Adventist Online

The SDA 28 Fundamentals has IJ as one of those pillars that upholds the platform we stand on. To my surprise I have noted some of the saints around here do not think there is any Investigative Judgement. So let us see if there is a Investigative Judgement or not. I have also noted that the same Saints do not subscribe to the writings of E G White. So I would prefer that we use the Bible only.

The SDA church does have the Investigative Judgement as one of its 28 fundamentals Quoting:

24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent. (Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

28 fundamental Beliefs sdanet.org

The hour of the evening sacrifice arrives. The priest stands in the court of the Temple in Jerusalem ready to offer a lamb as sacrifice. As he raises the knife to kill the victim, the earth convulses. Terrified, he drops the knife and the lamb escapes. Over the din of the earthquake he hears a loud ripping noise as an unseen hand rends the veil of the Temple from top to bottom. What did the tearing of the veil really mean?

Across town, black clouds enshroud a cross. When Jesus, the Passover Lamb of God, calls out, "It is finished!" He dies for the sins of the world.

Type has met antitype. The very event the Temple services have pointed to through the centuries has taken place. The Saviour has completed His atoning sacrifice, and because symbol has met reality, the rituals foreshadowing this sacrifice have been superseded. Thus the rent veil, the dropped knife, the escaped lamb.

But there is more to salvation history. It reaches beyond the cross. Jesus' resurrection and ascension direct our attention to the heavenly sanctuary, where, no longer the Lamb, He ministers as priest. The once-for-all sacrifice has been offered (Heb. 9:28); now He makes available to all the benefits of this atoning sacrifice.

I have noted some of the saints here saying that the atonement was fulfilled on the cross. I wonder how this could be correct? We have many texts telling us that there is an ongoing Investigative Judgement happening in the heavenly courts at this very moment.

Views: 5952

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Good topic..

Right now we are living in the Anti Tipical Day of Atonenment. Now is the time that we most put sin aside.

Investigative Judgment-

We must have a total transformation.  Also we must have proper confessions of sins.  Double confession if we have injured someone else and God by our own sinful way, Single confession if it was private and we injured only ourselves and God.  Great Controversy on Facing Life's Record.  Also "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  1 John 1:9 NKJV.

The confession needs to be specific and heart-felt.  Many saints will do these things.  & we will enter into eternal life full and free.

We must allow the Holy Spirit to do its work of transformation of the mind and heart.

They were really great Bible texts Jason put together on judgment. Some might confuse judgement with investigative judgement?

I note Elijah started this thread way back in 2014.

Walter Veith tells us the OT stories have meanings of GOD doing things again and again in the last days of time.

So for investigate judgement during the end of time, during the Sunday law decree for example, these Bible texts come to mind:

Eze 8:10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.

As sad as I feel for my Church, the Bible describes our Church following the same mistakes as the old OT Church so long ago.

Eze 8:16 And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD'S house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the West; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

This already happens ignorantly in many SDA churches, and something I personally look out for, when I enter a SDA church, the direction of the altar facing the east, or west? Of course for the sheep going to church we may not know, but our architects chose to follow the Satanic designs and face our altars of prayer towards the East. This is only a physical symbol, but sadly even spiritually many SDA people turn from Jesus in the West to another "jesus in the east".

Some could say even building a church facing a particular direction, is not a salvific issue? All you people who go to Churches, all over the world, which direction does the altar of prayer on the rostrum face?

Eze 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
 3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

Now this from the text is not a cherub, but a man clothed in linen, having a writers inkhorn in his hand. Standing near the altar where prayers ascend before the Father.

Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Notice the Father-YHWH tells this "Man"  to go throughout the city of Jerusalem and set a mark on their foreheads, that cry against these abominations, in the SDA Church.

Eze 12:2 Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.

The reason for the investigate judgement is to sort out the rebellious from those who truly follow the Lord.

Eze 12:27 Son of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he seeth is for many days to come, and he prophesieth of the times that are far off.
 28 Therefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; There shall none of my words be prolonged any more, but the word which I have spoken shall be done, saith the Lord GOD.

This investigate judgement was once a far off, but closer to us today, as the Sunday decree approaches.

Eze 13:3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

Sad

Eze 13:10 ¶ Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

Our Church hides issues from us, a cover up, seduce my people...

Eze 14:3 Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face:

Again notice why the investigative judgment happens:

Eze 14:6 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.

Notice the rebuke to us in our Church

Eze 14:11 That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, saith the Lord GOD.

After a time our Church become pure again

Eze 14:21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

Our church was once the people of the book, a sword, now we don't read books and SOP , famine, the Sunday noisome beast One World Government is coming, and pestilence to those who refuse the mark of the beast, but cling to Jesus mark instead.

Eze 14:22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant....

Shalom

So-called "revelation" must be compared with the Word of God. It will not contradict scripture that is written to the dispensation (administration) that a person is in, that is the oikonomia, Greek for the administration of a household which is translated dispensation, as the different periods in the Bible are different administrations set up by God as He establishes them in administering his household through the agency of believers and prophets, Apostles such as Paul who received from God this dispensation. The revelation by Edson contradicts whole books of the Bible in principle and in verses and context.

I already quoted Hebrews 9. Romans says we have the righteousness of God without works, but by faith. No man knows, not even Jesus knows the Day and Hour of his return. God has to tell Jesus when to return. So how could any man know or calculate? The date was changed, then a "new revelation" conveniently comes in just in time to save face. How revelationally convenient? Some people believe things that men say is revelation, but don't believe what the Word says that is written directly to them.

True we have righteousness without works But in the book of James, it says this. 

Jas 2:14  What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 
Jas 2:15  If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 
Jas 2:16  And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 
Jas 2:17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 
Jas 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 

Concerning Edson, you would not have the faintest idea about the Sanctuary. And as a Happy Clapper, you will never understand. As the investigative judgment goes against Happy Clapper doctrines. If you can not understand why you should keep Sabbath you will never understand the Investigative Judgment 

I will close this thread because of one member is polluting it with stuff that is not even relating to the discussion.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service