Adventist Online

out of curiousty god created the world in 6 days he rested on the saturday which is the sabbath so he started onthe sabbath so he did laboured y

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mmm mm for may years I ask the same question until I try to explain non SDA of sabbath truth. God start on Sunday(1st day) work thru Friday (6 th day) and stop on Saturday (7 th day)..
then it be 6 days 7 days in week correct so it be sat 2 sat

6 days (work) + 1 day (rest-Sabbath)= 1 week cycle or 7 days... may be I don't understand your question... I may be astray..help me this.....
sunday to saturday is 6 days saturday to saturday is seven days so god created the world on sabbath

Sunday to saturday is 7 days..

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [a] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 2:2

God didn't work on the seventh day...I wait for you respond..
ahhh so in genesis 1.1 in the begining god created heven and the earth was that a day

Yes....

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. Genesis 1:1-3

I may not know what you miss.....
shen he did that can u still class that as day

Yes..and the sixth day is on verse 31
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

Go ahead..

Hi brother ... hope you can help me this one.. I m just a layman trying to figure out how to explain to others on how to proof that first day equal to sunday since genesis didn't say so... When i turn to chapter one of Genesis ..I couldn't find the word Sunday...
There's a couple of ways of showing this, perhaps the easiest way is to ask the Jews which day is which. They have continued to keep the seventh day as the Sabbath up to today.

A semantic way of looking at it would be to ask the Arabs. In arabic the days can be referred to by their number, so The First Day becomes "yom el-wahed" (lit. "day the-first"). The second day is "yom el-etnien" (day the-second) and so on until you come to The Seventh Day, "yom el-sabaa" (day the-seventh). [If I remember correctly in Hebrew it is "yom el-shabbat" - day the seventh.]

You can also ask the pagans as they named the days after the gods they worshipped. The number one god was the sun-god, so the first day is Sun-day. The second day was named after the next highest god so it became Moon-day and so on using the more minor gods (who were often versions of the sun-god as well).

The Bible helps when it refers to the crucifixion weekend, it mentions Friday (Preparation day, as it was known), the Sabbath (when Christ rested in the tomb) and Sunday (the First day of the week).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answers...I stays in a Muslim majority country..alot of states here observes Friday as holiday-their day of prayer...dead end as come to asking around.. Preparation day...not clear but will promise to study more on it..TQ

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service