Adventist Online

We got a new pastor who supposedly casts out demons. I hear he even talks to them, asking them what their name is; and then casts then out in the name of Jesus. I know that casting out demons is biblical; but I have never come across anyone with that ability. What do you think about that?

Views: 1560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it would seem to me that there was only one time in the bible that Jesus asked the demons what their name was and the demon said 'we are many' I don't believe it is necessary in all cases to engage the demon in any kind of a discussion; unless there are unusual circumstances and the Holy Spirit is doing the asking; how ever the Holy Spirit would know what kind of bondage that person is in; I do believe that the person who is having the problem should confess all sin; personal sin; and the sin's of their ancestors should be recognized; the word says that the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the 3rd and 4th generation.

mark 9

When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

Matthew 17:19-20, "Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief....

so even you brother if only you believe you can

Satan is the father of lies anyway so if a person were to engage a demon in conversation why would that person believe what the demon told him......they lie just as Satan lies.....asking them questions is getting into very dangerous ground

the bible say that in the last days will get up false prophets and will toss out devils, and others more things.

Excuse me, I had planned to respond to a question regarding the Ouija Board and realized this post might be helpful.  Please follow the link below to view the video presentation "Enchanted Ground" by Pastor Carlton Knox regarding pastors casting out demons.

Those who possess this idol (Exodus 20:4, 5) do not realize that they have entered into an active worship practice of Spiritualism (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quija_Board) with the familiar spirit (demon of Ouija) forbidden in scripture 2 Kings 23:24.  They have entered upon the "Enchanted Ground" an incur the wrath of God for breaking his commandments and participating in necromancy.

The Enchanted Ground

3 Angels LIVE HD Streaming Video Platforms
Dedication Weekend sermon by Pastor Carlton Knott

I have been wondering When The adventist Pastors would start With Christ's guidance and direction to help people who is tormented by demons.... Jesus certainly wanted these people to be helped!!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service