Adventist Online

As inquiries have been coming into our office about the relationship of Daniel Mesa with Secrets Unsealed, we feel that a word of clarification is in order. 
The marketing department of Secrets Unsealed hired Daniel Mesa on May 27, 2014, however, on December 6, 2016, the ministry terminated Daniel’s employment for a variety of reasons. 
We would like to make it clear that neither Pastor Bohr nor anyone else at Secrets Unsealed shares Daniel’s theological views of the Godhead, particularly his understanding of the personhood and nature of the Holy Spirit, which we believe are at odds with Scripture, and the Spirit of Prophecy. Matthew 28:18-20 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 (among many other verses) indisputably teach that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead each in unity with the other and that all three are God in the highest sense. Ellen White is likewise clear: 
“There are three living persons of the heavenly trio. In the name of these three powers, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will cooperate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.” Bible Training School, March 1, 1906
Although we can see the work and fruit of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Prophecy has warned us not to delve into forbidden paths such as trying to explain the Holy Spirit’s nature—what or who He is:
“The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.” Acts of the Apostles, p. 52
Secrets Unsealed likewise teaches that Jesus is the Divine Son of God, co-substantial with the Father and sharing His nature. Our position is that Jesus is God in the highest sense, a person distinct from the Father yet equal with Him, in unity with Him, and sharing with Him all the divine attributes. We do not believe that Jesus was created at any point in eternity past for in Him is life ‘original, unborrowed, underived.’

Views: 6353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JESUS is GOD by Nature but He is not the One True GOD of John 17:3, which is the FATHER. The confusion lies in the Trinity mostly, for no one can explain it, no one can understand it, the scholars are all in disagreement. Some say it is the Catholic doctrine that the SDA church believes in, like the White Horse Ministries, while others, like the pastor in the church I attend, says it is not. Since no one really knows what they believe in, then they believe in a mystery.

The Trinity camp has a logical challenge to their doctrine which says that the Trinity does not have a SON but contains a SON, therefore if we say that the Trinity is the One True GOD, which has a SON, then the question is, where is the SON and who is the SON of GOD? :) <3

JESUS is GOD by nature, but when He was here on earth He was here, not as GOD but as a Human. The Biblical Mystery is something that can be known. The pagan mystery cannot be known or understood. 

JESUS is the Only Begotten SON of GOD, fully GOD by nature but not in Personality. 

Brother, are you saying that you can explain what Divinity is? 

So what did Daniel Mesa do or say?

It is erroneous to accuse Bible believers of denying the divinity of Christ. Bible believers who question tge trinity doctrine within and without the SDA church do believe in the divinuty of Christ. The accusation is a falsehood and diverts attention fron attempts to probe the pagan roots of the false trinity doctrine. Bible believers also very much believe in the existence of the spirit of God and His Son.

Dan Some, maybe I should say most SDA bible believers also believes in God the Holy Spirit. I guess you did not study last quarter lessons on the Holy Spirit?

Numbers don't make a false doctrine true, nor a true doctrine false. The Pharisees and the crowd far outnunbered the few believers like Simon the Cyrene. Last quarter's lesson is one of those attempts to hoodwink, nay, force the church into accepting the false theory of the trinity. The lesson quarterly no longer stands as the voice of God on doctrine.

Very good Dan!

Stephen Bohr said:  "all three are God in the highest sense"

and:  "Our position is that Jesus is God in the highest sense"

What does that mean? "God in the highest sense"? Is he quoting from Inspiration, or is he making himself an authority?

Well, the phrase is not in the Bible, EGW, or Adventist pioneers.  "In the highest sense" is found, like:

"The whole nation of the Jews called God their Father, therefore they would not have been so enraged if Christ had represented Himself as standing in the same relation to God. But they accused Him of blasphemy, showing that they understood Him as making this claim in the highest sense." {DA 207.4}

He claimed to be the Son of God, in the highest sense, not God, Himself, in the highest sense:

"The Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father, is truly God in infinity, but not in personality.  {UL 367.4}  

God, in infinity, but not in personality.  Wouldn't personality be the highest sense?

Looks like Bohr lept on the opportunity to make an example out of someone, but he discredits himself.  If I want to fall asleep, I'll listen to boring old Bohr, but if I want interesting things to think about, and to see things from new perspectives and to be reminded that no discussion is "forbidden", (if you'll not be trapped in a creed), then I'll listen to Daniel Mesa for hours and take plenty of notes.  Even if I disagree with any of his interpretations, he's still interesting and he'll be corrected of his errors sooner than Bohr will be, especially now that Bohr has magnified himself at the expense of poor Daniel Mesa.

We have to admit we've all been deceived, if we will prove we could have passed through the humbling experience of 1844, or we can go on exalting ourselves in our bigotry and imagined favor with God.  The Lord is calling us to repentance, Rev 3:14-22.

"But men were as ready then as men are now to conclude that they themselves are the favorites of heaven, and that the message of reproof is meant for another." {COL 212.3}

WOW! you are not afraid to go all out, your words are true, but not easy for those here to swallow I am sure.

Is Dan Mesa the same Dan above here? Who is Dan Mesa? I read the statement, but always wondered if the two Dans are one in the same?

I don't like or relish stepping on people's cherished religious toes, its not pleasant. But important doctrines and principles have been lost, corrupted, changed, abolished, paganized. I think truth is more important. I will never forget when I was confronted by believers and told, "Jesus Christ is not God." But even though I was taught the trinity, I spent six months researching deeply until I came to the conclusion that I had been duped, and I have re-examined this topic many times to reaffirm the truth of the Word of God. The pioneers were right about the falsehood of the trinity. I know there are many kind and wonderful believers here and elsewhere that may be upset over this, but if they studied both the Bible, the unitarian viewpoint, and history honestly, all will come clear, as it is an historical fact that the trinity was never a doctrine of primitive Christianity (the first century church), even as admitted in the Catholic Encyclopedia. Also Jesus was declared to be God in 322 AD and the holy spirit was declared to be God in 381 AD. Those are historical facts that cannot be refuted.

U need to read Ur Bible do not worry about the history of the catholics. The Bible says it was under God until 1798 see Rev.  2 V  18 - 29

Peace

James wrote: "The pioneers were right about the falsehood of the trinity. "

What pioneers are you referring to? Is it the SDA pioneers?

If so, then what was taught then, mainly by EGW, that is what is taught now. If anything, I think you and others are stepping on toes to cause confusion on what the SDA church really teach.

To avoid confusion, which I hope you want to do, because we know Satan is the author of confusion... In one sentence, what do you believe the SDA church have wrong?

On the surface, it seems you and others are saying to believe Jesus is GOD in the flesh is wrong.. Is that correct brother James?

Blessings!
He is the only begotten Son of God. You have not read the Pioneers of your group, they did not believe in the Trinity. You can research postings here by Dan and Rush4hire. The confusion came in and corrupted the truth, as Paganism, Gnosticism and other isms. You have not researched the Catholic Councils, most notably the Nicene Council of 322 AD when Constantine forced by his authority as Emperor that Jesus is God. Later in 381 AD the holy spirit was declared to be God also at the First Council of Constantinople.

You can research this for yourself if, and that is the question, IF you want to know the truth of this subject? As stated above, I was taught the trinity as the majority of "Christianity" believes. But after 6 months of research, I realized it was a false doctrine. This has caused vast confusion of the simplicity of Christ bring the Son of God.

I will not argue further on this with you, it is up to you now to check out the history and the truth of the Word of God. Schoenheit's Book "One God & One Lord," covers all the scriptures used to support the trinity as well as the verses disproving this doctrine. Look up on Wikipedia "Catholic Ecumenical Councils" and see for yourself. This doctrine of the trinity was a gradual evolution, from the original truth of God and His Son to Jesus declared to be God, then holy spirit declared to be God also.
It is basically paganism, polytheism.

This is not an easy truth to realize, and to accept, as most of Christianity believes this. The demons also will attempt to keep people in their Catholic based beliefs, including SDA followers, and please don't start calling me Satanic, heretic etc. I have heard it all for 43 years. I cannot turn back from the truth. Now that you have been warned, it is up to you as your responsibility if you seek to really know, or just mouth the dogmas of the Pope as far as the trinity is concerned? These are hard pills to swallow, though true. What do I have to gain for myself here in stating this, as well as the truth about the sacred secrets and the manifestations of holy spirit?

Nothing but railing accusations, insults, hatred, evil surmissings and mocking ridicule, that is my gain, but if someone will learn the truth, then it is worth the abuse.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service