Adventist Online

The SDA 28 Fundamentals has IJ as one of those pillars that upholds the platform we stand on. To my surprise I have noted some of the saints around here do not think there is any Investigative Judgement. So let us see if there is a Investigative Judgement or not. I have also noted that the same Saints do not subscribe to the writings of E G White. So I would prefer that we use the Bible only.

The SDA church does have the Investigative Judgement as one of its 28 fundamentals Quoting:

24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent. (Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

28 fundamental Beliefs sdanet.org

The hour of the evening sacrifice arrives. The priest stands in the court of the Temple in Jerusalem ready to offer a lamb as sacrifice. As he raises the knife to kill the victim, the earth convulses. Terrified, he drops the knife and the lamb escapes. Over the din of the earthquake he hears a loud ripping noise as an unseen hand rends the veil of the Temple from top to bottom. What did the tearing of the veil really mean?

Across town, black clouds enshroud a cross. When Jesus, the Passover Lamb of God, calls out, "It is finished!" He dies for the sins of the world.

Type has met antitype. The very event the Temple services have pointed to through the centuries has taken place. The Saviour has completed His atoning sacrifice, and because symbol has met reality, the rituals foreshadowing this sacrifice have been superseded. Thus the rent veil, the dropped knife, the escaped lamb.

But there is more to salvation history. It reaches beyond the cross. Jesus' resurrection and ascension direct our attention to the heavenly sanctuary, where, no longer the Lamb, He ministers as priest. The once-for-all sacrifice has been offered (Heb. 9:28); now He makes available to all the benefits of this atoning sacrifice.

I have noted some of the saints here saying that the atonement was fulfilled on the cross. I wonder how this could be correct? We have many texts telling us that there is an ongoing Investigative Judgement happening in the heavenly courts at this very moment.

Views: 5925

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The only one all over the place is you Leon. Did I not say those Books are not for Gods benefit but for ours and the universe. Let me assure you I have no conflict with this issue. Because I know it is Based on solid Biblical Teachings. The spirit of doubt whispering in your ear may not be the Holy Spirit. 

Ian

Keith is right, people are being taught that their names will come up during the IJ, some will be saved and others will be judged as lost. Ellen White indicated that at one point the work in the sanctuary was almost done.

As the books of record are opened in the Judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. BEGINNING WITH THOSE WHO FIRST LIVED UPON THE EARTH, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected." The Great Controversy [1888 edition], p. 483

"But, according to the unerring word of God, every man will be judged and rewarded according as his works have been, and we are admonished to so speak and to so do as 'they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.' When sin has been repented of, confessed, and forsaken, then pardon is written against the sinner's name; BUT HIS SINS ARE NOT BLOTTED OUT UNTIL AFTER THE INVESTIGATIVE JUDGMENT." The Signs of the Times, May 16, 1895
I then saw Brother Edson that he must gird on the whole armor and stand in readiness to go, for a journey was before him, and that souls needed help and that JESUS' WORK WAS ALMOST FINISHED IN THE SANCTUARY..." (1850)4
Leon

Leon

Leon I can not believe it you are using SOP which you so roundly condemned in another thread

I looks Like such amazing can happen Leon It must have been hard for you to open her books.

I have read those Quotes and I see no problem? I have taken the liberty to give the whole quote. If you have a problem Leon you better point it our so I can understand it.

As the books of record are opened in the Judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected. When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God’s remembrance. The Lord declared to Moses, “Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.” [Exodus 32:33.] And says the prophet Ezekiel, “When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, ... all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned.” [Ezekiel 18:24.]{GC88 483.1}

Hell Ian

The translations of the KJV and NKJV render the Hebrew term nitsdaq, "shall be cleansed." The New American Bible translates it as "shall be purified." The term "cleansed" is also found in the earliest English translations such as the Bishop's Bible (A.D. 1566), the Geneva Bible (A.D. 1560), Taverner Bible (A.D. 1551), Great Bible (A.D. 1539), Matthew Bible (A.D. 1537), Coverdale (A.D. 1537), and Wycliffe (A.D. 1382). This translation comes from the Latin Vulgate, which reads mundabitur, "cleansed," and is rooted in the earliest Greek versions of the Old Testament—the Septuagint and Theodotion, which read Katharisthesetai, "shall be cleansed."

The theologians that rely on one translation because it supports the doctrine created at the time that this was a prominent translation, are on very shaky ground. First, subsequent versions of the Bible are not translations that have weakened the original text. With so many translations we have the ability to gain a better understanding of the original intention, rather than when there was one prominent version study. Additionally, when subsequent versions appear in the not support the original doctrine. Rather than the Likud doctrine people say that the versions of the Bible are wrong. It also is suspicious as an organization that we would produce our own version "the Clear word," and add our unique doctrine to the Bible itself. Even though, we tell others that it's not really a version of the Bible but a paraphrase, in fact it is called the clear word, is misleading.

As a reasonable person, when a person begins to explain a complicated doctrine in such a way that one would need a degree in theology to fully understand it, they should suspect that there is an underlying motive. The message of God's salvation is very simple.

Leon

Thanks Leon for making your point of view so clear. It is good to see you are using the Bible I was beginning to wonder if you did have any regard for the scriptures at all. The Clear Word Bible was a Project of Dr. Jack Blanco and not sponsored by the church. It has been roundly condemned by many even SDA mebers. Although in fairness to Dr. Blanco he said that his translation was not meant as a study bible.

As a reasonable person, when a person begins to explain a complicated doctrine in such a way that one would need a degree in theology to fully understand it, they should suspect that there is an underlying motive. The message of God's salvation is very simple.”

As you say the message of salvation is simple indeed. And I praise God for His love for us sinners that we will be able to understand the provisions God have given to us about salvation. And Quite rightly to some it is not given to fully understand the IJ. And that is quite OK because understanding the IJ is not a given for salvation. Newer the less I think it is important to understand the nuts and bolts of salvation, as best as we can because it is after all a doctrine of the SDA church. It is clear to me you do not like it, and that is a matter for you and your maker. As I pointed out elsewhere in this thread if it had not been for Hiram Edson and E G White the Church may not have came to that understanding ever.

May I recommend Pr. Clifford Goldstein's book 1844 Made Simple Pacific Press

Hell Ian

I don't think the "clear word," has been condemmed by many SDA's and continued to be published by our major publishing house. Unfortunately, keeping misinformation in church does not help to promote the truth, but only fortifies false doctrine. I agree, with you that the message of salvation is simple, and we should keep it. The nuts and bolts of any individual salvation is between them and the Holy Spirit. We should not be dictating to others the details and what it takes to be saved. Also, while I believe the doctors like the IJ, it distorts the character of God and therefore hinders our relationship with Him. One should know that Christ died for this and, at the cross they were completely forgiven. They should understand when they become born again and accept the Holy Spirit in their lives, and are willing to submit to his will they are guaranteed salvation plain and simple. No need for additional ministry, investigative judgment for ourselves or for Angels, or for the universe, we are completely reconciled with God through Jesus Christ.

Leon  

jay,

Dan.9 gives the seventy week prophesy which leads to the Messiah and the destruction of Jerusalem. The starting date is given without question. It is not a prophecy about 1844 and the IJ.

Keith

Dan. 9 has a starting date leading to the Messiah. The seventy week prophecy is complete in it's self.

Keith

Romans 5: “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so,but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE ATONEMENT according to the revelation given to Paul the apostle. So there is a contradiction between Paul’s revelation and Edson’s revelation. As I previouly stated Hebrews also that Jesus entered in ONCE into the temple for our sins. Past tense for atonement, sins, justification, salvation, as well as sealed with the holy spirit as stated in Ephesians 1: “In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted,after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Peter warns us:

2Pe 3:15  and the long-suffering of our Lord count ye salvation, according as also our beloved brother Paul—according to the wisdom given to him—did write to you,

2Pe 3:16  as also in all the epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, among which things are certain hard to be understood, which the untaught and unstable do wrest, as also the other Writings, unto their own destruction.

The revelation given to Paul by Jesus Christ was hidden sacred secrets since the world began, revealed only in this dispensation for the obedience of us as stated in Romans chapter 16:

Rom 16:25  And to Him who is able to establish you, according to my good news, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the secret, in the times of the ages having been kept silent,

Rom 16:26  and now having been made manifest, also, through prophetic writings, according to a command of the age-during God, having been made known to all the nations for obedience of faith—

Rom 16:27  to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, to him be glory to the ages. Amen.

Paul is recognized by God, scholars, and most believers as an inspired Apostle, given revelation and authority by God through Jesus Christ. Edson, only some SDA believe in him and his “convenient revelation.”

His revelation contradicts whole books from Romans onward, and no where did God speak through the first century church of investigatory judgment, or of probation or of a door being closed. But the sacred secrets were revealed to Paul the apostle whom you do not believe.

YOU BELIEVE EDSON, BUT NOT PAUL THE APOSTLE. ARE YOU BETTING YOUR ETERNAL REWARDS ON EDSON, WHILE REJECTING THE WORD OF GOD GIVEN TO PAUL DIRECTLY FROM JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF?

WHERE IS THE SOLID BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING? SO HIRAM EDSON IS SOLID BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING? I can’t find the Book of Hiram Edson anywhere in the Bible, nor reference to him or his revelation in the Bible. Neither do I find EGW for that matter?

I can not find Sunday in the Bible but Happy Clappers are Keeping it. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service