intervene and this sister of ours be saved from destruction, the church has to get involved, prayer warriors and I'm sure God's will prevails.
First get married, then all else :)
I think it happens quite a bit. There are numerous other sins besides this one to look at.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service