Adventist Online

Clark P, my brother.

I was wondering - do you think that it may be wise to place our principles in the terms?

We can't have anything posted on this site.

I truly believe that allowing things on here which are directly against the Bible, causes problems.

We need to be more strict with the terms. If this site is named Adventist Online, then we need to uphold our beliefs - not just our treatment of each other.

What do you think?

Views: 1921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alex, 

I will keep praying for you as well as all God's children and this site as well.

You keep standing for truth.

Many won't agree with everything you say but at the end of the day God is the judge of our character.

Should there be something that He wants us to change He will show us.

This is not the time to apologise for speaking truth in love, this is time to make sure we remain connected to God.

Blessings my brother...keep the faith

Wow !!!

After reading some more comments, I wonder if I'm misunderstanding something. 

Since when did it become our responsibility to talk about sin with the sinner ? I thought Jesus was the Savior and that we were supposed to direct ALL sinners to Him.

Is it possible that we are now so confused in these last days that we actually believe that there is benefit to be gained by discussing sin with sinners or discussing the sins of sinners ? What has happened to us ? 

The soul does not become more and more like Christ by beholding evil, but like the evil which it beholds. {RH, August 15, 1893 par. 4}  

If we allow the mind to dwell upon the imperfections and moral deformities of others, we ourselves shall become depraved in character, and mentally one-sided and unbalanced. But if the mind dwells upon the perfect life of Christ, and the thoughts and conversation are centered upon him, we shall be changed to the same image.  {ST, May 4, 1888 par. 10}  

Victory over sin is not gained by focusing on the sin, it is obtained by steadfastly beholding the Sin-bearer and exalting Him, not by beholding or discussing sin. Discussing homosexuality and exploring the feelings of homosexuals sounds incredible for a people with so much guidance and loving counsel at our disposal. Why not simply obey God and do as He has instructed us to do with those who indulge homosexuality or any sin for that matter. Speak to them of the love of God and the power of God to deliver from any sin.

It does not matter whether it was inherited or cultivated, genes or habit, God is able to deliver anyone from ANY SIN. The gospel is the power of God but sometimes we speak and act about certain sins as if we don't believe God can deliver a person from the sin.

Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome ALL hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church.  {DA 671.2} 

All who truly believe will confess and forsake their sins. They will cooperate with Christ in the work of bringing their hereditary and cultivated tendencies to wrong under the control of the divine will, so that sin shall not have dominion over them. {OHC 117.3} 

We should encourage ourselves and other sinners with this wonderful truth and avail ourselves of the offered power.

To the soul weary of a life of sin, but knowing not where to find relief, present the compassionate Saviour. Take him by the hand, lift him up, speak to him words of courage and hope. Help him to grasp the hand of the Saviour.  {MH 168.2}  

Some will be found whose minds have been so long debased that they will never in this life become what under more favorable circumstances they might have been. But the bright beams of the Sun of Righteousness may shine into the soul. It is their privilege to have the life that measures with the life of God. Plant in their minds uplifting, ennobling thoughts. Let your life make plain to them the difference between vice and purity, darkness and light. In your example let them read what it means to be a Christian. {MH 169.1}

A pure and noble life, a life of victory over appetite and lust, is possible to everyone who will unite his weak, wavering human will to the omnipotent, unwavering will of God.  {MH 176.3}  

There is actually much more detailed counsel to us about how to relate to those who have the sin of homosexuality to contend with. We can be a blessing to them but not by acting upon what WE think should be done. We must trust the Lord and follow His guidance in laboring for those who are beset by this sin.

Amen Tyrone!

Amen Tyrone!  Thank you for directing us to such clear guidance...

Thanks Tyrone.  I hear the counsel that sends us back to the basics...back to the truth, I am the way the truth and the life...If you love me keep my commandments... and to the 3 Angels' Messages.  We easily turn into what we behold.

Every one of Tyrones quotes proves why we should probably NOT be having all the discussions that do not uplift and edify.. And MsMS is right. This is not the time for bickering amongst ourslves, but to be working, hand in hand, to reach all those who do not know what is shortly to befall us. They need to know His love and a place to come to rest and BE edified.

I know that is what I came here for. Brothers and sisters, I have come for encouragement from my brothers and sisters! I have come to learn, and just maybe, to teach!

But, Adventism has become quite precious to me as of the last few years. I mourn the loss of easier times, when all this seemed so cut and dried.

We KNEW what was right and what was wrong.. Now the world is upside down. And we actually must consider if we TRULY think these things are as right as we once did, or as wrong..  

At a time when we should be firmly anchored, and actively seeking OTHERS, we are still deciding WHAT WE BELIEVE...

It was ok that we knew what was right and what was wrong.. All those people for all those years, in our denomination, were not ignorant. They were not mislead. They, our SDA pioneers, were kinda like Adam and Eve, in that they had FRESH insights STRAIGHT from GOD Himself!!

And we are watching them be watered down to succor the masses.. THIS CANNOT be good..

What happened yesterday, Obama accepting homosexuality, and saying the marriage OF homosexuals is just the same as hetrosexual marriages,this is a scary step we are watching, people.

The truths that I am seeing say this is possibly our last president. They say that we could degenerate at a rate unprecedented and the molly coddled masses are in NO way prepared.. And that goes for those of us who refuse to see something wrong with something the Bible says is wrong.. If we are against Biblical doctrines NOW, God help us..

Hmmm!
Eddie, my brother in christ. May the Lord of heaven bless you. I stand here and admire all the strength the Lord has been pleased to give you. I love your tenacity.
I am with you 100%. I've long seen this agenda.

Secondly, when you post a question here online it should be expected that you are prepared for the replies others are willing to give. We cannot all agree on an issue. But pushing sin is another story. The bible says by their fruits you will know them, not by their words. Asking someone if he is pushing an agenda is a waste of time for me, since i know what that person will say.
When i see you and MsMS. Standing for the right, i'm trully strengthened. God bless you.
There is hope for everyone of us, but only in one way- by fastening ourselves to christ and exerting every energy to attain to the perfection of his character. This goody-goody religion that makes light of sin, and that is forever dwelling upon the love of God to the sinner, encourages sinners to believe that God will save them while they continue in sin and know it to be sin. This is the way that many are doing who profess to believe present truth. {CTr 81.2}

I pray that no one is confusing actually treating a person as human (showing love) with the mindset that "all you need is love" to be Saved....I may be missing something (possible) but that has never be stated or implied in any posts.

The reason for ClarkP's frustration and embarassment has been centered around people justifying their brand of "truth" by stating that it is open season to humiliate, belittle, and mock those who see differently...When I read your post, to me, that was a better fit and more applicable comparison.

Christian life is more than many take it to be. It does not consist wholly in gentleness, patience, meekness, and kindliness. These graces are essential; but there is need also of courage, force, energy, and perseverance. The path that Christ marks out is narrow, self-denying path. To enter that path and press on through difficulties and discouragements requires men who are more than weaklings.
{MH 497.1}

What if I could speak all languages of humans and of angels? If I did not love others, I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.   What if I could prophesy and understand all secrets and all knowledge? And what if I had faith  that moved mountains? I would be nothing, unless I loved others.  What if I gave away all  that I owned and let myself be burned alive?  I would gain nothing, unless I loved others. 

Love is kind and patient, 
never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude.  Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do.  Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails!"  1 Corinthians 13:1-8.  (BIBLE)

Sarah...,

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by