Adventist Online

the votes were 185 for 124

Views: 1178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Church is engaged in a Titanic Conflict Over the Subject Of Women's Ordination.

According to Paul, women can labor for the Lord by prophesying, edifying, exhorting, and comforting. But they are not allowed  to perform "at the duties of business meeting," which were probably conducted be men. ( read 1Tim 2:12; 5:17)

Our church (SDA) is facing a serious crisis that threatens to cause a painful division among us.

A new order is being established, once completed, all of our historic teachings will be changed. 

Walla Walla University's School Paper: We Must Acknowledge All Kind of Family. (LGBT) in are school. And this go hand in hand with women ordination. Once this Pandora Box is open the Gay issue will be next. All ready we can see women pastor baptize gay couple. That is why I'm say it go hand in hand with the ordination of women as pastor.

This is what Ted Wilson is telling us to do; "Seventh Day Adventist, hold your leaders, pastors, local churches, educators, institutions administrative organizations accountable to the highest standards of belief base on a LITERAL UNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE.

My God have mercy upon us.

Yes Amen to that brother Benecio, Your mention of "a new order" reminded me of this EGW quote:  

The enemy of souls has sought to bring in the supposition that a great reformation was to take place among Seventh-day Adventists, and that this reformation would consist in giving up the doctrines which stand as the pillars of our faith, and engaging in a process of reorganization. Were this reformation to take place, what would result? The principles of truth that God in His wisdom has given to the remnant church, would be discarded. Our religion would be changed. The fundamental principles that have sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error. A new organization would be established. Books of a new order would be written. A system of intellectual philosophy would be introduced. The founders of this system would go into the cities, and do a wonderful work. The Sabbath of course, would be lightly regarded, as also the God who created it. Nothing would be allowed to stand in the way of the new movement. The leaders would teach that virtue is better than vice, but God being removed, they would place their dependence on human power, which, without God, is worthless. Their foundation would be built on the sand, and storm and tempest would sweep away the structure. {1SM 204.2}

As we can see we are well on the way to have the destruction of the Church that the Pioneers formed, That EGW here forsee. Books are modified as we know. 

Hi Elijah,

Thank you for your reply, but how does homosexuality come into the equation. Let me put this here again and add to it:

A Female Pastor = A Woman That Preaches/Teaches+Saves People From God's Wrath+ Listens & counsel her members = A Prostitute/ A Jezebel - A wicked woman that would turn people away of God

A Male Pastor = A Man That Preaches/Teaches+Saves People From God's Wrath+ Listens & counsel her members = ?

In both cases, the female and male, or male or female, however you would like to read it, are doing their duty that God called them for, yes/no?

However, you are telling me in the Adventist Circle a female pastor who is doing God's work-the very same work that her male counterpart is doing- must be condemned as a Jezebel/a prostitute for she can be a harbinger of homosexuals wanting their way next. Wait let me say it again, a female pastor who evangelize and preach against homosexual behaviour and all forms of sin. A female pastor who call people to repentance. A female pastor who counsels a couple to resolve their differences and love each other as Christ would have them do. A female pastor who warns of God's coming judgement. A female pastor who with her male counterpart in baptising, and saving and feeding the hungry. A female pastor who goes to hospitals and prisons with her team to do ministry. Elijah A Female Pastor you are talking about. 

Am I missing something? Is it something with the name pastor that send some people off on a tangent?

Thanks for your reply Garth You ask what you are missing? I said it many times the simple fact God said NO. From a human standpoint, your reasoning is OK, but we are not dealing with the will of men but the will of God this you seem to Ignore. This is called Humanism where the will of God is ignored to the preference of the will of humans. 

Hi Elijah,

No I am not asking what is missing. That is a rhetorical question.

On the other hand, if God's will is that man would turn to him and worship him and a female pastor is being used by God to bring people back to Him, how is that humanistic? People Can't see God, but they can see Him in the people He uses. So let us go further. Would you agree that your religious organisation must throw this ordination tradition out the window as it is serving no purpose than to discriminate? 

Thanks for your reply Garth maybe at this stage it would be helpful to me to understand what you Believe about the Holy Spirit? Going on what you say here I come to think you do not think the Holy Spirit has any role in the church what so ever.

Hi Reasoning,

In regard to your response, I am all for that. I am of the strong view that this Administration should throw their tradition out the window, and if God call man and woman let them go forward so that many people can know that Jehovah loves and care for them. 

For check it "gospel ministry" in Adventist Administration = General Conference work- Baptising, Hosting Wedding, Communion, Preaching, Teaching etc. Do you need man's hand on you to give you approval to do that? I am saying stop showing God's Spirit as one sided. If God's spirit call whomsoever to do His work give way for you cannot stop what God has started. 

Peace

Hi brother Garth,

True indeed... Let me ask, that is if you know, I'm trying to figure out if there are 7th Day Adventist higher learning institutions that doesn't believe in ordaining women but allows women to take courses to be a pastor?

The reason I ask is because it would seem strange to hold a belief that a woman can't be ordained as a pastor, but allow her to study and take courses to become a pastor. 

bless! 

Good morning Reasoning Happy Year and a Blessed Year for every one.

Again any body can go in to a SDA learning institutions and learn for Theology, any body male, female can study for theology.

But not every body can by ordain pastor.

31 years ago wen I came in the church in Curacao, to be a pastor it must be a calling. But right now in 2019 any body can be a pastor calling are not calling, go to one of those SDA learning institution get you degree in theology you will a pastor. No my friend it do not work like that. God have guide lines. And that is whey we have some many problem in the church today. We are using men guide lines instate of God guide lines.

I think it's time for we to go back to God guide lines and pot are trust in God and not men.

Peace 

Benicio wrote: "Again any body can go in to a SDA learning institutions and learn for Theology, any body male, female can study for theology. But not every body can by ordain pastor."

Oh ok... Thank you. So, men and women study Theology, but only men can become ordained pastors. 

Are there pastors other than ordained pastors? In other words, are all pastors ordained in the SDA Church?

Do you believe to be a pastor a person would have to take theology courses? 

Thank you my brother. 

Blessings 

Hi Reasoning

Yes only men in the view of Paul can be Ordain Pastor!

Any body can be a Theology! from a pastor is a calling. 

I know many people that have a degree in theology which is not ordain male and female.

Hi Reasoning,

How are you my brother?

From what I observed, at an Adventist University, once you have a desire to pursue theology you are not barred. However, some women are discouraged by the "Women Ordination" Mantra, and discontinue, whilst other push on since it is their calling and it is too costly to discontinue when you reach so far in studies. And although they do not get to be "ordained" to work for the General conference when they are complete they continue their evangelism work without fear or favour. I have one colleague who is close has completed her Masters in Pastoral Theology I can't remember what emphasis and is considering her doctorate there after.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service