Adventist Online

Now that the state of California has also legalized marriages between people from the same sex, I wonder how we should relate to this matter. What should the church do when such a couple requests to be blessed in our church. Think about the reaction of human rights movements if we would say no. What will you do if you're invited to a same sex wedding.

Views: 777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If one's friend/relative had an adulterous relationship and then married the person, would you attend the wedding then?
and the simple answer 2 that Travis is no, f we r 2 b like JESUS, y would we support such things. The time is coming that we forget family and follow JESUS!!!
I was asking that question in the light of people here who seem to think that homosexual activity is somehow worse than other sins.
Yes Michael. This one has yet again stooped to a new low.
No, I think many more distinctions and truth can be brought out. Michael, I suggest you take up the "apostate pastors" issue with God. He is the One who inspired the Bible and Ellen White. My opinions simply echo His revealed Word and Testimony. Have a wonderful Sabbath, and BTW, have you officiated at a gay wedding? Just curious.
Steven ... you say : "My opinions simply echo His revealed Word and Testimony." IS that connection the same way as Ellen White simply echoes the Word of God as a prophetess? Is that putting you in the same catagory as a prophet? You are certainly stooping to a new low here. I just need to tell you that a true prophet would not teach legalisms pantheisms and evolutionisms ... as you do. So if you are a prophet ... I see not profit in these heresies.
It prophets you nothing to state heresies and untruths. Nice attempt at an illogical stretch...........again, and again, and again..............to infinity.
Truth means nothing to this man Michael. All he wants to do is to spread lies and hate about the brethren and the church organization.
Judge not, that ye be not judged." Do not think yourself better than other men, and set yourself up as their judge. Since you cannot discern motive, you are incapable of judging another. In criticizing him, you are passing sentence upon yourself; for you show that you are a participant with Satan, the accuser of the brethren. The Lord says, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." This is our work. "If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 Corinthians 11:31. {DA 314.1}
I knew you couldn't stay away, I guess if you are not ordained, then you cannot officiate, correct? I know how to check the yearbook. As I checked Sequeria's credentials some time ago, I nearly fell out of my chair in disbelief; he is still credentialed! Perhaps it is because he is retired. BTW, go to my Sequeria blog and check out my quote from Kevin Paulson's book "Beyond Belief Reviewed" which can be purchased from the Hope International website. In fact, I owe a debt of thanks to Colin Standish for first exposing the Sequeria errors and that of the 1888 Message Study Committee.
Judge not, that ye be not judged." Do not think yourself better than other men, and set yourself up as their judge. Since you cannot discern motive, you are incapable of judging another. In criticizing him, you are passing sentence upon yourself; for you show that you are a participant with Satan, the accuser of the brethren. The Lord says, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." This is our work. "If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 Corinthians 11:31. {DA 314.1}
Yes. Exactly Gabe.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by