Adventist Online

Now that the state of California has also legalized marriages between people from the same sex, I wonder how we should relate to this matter. What should the church do when such a couple requests to be blessed in our church. Think about the reaction of human rights movements if we would say no. What will you do if you're invited to a same sex wedding.

Views: 694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The threads seem to get more interesting. Good topic.

If any same-sex couple desires to be blessed by the SDA church, for whatever reason I don't know, then let them know that that would be an impossibility.

If any SDA is invited to such a wedding then simply say no with the greatest of respect. If they ask why and are prepared to listen, which is a possibility, then share God's directive with them.
Good answer there Brother Bobby, firm and simple answer.
We can obey the government within the perimeter of God's word. THE WORD & WORD alone should be our guide. If such situation arises in India, where I live; then I will attend the same sex marriage funtion,and use the opportunity to distribute literature on what the Bible says. That will be a great awarness campaign opportunity for me.
Dudley
IQuoted by Dudley " use the opportunity to distribute literature on what the Bible says."

IMO distributing literature at such a function would be about the worse thing that you could do at such a function. Do you really think that this would be the time to present your opposition viewpoints ? I doubt that you would be following the Biblical injunction to being "Wise as serpents and harmless as doves".... They invite you there as a friend. Do you really think that condemnation at this time would draw them closer to you " as a friend"? Better that you don't attend and pick some other time to "present the Biblical views" on the matter
well in the begining god created adam and eve not adam and steve but i dislike there lifestyle but i don,t dislike them as indervidual
Homosexuality is not a race, it's a lifestyle. So you disagreeing with them wouldn't make you racist in any way.
Javier - Your disdain for homosexuals is quite telling and rather sad. Yes, God made Adam and Eve and I think that was his original plan. But he also made them tall, smart, and perfect in every way. I think we've all follow a bit off of that original design.

If you want to better understand what the Bible says about homosexuality, check out the Bible study that I'm attaching here. I think you'll be surprised what the Bible actually says about homosexuality.

By the way, I have a few friends who are gay and they are quite "straight-looking". I hope someday you can get to know them.
Attachments:
I have something to say to you, thou shalln ot lie with mankind as with womankind: it is ABOMINATION; Lev 18:22. It you want to twist Gods word, do it else where.
hmm, I wonder what would Jesus do?
God destroy Sodom An Gomorrah because of great sins and homosexuality rank high there, thus if God was against it then he will be still against it now.. I am not supporting anyone with in a same sex marriage and the SDA church will be stooping and going against God principles if we marry same sex couple. How then we will be able to witness to a world dyibg in sin. We have to live by example

Let's see,may be I want to pretend to be a "bad guy" for a moment.... Hey you guys..20 years ago we imagine the devil standing in front of the cinema..holding a trident fork..ha ha..But today we are mature..man..We see openly..Some see visiting judgemental..I mean see spiritual movie in cinema. Oh forgot to tell you ..it is a non smoking one and no alcohol pleazz. Don't be a Pharisees and Scribes... Coming back to the question...What will you do if you're invited to a same sex wedding? Hey you again there is a sunday church pastor, wedding sermon, bible verse(s) may be from Ecclesiates like
Be happy, young man, while you are young,
and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
Follow the ways of your heart
and whatever your eyes see,...... Ecclesiastes 11:9 (New International Version)

So...20 years down the road 2028 AD,.. can we vote to go for the same sex "christian" wedding..?

Please visit "Is the cinema a place where adventists should refrain from visiting?" discussion forum....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service