Adventist Online

The SDA 28 Fundamentals has IJ as one of those pillars that upholds the platform we stand on. To my surprise I have noted some of the saints around here do not think there is any Investigative Judgement. So let us see if there is a Investigative Judgement or not. I have also noted that the same Saints do not subscribe to the writings of E G White. So I would prefer that we use the Bible only.

The SDA church does have the Investigative Judgement as one of its 28 fundamentals Quoting:

24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent. (Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

28 fundamental Beliefs sdanet.org

The hour of the evening sacrifice arrives. The priest stands in the court of the Temple in Jerusalem ready to offer a lamb as sacrifice. As he raises the knife to kill the victim, the earth convulses. Terrified, he drops the knife and the lamb escapes. Over the din of the earthquake he hears a loud ripping noise as an unseen hand rends the veil of the Temple from top to bottom. What did the tearing of the veil really mean?

Across town, black clouds enshroud a cross. When Jesus, the Passover Lamb of God, calls out, "It is finished!" He dies for the sins of the world.

Type has met antitype. The very event the Temple services have pointed to through the centuries has taken place. The Saviour has completed His atoning sacrifice, and because symbol has met reality, the rituals foreshadowing this sacrifice have been superseded. Thus the rent veil, the dropped knife, the escaped lamb.

But there is more to salvation history. It reaches beyond the cross. Jesus' resurrection and ascension direct our attention to the heavenly sanctuary, where, no longer the Lamb, He ministers as priest. The once-for-all sacrifice has been offered (Heb. 9:28); now He makes available to all the benefits of this atoning sacrifice.

I have noted some of the saints here saying that the atonement was fulfilled on the cross. I wonder how this could be correct? We have many texts telling us that there is an ongoing Investigative Judgement happening in the heavenly courts at this very moment.

Views: 5905

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You keep saying you can't exclude the 2300days from what's being explained in Dan. 8 and 9 but you never explain why. Remember my mind set, I have traveled with Ken Cox for years and listened to him preach on the subject. You need some sort of a reason for putting the 2300days and the seventy weeks together other than just to make it fit into 1844.

Keith

Reasoning,

I have written my view out twice today and lost it in the editing process so guess it wasn't meant to be.

My point s this. You have told me what you believe and I have told you how I believe.

If you are at peace with your understanding, that  is between you and God. What I believe should have no effect on you.

If I feel you way is not biblical  by all means I should not accept it. The same goes for.

This is not a salvation issue, but accepting beliefs without a conviction is.

God bless have to run,

Keith

Keith

How could she be at 1919 conference when she died 1915 may I ask?

Lol. They will say anything to bring down the organization

Jason

I have noticed some strange arguments from some but this is just over the top.

They say?

She wasn't, I said to look up what was said about it in the 1919 bible. The minutes of the conference were not released  for many years but are now any one can have access to them. The minutes say that the conference president  went to visit Sr. White and ask her about the dates of the 2300 days. He says she was having a fair day and was able to answer some questions. He asked  about the dates for the 2300 days and she answered him that she knew what she was shown and the dates were correct. It didn't say what year he visited her but obviously it was before 1915.

Read the minutes from the 1919 bible  conference in the EG White estate. the conference was for teachers in our schools, pastors and conference leaders. It was mainly about how to handle the SOP being taught in our schools, with students asking question about controversial teachings. Everyone needs to read the minutes of the conference in order to have a better understanding  about the SOP. It's not offensive and won't shake you faith.

Keith

Who is pastor Bohr?

Hello Reasoning

You should say the bible according to my interpretation. It is prideful and arrogant, to assume that your interpretation gives you better insight than those who have also read the Bible. I know that you realize that other people are also reading the Bible but have different understandings of the text. I hope you also realize that there is no perfect knowledge available to us human beings, therefore we must be fully reliant on the Holy Spirit or interpretation, especially regarding content. It may be too few to look at pastors who do not confirm your belief or present the alternative. Without understanding the alternative, how do you not know if you are guilty of confirmatory bias. It is easy to gather information that is consistent with what you are Know. I am challenging you to look at other information and consider it. I'm also challenging to look at the critics of the entity whether or not they have a valid point of view, even if you disagree with it.

Leon

Peace,

Herbert: "You should say the bible according to my interpretation. It is prideful and arrogant, to assume that your interpretation gives you better insight than those who have also read the Bible. I know that you realize that other people are also reading the Bible but have different understandings of the text. I hope you also realize that there is no perfect knowledge available to us human beings, therefore we must be fully reliant on the Holy Spirit or interpretation, especially regarding content."

The Bible shows clear connection that the 2300 days plays a part in what was being explained in chapter 9 of Daniel. I'm sorry you don't see that or choose not to see it.. That's on you.. You have a view, which I believe is a D. Ford understanding on when the 2300 days started and ended, I see no Bible Truth in that.. The Bible gives the start time for the 2300 days. 

Daniel didn't understand the vision of the 2300 days, and it says it right in verse 27 of Daniel 8. I'm not being arrogant, it's just a fact!

Dan.8:26 " And the vision of the evening and morning [2300 days] which was told is true: wherefore shut up the vision; for it shall be for many days."

Dan.8:27 "And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it."

Then Gabriel comes back to explain the vision in chapter 9!

Dan.9:22 "And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding."

Then in Dan.10:1 Daniel now understands the vision!

So, what was explain in chapter 9 put everything in it's context for Daniel, and again, Daniel understood.

Dan.10:1 "In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision."

I'm sorry if you think I'm being arrogant, but again, these are clear Bible facts here Herbert. Take time to look at the link to Pastor Bohr's video on this subject.. He breaks it down using clear Bible Truth.

Blessings!!

Why don't you explain why the seventy week prophecy has an exact starting date. Straight forward, no problem .but no starting date in given for the 2300 days.

You posted a picture this morning that said if we believe EGW is a messenger of God, that will keep us from being deceived in the last days. If we believe that, it should be easy enough to believe Ellen White when she said she knew what she was shown and the date for the 2300 days is correct.

That should put an end to any questions. Do you believe her on this subject or not?

Keith

Peace,

Keith: "Why don't you explain why the seventy week prophecy has an exact starting date. Straight forward, no problem .but no starting date in given for the 2300 days. You posted a picture this morning that said if we believe EGW is a messenger of God, that will keep us from being deceived in the last days. If we believe that, it should be easy enough to believe Ellen White when she said she knew what she was shown and the date for the 2300 days is correct.That should put an end to any questions. Do you believe her on this subject or not?"

Yes, the message that EGW accepted by the preaching of Bro. Miller was shown to her to be correct. It has been explained to you Keith.. I can take it step by step if you like.

When we read,

Dan.8:26 " And the vision of the evening and morning [2300 days] which was told is true: wherefore shut up the vision; for it shall be for many days."

Dan.8:27 "And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it."

Can we agree the 2300 day time prophecy vision wasn't explained in chapter 8 to Daniel, and that it wasn't understood by Daniel?

Simple "Straight forward" question Keith!

Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by