Adventist Online

Now that the state of California has also legalized marriages between people from the same sex, I wonder how we should relate to this matter. What should the church do when such a couple requests to be blessed in our church. Think about the reaction of human rights movements if we would say no. What will you do if you're invited to a same sex wedding.

Views: 695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so glad that you asked that question. God said in His word that He would give man a reprobate mind because he would refuse to beleive in Him. As Children of God not just Adventist we should always do the right thing. If I were ever invited to a same sex marriage I would decline and if asked why I would go to the bible and show them from the begining that God never intended for same sex marriages to happen and that if they do not change their ways that total destruction on the day of judgement would be their fate.
Following God means that we must do the right thing no matter what the consequences may be, no matter if it get us in trouble with mans laws. Remember this it is better to obey God than man. God said that whosoever looses his life for My sake has a greater reward in heaven.
Follow God with no hesitations.
Thank you brother for your post.
I totally agree with you.
God Bess!
I like what you said about not going, because God didn't design or approve this type of marrige. It is the same with our diet and health, we don't go and participate in eating foods not good for us or we will compramise our health. I don't think Jesus would go with us and join with us in any activaty that is not good for us. When He went to the wedding in Cana where He did His first miracle he blessed it not just by performing the miracle but with His presence. Just by being there He approved it.
That is a good advise Kim. An invitation to a same sex wedding is an opportunity to share the truth with this couple.
." An invitation to a same sex wedding is an opportunity to share the truth with this couple"

On the contrary... Attendance at any kind of wedding shows that you are there showing support for the "couple" that invited you. Furthermore, this is not the time to "share the truth"... At any wedding the focus is on the "happy couple" and their "joy " in each other. No matter what the 'Human Rights' movement may or not feel about or lack of support, we cannot dishonor God in what we do. Compromise can but weaken our effectiveness in spreading the Gospel.
Good Point Gabe. Some feel that their view and interpretation is the only way and yet they have no Biblical basis for it.
I am not God praise God.
God may be shrouded in mystery but his word is not. If you attend such a wedding it means that you agree with what is happening. In order to show that you do not agree do not go. I am sure that the fact that you are getting an invitation is because the person does not know that you do not agree to such an arrangement or that they do know but they still expect you to show up to support them.

If you want to evangelize I am sure you will see the person again outside of the wedding chapel.
We serve the Lord, not man, or state laws, dominions or powers. Thus says the Lord, that homosexuality is a grave sin period Though all of us are sinful and fell short of God's glory, we tell them point blank folks you gotta be straight to be in the SDA Church, sounds harsh but God also sometimes requires immediate action than beating around the bush!
I was listening to NPR (National Public Radio) about this issue and the religious liberty ramifications of this decision are quite unsettling. Freedom of religion is conflicting with freedom of speech and separation of church and state . It seems that freedom of religion is loosing this battle. Here is the link if you want to listen...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91554986
Thanks for providing this link. I'm gonna check it out.

Your last question is the most difficult to answer "What will you do if you're invited to a same sex wedding." is just like seeing a pastor standing in front of nite-club or cinema...sorry no answer to this one yet...

Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil,
to take part in wicked deeds
with men who are evildoers;
let me not eat of their delicacies.

Psalm 141:4 (New International Version)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members: