Adventist Online

As inquiries have been coming into our office about the relationship of Daniel Mesa with Secrets Unsealed, we feel that a word of clarification is in order. 
The marketing department of Secrets Unsealed hired Daniel Mesa on May 27, 2014, however, on December 6, 2016, the ministry terminated Daniel’s employment for a variety of reasons. 
We would like to make it clear that neither Pastor Bohr nor anyone else at Secrets Unsealed shares Daniel’s theological views of the Godhead, particularly his understanding of the personhood and nature of the Holy Spirit, which we believe are at odds with Scripture, and the Spirit of Prophecy. Matthew 28:18-20 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 (among many other verses) indisputably teach that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead each in unity with the other and that all three are God in the highest sense. Ellen White is likewise clear: 
“There are three living persons of the heavenly trio. In the name of these three powers, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will cooperate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.” Bible Training School, March 1, 1906
Although we can see the work and fruit of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Prophecy has warned us not to delve into forbidden paths such as trying to explain the Holy Spirit’s nature—what or who He is:
“The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.” Acts of the Apostles, p. 52
Secrets Unsealed likewise teaches that Jesus is the Divine Son of God, co-substantial with the Father and sharing His nature. Our position is that Jesus is God in the highest sense, a person distinct from the Father yet equal with Him, in unity with Him, and sharing with Him all the divine attributes. We do not believe that Jesus was created at any point in eternity past for in Him is life ‘original, unborrowed, underived.’

Views: 2460

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It might be given for us to know the mysteries but that does not mean every mystery as been revealed yet. It would be way too much for us. We have a hard enough time just keeping the commandments and many have a difficult time even accepting the validity of the Bible and life of Christ. You don't teach a toddler algebra before it's ABC's.  Everything in due time. After all, we will have 1000 years in heaven and I am sure God will reveal many mysteries then.

The Holy Spirit is the source of truth. It's in the Bible, John 14:16-17, TLB. "He is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive Him, for it isn't looking for Him and doesn't recognize Him. But you do, for He lives with you now and some day shall be in you."

Receiving the Holy Spirit is referred to as the new birth. It's in the Bible, John 3:5-7, TLB. "Jesus replied, 'What I am telling you so earnestly is this: Unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. Men can only reproduce human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven; so don't be surprised at My statement that you must be born again!"

To receive the Holy Spirit, just ask then obey the Holy Spirit's leading. It's in the Bible, Luke 11:13, TLB. "And if even sinful persons like yourselves give children what they need, don't you realize that your heavenly Father will do at least as much, and give the Holy Spirit to those who ask for Him?" Acts 5:32, NIV says, "We are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

The Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead. It's in the Bible, Acts 5:3,4, NIV. "They Peter said, 'Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God.'"

The Holy Spirit was active in creation. It's in the Bible, Genesis 1:2 NKJV. "The earth was without form, and void; and darkness wason the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."

The Holy Spirit is a personal being. It's in the Bible, Ephesians 4:30, NKJV "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."

The Holy Spirit is God living in and among those who believe. It's in the Bible, Matthew 18:19-20, TLB. "I also tell you this—if two of you agree down here on earth concerning anything you ask for, My Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together because they are Mine, I will be right there among them."

The Holy Spirit gives comfort. It's in the Bible, Acts 9:31, NKJV.  "Then the churchesthroughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied."

The Holy Spirit is present in times of hardship. It's in the Bible, Matthew 10:19-20, TLB. "When you are arrested, don't worry about what to say at your trial, for you will be given the right words at the right time. For it won't be you doing the talking—it will be the Spirit of your heavenly Father speaking through you!"

The Holy Spirit helps us worship God. It's in the Bible, John 4:23-24, NIV. "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

The Holy Spirit helps with our prayers. It's in the Bible, Romans 8:26-27, NIV "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

The Holy Spirit gives the ability to talk about spiritual things with power. It's in the Bible, Acts 1:8, TLB. "But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about Me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the end of the earth, about my death and resurrection."

Freedom thanks for posting those texts that do show some aspects of the Holy Spirit. But Leon says he knows the Holy Spirit, I maintain we can never fully know The Holy Spirit except in the way that E G White said, we read the texts and then we apply our own human Ideas to the nature of The Holy Spirit. 

Ian

To be in a relationship means knowing, and we can know and experience the nature of the Holy Spirit. This does not mean that we dictate the actions of the Holy Spirit, or understand the inner workings of the Holy Spirit's thought processes.

Leon

Yes Leon that is what I was getting at we do not understand the nature of God so I can not understand how you can say you do? 

"We read the texts and then we apply OUR OWN HUMAN IDEAS TO THE NATURE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT." Caps for emphasis.

We do not apply our own ideas, but apply the written, spoken and revealed Word of God.

"We do not apply our own ideas"

LAUGHS and EYE ROLL, Caps for emphasis.

Where in the Bible does it give or say evidence of the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.

Scriptures please and why the least of the gifts.  If everyone speaks the same language why speak tongues and why do some fake it.  We all know Copeland and Hinn are fakes yet they speak in tongues.  Is their utterance from the Holy Spirit???????????????????????  God forbid. Then who is giving the tongues James???  Extra question marks for emphasis.

Fruit not Manifestation. The Bible says this and yet you keep repeating yourself.  Talk about human ideas.

Paul, Jesus, Peter, John, all the apostles, God and the holy spirit are all wrong and the scriptures are all wriong according to you.

"Thus saith The Lord, I do not take kindly to fools who blaspheme and revile my spirit which I have given for man's benefit, blaspheming in such a vile and evil manner shall not be taken lightly, you shall bear your judgment for blaspheming against my gift which you revile. Ananias and Sapphira lied against the holy spirit but did not blaspheme the spirit. You have cursed yourself in a most grevipus manner. You need to stop speaking evil of my spirit which my Son died for to enable man to be redeemed by faith and receiving my gift. You trample on what I have established, as though you know more than I?

Your arrogance and religion is vain, defiling by words my Holy things that I ordained and set for man's benefit. How dare you speak such blasphemy before me with no respect for my Word. Your heart is darkened. You like darkness, then shall have it in much abundance until you learn not to blaspheme my Word, my spirit and the manifestations that I set in the church, not man or religion."
James are you still receiving messages from God?

Is this message specifically for brother Bart from God?

He did the same to me some time ago and would you believe I am still alive. Maybe he is all bluster with no substance. 

James is either a prophet of God through whom God speaks to us or he is a liar who is heading for destruction or he is a madman. 

C. S. Lewis popularized the argument that Jesus was either a liar or a lunatic or the Lord. 

A person who claims to be God must belong to one of three categories:

First, if he claims to be God and yet in fact is not, he has to be a madman or a lunatic.

Second, if he is neither God nor a lunatic, he has to be a liar, deceiving others by his lie.

Third, if he is neither of these, he must be God.

You can only choose one of the three possibilities.

James, you don't have any scripture for what you believe do you?????

You just won't go there and you cannot.   How can all these false teacher and preachers speak in tongues? How can cult leaders speak in tongues?  This is the reason the Bible gives us a standard and the standard is not manifestations  it is the fruit.   

Especially in the last days it is not a sin to be skeptical of people who claim to be "Spirit Filled".  Jesus warns us to be skeptical.  I do not know you James but what you have just said is weird at best.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service