Adventist Online

The SDA 28 Fundamentals has IJ as one of those pillars that upholds the platform we stand on. To my surprise I have noted some of the saints around here do not think there is any Investigative Judgement. So let us see if there is a Investigative Judgement or not. I have also noted that the same Saints do not subscribe to the writings of E G White. So I would prefer that we use the Bible only.

The SDA church does have the Investigative Judgement as one of its 28 fundamentals Quoting:

24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent. (Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

28 fundamental Beliefs sdanet.org

The hour of the evening sacrifice arrives. The priest stands in the court of the Temple in Jerusalem ready to offer a lamb as sacrifice. As he raises the knife to kill the victim, the earth convulses. Terrified, he drops the knife and the lamb escapes. Over the din of the earthquake he hears a loud ripping noise as an unseen hand rends the veil of the Temple from top to bottom. What did the tearing of the veil really mean?

Across town, black clouds enshroud a cross. When Jesus, the Passover Lamb of God, calls out, "It is finished!" He dies for the sins of the world.

Type has met antitype. The very event the Temple services have pointed to through the centuries has taken place. The Saviour has completed His atoning sacrifice, and because symbol has met reality, the rituals foreshadowing this sacrifice have been superseded. Thus the rent veil, the dropped knife, the escaped lamb.

But there is more to salvation history. It reaches beyond the cross. Jesus' resurrection and ascension direct our attention to the heavenly sanctuary, where, no longer the Lamb, He ministers as priest. The once-for-all sacrifice has been offered (Heb. 9:28); now He makes available to all the benefits of this atoning sacrifice.

I have noted some of the saints here saying that the atonement was fulfilled on the cross. I wonder how this could be correct? We have many texts telling us that there is an ongoing Investigative Judgement happening in the heavenly courts at this very moment.

Views: 5925

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Amen True Keith

Since when was a gift something that you considered cheap, especially when it is priceless.

Try and earn your salvation and recieve only frustration.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

Leon

God having His only begotten Son killed for our redemption as planned was costly to God. But God raised him from the dead. It was not cheap. Christ was obedient unto death. That is not cheap either. Q

Putting religious hurdles in front of pure grace and gift of God is a spiritual slap inthe face to both Jesus and his Father by not just being thankful for salvation. Righteous works that God recognizes are done by freedom of will in thankfulness to God and His Son in the love of God without fear is how grace works instead of fear, law, religion or doctrines and commandments of men, or doctrines of devils and false teachers and prophets.

Failure to just accept the record that God gave of His Son and to have faith in that record, is rejecting the free gift in exchange for fear, bondage, lack of confidence in God, and His grace and salvation. 

It is worse then spitting on a person that brings you a wonderful gift, as Jesus said about the swine trampling on beautful pearls, cast not your pearls before swine. If you really reverance God, you will accept the free gift without reservation. No works can obtain salvation. Good works that God recognizes are judged for rewards only. Dead works are burned up.

Thanks for the lecture James I can agree that salvation is free. You talk about spitting in the face is that not what you are doing? You have free salvation and then you reject God by showing your disloyalty to God in your disobedience to His commands.

Hello Ian

"For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you."

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit

because, if myou confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and nbelieve in your heart othat God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For hGod so loved ithe world,9 jthat he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not kperish but have eternal life.

For our sake he made him to be sin rwho knew no sin, so that in him we might become sthe righteousness of God

I give them eternal life, and pthey will never perish, and qno one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, rwho has given them to me,1 sis greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of tthe Father’s hand.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. vTest yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that wJesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

I write fthese things to you who gbelieve in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

A. Jesus Loves Me

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” Who is it that has the Son? It is those who have believed in Him (John 1:12). If you have Jesus, you have life. Not temporary life, but eternal.

Man + Sin = Death

Man + Sin (Cancled by Christ Death/Sacrifice) = eternal life.

Human Preist (example of intervention.) Daily Sacrifice (our need for intervention.)

High Prest (example of Christ.) Yearly Sacrifice (Cancels sins for the entire community) representative of Christ canceling sin for all of Humanity.

Christ High preist in the order of Melchizedek (Christ Sinless,) Died for our sins once to cancel out sin debt, and to restore enternal life to man.

Tent beteween holy and most holy place torn it two!

Now (For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.)

Belief + Faith in him (trust,) born again life reformed, and yes a garantee for enternal life (God does not lie or mislead.)

Matt 22:2-14 "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who made a marriage feast for his son, and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the marriage feast, but they would not come. Again he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, "Behold, I have made ready my dinner. My oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the marriage feast!"‘ But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his merchandise, and the rest grabbed his servants, and treated them shamefully, and killed them. When the king heard that, he was angry, and he sent his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. "Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited weren’t worthy. Go therefore to the intersections of the highways, and as many as you may find, invite to the marriage feast.’ Those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together as many as they found, both bad and good. The wedding was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man who didn’t have on wedding clothing, and he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here not wearing wedding clothing?’ He was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and throw him into the outer darkness; there is where the weeping and grinding of teeth will be.’ For many are called, but few chosen." 

Failing to wear the wedding clothing (rejection of the sacrifice, and entering with the idea that we can work our way into salvation.)

Leon

The wedding Garment Freely Given to all, all we have to do is accept it. As I see it you include rejecting one of God's Teachings as a proviso to get the garment.

Really Leon

Hello Ian

The robe is Christ covering for your sins. His life is judged not yours. Teaching others that we must accept specific teachings before we are afforded the robe, leads them to believe that they are earning their salvation.  We don't get, we are given it freely. We can reject it by entering on our own, but as the parable indicates we will be rejected. When a man is born again and is willing to allow the Holy Spirit to guide them, they act in accordance of the Spirit of the law, which is much different than the letter. And we are always saved by Grace, and it is never cheap.

Leon

Many so-called “believers” do not really believe God’s Word. God hates vain religion, doctrines and commandments of men.

God hates those who think they can do whatever they like when they have received a free gift. 

Thanks for your post Leon and you said:

"A believer is a person who believes in the ministry of Jesus Christ."

Hopefully we all do that because if we do not we could not be called Christians could we?

I agree

Leon

Jason,

I had no intention of suggesting that Dr, B was undermining, or casting doubt on EGW. Only that he disagreed with some of her statements. I have found several things in the GC that I feel are in error, and the EGW estate has openly stated that Mrs. White was not an historian.

The purpose of my comment is to express that we all need to study the different topics for ourselves. Ellen White has given some very good advise, and written many good books, she  is not infallible and should not be the last word and if error exists it should be corrected. If we know for sure there were errors of doctrine in the  early church, which were corrected, why should it be any different today? We should not be afraid of new ideas. We just need to have confidence the Holy Spirit will lead us. That's what was done at the Jerusalem council, I think we can learn a lot that. Obviously there was a lot of disagreement, Paul and Peter almost came to blows, but they allowed the Holy Spirit to guide them and that's the key.

Think about some of the changes they suggested and who they were in the first place. Paul a persecutor of the Christians, and Peter a disciple who denied his Lord, telling the Jews how to run the church.   Key word: Holy Spirit.

Keith

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by