Adventist Online

HOW DO you know if they be real friends personaly ,especially if u live across the seas or hundreds of miles away?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I made a friend online who lives hundreds of miles away and we have a really good friendship that has lasted more than 3 years. I tell her all my secrets and I use her as a shoulder to cry on. She supports me when I am low and I try to support her too. I know that we have a real friendship. However out of more than 20 people that I have met online, she is the only one that has remained a friend through the years.
Some people meet on line and become ffriends - online friends which I think is different from friends we talk to in person.
Online, you are not really sure who you are talking to. Names and pictures could be fake. Some people might not even be what they say they are. While others could be genuine people. Who knows?
Yes, I agree with you on that Sis. Melinda. Sometimes, they can't be trusted too because they are revealing a false identity or untruthful facts about them. One of these examples is using not their own photo...", But just that mere fact, I can't trust them...",
Yes, I agree with Melinda... Who knows right?
Yesterday, the funeral of Gail Joseph was conducted, to dispose of the strangled,decomposed corpse that was fished out of the Manzanilla river on Wednesday last.
She had gone on a date, last Sunday, to celebrate her 40th birthday, with a friend whom she had met on the internet social network, 'Tagged".
The male companion, now assisting the police with the investigation, claims that while liming on the beach, she had gone to the car to retrieve something but never returned. She leaves four daughters to mourn her untimely passing.
While I am sure that all network generated relationships would not end in similar fashion, this is more than adequate warning for those who are self preservationists.
This is nothing short of a BLIND date, since there is no way to guarantee that the information supplied through the network is accurate.
So make new friends but keep the old: the one is silver, the other gold.
Be safe - Be wise
come come come now why all the pessimists in here . u mean TO SAY LIKE IN HERE U HAVE KNOWN SOMEONE FOR A GOOD TIME AND U STILL LWOULD NOT TRUST THEM?? . RONNE, ( TON TON ) I HOW LONG HAVE I KNOWN U IN ADVENTIST HALL?? U HAVE SEEN MY PICTURE ONLY! N YET IF I WERE T O SHOW UP IN DAVAO WOULD U NOT GREET me a s a friend n brother ?,
WHERE IS YOUR Heart ? . I hav e talke d with Idunno maybe 50 young ladies or maybe 100 as a friend n many older ones too in a chat format many times they ask to have me add the m to yahoo too just to talk .. ;
In here i have met and teased many not because I out to win their confidence for altier motives but to be a friend..
I met my fiance Evelyn in Adventist hall too n soo many others in their have met a man or women also and have fallen in love ,, and are plannoing to be marie dor are already married .. tim and raquel billy and maria seth n bernadete shay n mark MY young friend err me tcai in their in the hall n i dont see him or her saying I can not trust him or her .. . JUST BECAUSE U HAVE not met in person does not mean they not real.. IF i dont return from the hpilippines n it was all a hoax it i ok . God is in control n when u pray n have faith using what the Holy Sppirit has provided what is their to fear except fear itself.. . I met a young woman once in the hall she was haha! a little spirited !months went by n i seen her screen name pop up in the chat room again said high an good bye . a few more month swent by n i see here again this time with some kool profikle pics time lapse or 3 d or jazz i commented on her picture saying the y were great n iliked how she put herself in a photo with jesus lookin at her !next thing i know she adds me to yahoo n she is my niece .. . she is a 1000 missionary volunteer that was stationed in korea..
SHE ALONG WITH OTHERS i have met want t o meet me and evelyn when I ge ttheir .. is this because I be rich or have conned them into believing I be someone I am a not ??
I be 57 years old I don. t have much money . I have taught primaruy bible classes in church for year s and wa swell loved by students and parents alike .. AM I PERFECT ? ARE YOU?? AM I trusting yes .. do w e believe in Gods promises or not simple. yes or no .. ? ARE THEIR RISKS INVOLVED IN BEING AFRIEND?? YES .. . b ewatchful be careful but als o be open .
Online relationships do not replace real social interaction
Social networking interactions are no replacement for real-world bonding between friends. Real-world friends build commonality and trust based on shared personal experiences. Bike rides, hiking trips, shopping experiences, skipping school, dance parties... These mutual histories form true friendships based on common experiences that reinforce shared worldviews, an important foundation for any lasting friendship.

Such experiences are utterly lacking in the online world. Hurling photos, movie links and clever chat quips into the vast void of the public 'net is no replacement for private, shared events witnessed and remembered with your friend at your side.

This is why the internet, while it appears to be connecting us, is actually driving us apart. We are friends online but strangers in the street. We live in boxed houses, year after year, never even knowing the names of those souls who live right next door. We stand in line at the grocery store like automatons, afraid to make eye contact with anyone other than the cashier, for which eye contact is "safe" -- but only at the appropriate moment, after the previous customer has cleared the space and handed it off to you.

The people who physically live closest to us are, in reality, our greatest strangers. We don't know their interests, their favorite bands or recipes, or their intimate secrets. Those details are more readily shared online, usually in an attempt to replicate the feelings of intimacy and bonding where no such bonding is realistically possible. A stranger on the 'net who knows your deepest desires is not necessarily your friend, even if they follow you on Twitter. They might just be some future stalker.

It this age of great digital connectedness, we increasingly find ourselves clinging to illusions of intimacy, adrift in a sea of anonymity, surrounded by the great faceless, nameless masses from which no commonality can be extracted.
ARE YOU FOR REAL? CAN YOU BE TOUCHED?
yes I am real and I an be touched how about you ?/ ARE U A ILLUSION THEN ?? LET US GET REAL FOLKS WE LIVE IN A DIGITAL AGE OK?? DO we not have online teachers>>? DO we as seventh day Adventists believe in befriending someone from every nation peoples n tongues too?
Why is anyone that is a member in here then ? I s everyone in here a social outcast or a misfit too?? I am real an IN Adventist online their is a ministry t o perform as well as in Adventist hall. Is befriending someone wrong regardless of weather or not u may or may not see them in person?
How many have come to know Jesus a savior n Lord through the internet or over the radio or tv and yet have never sen or met their benafactor in person?? CAN U ANSWER THIS THEN ? If the internet chat rooms such as Adventist online and Adventist hall and other Adventist rooms JUST THE DEVILS playground n not a ministry?
I met the woman who will be my wife in the near future IN Adventist hall almost 1 year ago n i will be a father to her son too .. hehe!! I LOOKING forward to this time with deep anticiapation too n think also in Adventist online it too will be a mjnistry where. o thers can also meet friends n they cna meet n ge tto know each other all for the Lords honor n glory.. . think what u like but I am real as k those in here i will meet while i am in the philippines . take care all ..

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service