Adventist Online

Will God raise all the aborted children in the end of time? Or it is just a fetus as doctors call it?

I beheld mothers with their infants in their arms come to the flaming bar; the bodies of the infants become like transparent gold, and on wings of flaming fire, they passed the bar, singing with lovely voices, and the unholy mothers, crying for mercy, would sink below.
Foy, William Ellis (1818-1893). P 18.
It seems to me that God will save the children of evil mothers.
But will God raise even the infants that were destroyed before seeing the light of day?

Views: 2764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ecclesiastes 6 comes pretty close, don't you think?

And what about this:

The Lord has often instructed me that many little ones are to be laid away before the time of trouble. We shall see our children again. We shall meet them and know them in the heavenly courts.—Selected Messages 2:259 (1899).

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months by his parents, because they saw he was a goodly child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.  Hebrews 11:23 

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment  Hebrews 11:23 

The woman became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a healthy child, she hid him for three months Exodus 2:2

According to the Targumist (k), his mother went with him but six months, at the end of which he was born, and that she hid him three months, which made up the nine, the time in which a woman usually goes with child; and after that she could conceal him no longer: the hiding of him is here ascribed to both his parents, though in Exodus 2:2

Marko L:

Ecclesiastes 6 comes pretty close, don't you think?

And what about this:

The Lord has often instructed me that many little ones are to be laid away before the time of trouble. We shall see our children again. We shall meet them and know them in the heavenly courts.—Selected Messages 2:259 (1899).

She's telling parents, who've lost their children, to some illness, that they will see them again.  This is not saying every child that dies, in the whole world, gets eternal life.

1 Cor.  7:14    For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Well said.

rush, so applying your understanding of 1 Cor 7:14 to husband and wife means that the unbelieving spouse will go to heaven just because their partner is saved ("is sanctified")? Or maybe ("else...") everyone will die second death if their spouse is no believer? If this is what you are trying to say - it is either a contradiction in itself or against biblical testimony.

Read the verse in context and you will find out what Paul was trying to say. He was talking about daily marital life between a believer and a non-believer - and the fact that living a godly life and not divorcing gives you a chance of winning your spouse for the Lord. How do the children come in? Well, looking at the context by the same principle: Winning them for the Lord.

Also, I have never stated that every child that dies gets eternal life. I pointed to Ecclesiastes 6 where the preacher talks about the "rest" that a stillborn will have - comparing that to the "rest" of a grown man. And I do know that God will not judge one soul on the basis of another. Read Ezekiel 18 for that. Instead, His judgement is just and will do justice to the child - no matter how it had to die.

Ezekiel 18 here it is.

Verse 20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son.

Verse 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

And Paul says in Romans 2:He will render to each one according to his works

Now, I'm not sure, but I doubt that an unborn has done evil works to condemn it. I do not know what good works an unborn could have done either - if this a criterion for being saved.

Aquila and Jason have put forward a very interesting concept that God might let those who were before self-consciousness be as though they never lived. And we also have the statement above that we shall meet and (get to) know deceased children in heaven. I'd say it is a legitimate interpretation to say that these children did not have a developed character of their own at the time of their passing - hence the part about knowing them, not just meeting them (again).

You guys are saying the same thing Marko, adults must accept Jesus in order to be saved.

In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over by observing your pure and reverent lives. peter 3:1,2

It's personal....between the Woman and the Lord.

you mean when neither the woman nor the baby like is at risk ? this is manslaughter, sorry i meant babyslaughter 

jason

I agree completely. It would not be safe to slaughter children.

How about the father?  How about the baby?   How about the Lord ?

Thou shalt not murder !

It is amazing how those that speak of life and love believe in neither.

what about those who got pregnant because of a horrible crime done to them - rape! do they have to stay pregnant and have the baby in this situation? is it a sin regardless of the situation? and what if the child or adult is not well enough to go through with it or raise the baby he/she is born?

now with this question - am just wondering what you think - am not saying here that I know for sure its okay to have an abortion in this situation. I really do not know but still feel not good about any abortions taking place. But do feel so sorry for those who got pregnant through rape - how do they handle this? especially if they don't believe and trust in God...

There is an option Rape victims have to prevent pregnancy and its called the 'pill' 

The morning-after pill can act as a contraceptive by stopping ovulation and therefore preventing fertilisation. It may also alter the motility of sperm in the fallopian tube and prevent it from meeting the egg. The morning-after pill can also act as an early abortifacient. It attacks the womb's lining, so that if fertilization has already taken place the newly-created embryo is unable to implant.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service