Adventist Online

From listening and reading and watching the eyes of the world seems to be on America at this time especially on Donald Trump. 

Why are persons supposedly  on the edge of their seat watching Trump?

Discuss

Views: 1690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually Raymond, I agree with Jason 100%

I am glad.  Have healthy skepticism for Mr. Trump and pray for the people of this nation. 

InterestingBro Jason, from my outside eye I am just learning. I do not have a clue in this regard.

Rabbittroup said,

Also, If the deportation squad is only upholding laws that are already in existence why worry about it?  You do realize the INS already exist to do what he is talking about.

Yes it is called the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and there is also the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).   According to the PEW Institute

The Obama administration deported a record 438,421 unauthorized immigrants in fiscal year 2013, continuing a streak of stepped up enforcement that has resulted in more than 2 million deportations since Obama took office, newly released Department of Homeland Security data show. (October, 2014)

The ploy is to make it seem that the current administration is hopeless and helpless when the truth is many efforts on many levels are being taken to address these issues. Donald Trump on the other hand is all talk with no plan except it’s going to be huge.

There are of course many avenues to addressing this problem, Donald Trump’s solution is to build a wall, and you call that great? Hillary Clinton on Immigration

Yes it is called the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and there is also the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).   According to the PEW Institute

The Obama administration deported a record 438,421 unauthorized immigrants in fiscal year 2013, continuing a streak of stepped up enforcement that has resulted in more than 2 million deportations since Obama took office, newly released Department of Homeland Security data show. (October, 2014)

So what makes Trumps proposal so scary if as you pointed out and agreed with the current Obama administration is already doing it?  Even if the numbers are padded by reporting incidents that previously weren't considered deportations like people turned away at the border in addition to people that are removed after being caught illegally inside the US.

Also, I don't see anything original in the post you linked that would address illegal immigration.  All I see are talking points to weaken national unity in favor of appeasing the international community.

No official English, but keep common unifying language -  

A: It’s important for as many Americans as possible to do what I have never been able to do, and that is learn another language and try to be bilingual because that connects us to the rest of the world. It is important that English remain our common unifying language because that brings our country together in a way that we have seen generations of immigrants coming to our shores be able to be part of the American experience and pursue the American dream. I have been adamantly against the efforts by some to make English the official language. That I do not believe is appropriate, and I have voted against it and spoken against it. I represent New York. We have 170 languages in NYC alone. I do not think we should be, in any way, discriminating against people who do not speak English, who use facilities like hospitals or have to go to court to enforce their rights. But English does remain an important part of the American experience.

Yeah lets just spend more tax money by requiring official government documents be accepted in languages like Spanish rather than expecting people that want to be citizens to understand what unifies us in addition to our laws which they already break by being here illegal.  Because it's racist and xenophobic to not want to waste tax dollars on services that don't work towards the national interest in the long run.

Introduce a path to earn citizenship in the first 100 days - 

I, as president, would work with our neighbors to the south, to help them create more jobs for their own people. We need to bring the immigrants out of the shadows, give them the conditions that we expect them to meet, paying a fine for coming here illegally, trying to pay back taxes, over time, and learning English. If they had committed a crime, then they should be deported. But for everyone else, there must be a path to legalization. I would introduce that in the first 100 days of my presidency.

So she's reluctant to support english as the US official language and she states she is going to work with our neighbors to the south that's just backwards.....  But what can you expect from a globalist.  If she paid any attention she'd realize the taxes her side supports are already driving companies to Mexico, China etc.   Also. our neighbors to the south already have it easier than almost any other group of immigrants out there.  In addition to being able to illegally cross the border; if they even bothered to try the legal process they would see they are allowed to turn most if not all the documents required in their native language.  Very few other immigrant nationalities are afforded that privileged, including my family members whom I had to use my own time and resources to help them through the process of ensuring documents were translated properly to get them here legally.  I followed the process and worked hard to do so because I don't want to be a burden on the country and it's deficit.

The United States is not Mexico. Mexico needs to manage it's own affairs better or apply for statehood if they feel their government is that weak.  Aside from that our immigration policies should be based solely on our peoples rights and interest not Mexico or any other country for that matter.  Including members of my family.   I could go on with all those weak talking points mentioned with political correctness.  However, it's depressing how easily people who don't have any actual experience with the issue just nod in agreement with them.

What you are failing to realize is that English is the official language. What’s the problem? The United States is an international country, New York City, Washington DC. There are many different people from many other countries in these places, what wrong with that?  I get it, you want to make America white again, I mean great again.

What you are failing to realize is that English is the official language. What’s the problem? The United States is an international country, New York City, Washington DC. There are many different people from many other countries in these places, what wrong with that?  I get it, you want to make America white again, I mean great again.

I didn't fail to realize anything, I simply pointed out the statements of what was posted on the link YOU posted with how Hillary feels.... Do you really not even read the stuff you support before you post it?

I won't even respond to your obviously flawed and sarcastic comment about wanting to make America white again.  Since I know plenty of people that speak english who aren't white.

So what makes Trumps proposal so scary...

What exactly is he proposing? He say he will do whatever in a very humane way. What ever that is he's proposing, it could mean gas chamber, who knows what he's talking about.

He said he would deport them back to the countries they came from by following rules which are already in place just not enforced in a swift manner.  Like the deeds you pointed out in support of Barrack Obama's efforts.  For whatever reason it just sounds scarier when Trump want's to do it rather than Obama.  Perhaps because of Trump's seemingly no compromise stance on "ILLEGAL" immigration.

The absurd overblown comments people make thinking Trump means to or would even be capable of mobilizing a death squad against all immigrants in a diverse country like the USA is about as plausible as the idea of Hillary forming a death squad (...IRS..cough cough) to hunt down people that don't willingly go along with her ideas of wealth distribution just so the government can blow the tax dollars in secret back door deals with nations like Iran or social experiments like gender identity.... But I guess it needs not saying which one I think is more likely to happen given the state of things.  I remember Obama threatening North Carolina and Texas for their laws regarding gender identity as well as his threat to send the UK to the back of the queue for voting out of the EU and his one world government agenda.  

I don't recall trump saying anything close to that in his speeches, I only see people taking what little trump does say and making fearful far fetched assumptions.  Had trump said what Obama said about the UK or one of the states this election wouldn't even be as close as it is now.

But regarding immigration, I think you are confusing peoples desire to control ILLEGAL immigration as a step towards order with people who are against all immigration.  I don't know how many times it can be said but Trump has always been referring to ILLEGAL immigration regardless of what the opposing side want's us to believe for their own self interest.... The key word here is ILLEGAL not immigration.

Gene, let's not get hysterical here. "Gas chamber"?

What he said was clear. Following the law. All of it. All the immigration law. In contrast to Obama, and in contrast to Clinton, who also says that she will ignore the law. Are you really comfortable with a President who ignores law?
Gene,

Can you actually defend the corruption and lies of Hillary Clinton on here? Even Democrats recognize her for a huge liar. Are you completely unaware of the incompetence and lack of integrity shown in the current email scandal? Are you unaware of the clear-cut influence-selling that has taken place through the linkup between the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton, that has enriched her so massively in the last ten years? Can you really place a nonspecific fear generated by your interpretation of a campaign slogan over DEMONSTRATED malfeasance that would have placed anyone else in jail? What is "crystal clear" is that the nation cannot survive more of the Clintons.

Jack,

If we’re looking for saints for president there are none, and what you’re reeling off to me is just your party’s talking paper.  The Republicans are so desperate they have actual sold their own principles down the drain.  I for one applauded those republicans leader that have eyes to see this and rejected this Donald Trump movement which at times seems more like 1938 Germany than anything else.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service