Adventist Online

the votes were 185 for 124

Views: 1174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

Benicio wrote: "For me this is a close cease. But the NAD will do everything in their power to bring it back to a vote at the 2020 GC again. Three time in a row God has spoken, through his church (GC)."

I agree, a vote was made, it should be respected.

Benicio wrote: "And for mi this is not a civil right issue, reasoning.
Last I heart a pastor, which is a black pastor say that the gay issue is a civil right issue.
Where this will end. How far do we take this. Once you open the Pandora Box?floodgate you cannot close it back! If this will cause a split in the church let it be! Maybe this is the mean that God will use to purify His church."

I agree here as well brother Benicio. I don't think the ordination of women is equivalent to the civil rights issues with police shooting and killing people without just cause, because of the color of their skin. But I was saying that's how many feel, and if a person feels that way towards women ordination, then there's going to be a fight. 

Benicio wrote: "Paul was very clear for me in 1 Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man........" The woman cannot have authority over the man not even teach a man. And Paul went on and say for this reason "Adam was first formed then Eve."

You believe these verses is saying a woman can't even teach a man correct? 

1 Tim. 2 : 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Now, we can assume and take it as it reads without context or the situation, or we can reason here...

Does this really mean GOD doesn't want a woman to teach and stay silent? 

If so, then HE must want me to disregard all the writings of EGW, whom we as SDA teach had the SOP from GOD to teach us. That doesn't makes sense brother Benicio. 

I don't know if it was for that particular time during Pauls ministry why he wrote what he did, but I know GOD has used a women in EGW to write and teach HIS end time Church. How do you explain this woman (EGW) teaching if you believe the Bible teaches women should not teach brother Benicio? 

Quick question, do you believe it is ok for a woman to be a ordained decon or non ordained decon? 

Blessing! 

Hi reasoning good morning from Aruba.

Do you believe that Ellen G. White is a prophet? Paul do not wont you to disregard the writings of EGW. Their is a big deference between a prophet and a ordain pastor as woman. Miram  was a prophet and she counsel Moises upon mean this. I prophet do not teach but counsel. Is a big deference between counseling and teaching. 

And when Paul is saying "I suffer not a woman to teach." He mean as president,, pastor, elder deacon. 

The quote from PP is right upon the money. "In their effort to reach position" which position we have know in the church that cause all the problem today? She is talking here over selfish woman, that wont position that God do not wont them to have.  "For which He (GOD) has NOT FITTED THEM." You see reasoning that God has not fitted them to be ordain woman pastor o elders in the church. Which part do you not believe of this quote.

For me this quote right upon the money. This is exactly what she mean, the Eve's of this world.

My God bless you

Peace

Benicio wrote: "The quote from PP is right upon the money. "In their effort to reach position" which position we have know in the church that cause all the problem today? She is talking here over selfish woman, that wont position that God do not wont them to have. "For which He (GOD) has NOT FITTED THEM." You see reasoning that God has not fitted them to be ordain woman pastor o elders in the church. Which part do you not believe of this quote.
For me this quote right upon the money. This is exactly what she mean, the Eve's of this world."

That quote is not talking about women being pastors, that's not even the context... 
The quote you posted is talking about the position Eve was in at creation, before sin, and Adam as well. Eve wasn't content with being one and equal with Adam and having dominion over the earth, she wanted to be like GOD knowing good and evil... and of course Adam followed along. He wanted to reach a position higher than he had as well.  Your using quotes that doesn't apply to what we are talking about. 

Benicio wrote: "do you believe that Ellen G. White is a prophet? Paul do not wont you to disregard the writings of EGW. Their is a big deference between a prophet and a ordain pastor as woman. Miram was a prophet and she counsel Moises upon mean this. I prophet do not teach but counsel. Is a big deference between counseling and teaching.
And when Paul is saying "I suffer not a woman to teach." He mean as president,, pastor, elder deacon. "

I believe she was a messenger used by GOD. Your saying a messenger does not teach brother Benicio? 

Oh ok, you believe when Paul says don't teach, he means as president, pastor, and elder deacon. This seems like to different things, 1) teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ within the church, and 2)  holding a position within the Church. 

So you believe a woman can teach in the church as long as it's not from a titled position of being president, pastor, or elder deacon? 

Blessings!

"But the NAD will do everything in their power to bring it back to a vote at the 2020 GC again." - Benicio S.

Amen, Amen :)

Well, Amelia have a blessed 40 years in the wilderness I will not live for another 40 years myself. But I guess as long as some are hard of hearing God's voice you will suffer the consequences. 

The gay issue is a civil rights one. Being gay is not in Gods original plan for man. However; discrimination based on prejudice is far from the Christian experience. 

Leon

Hi Reasoning

Their is a difference between a prophet and a pastor.

A pastor is a teacher while a prophet is a seer

A pastor usaully draws from what trachings are already written down in Scripture

A prophet makes known Gods divine trachings or instruction that he presumably received directly from God

And in Ephesian Paul said some Apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, tracher.

Heir you can see that is a big difference in prophet and paster. They our not the samething.

Peace

A prophet can't be a teacher?

You believe EGW wasn't a teacher, that she didn't draw from what teachings that are already written down in Scripture? 

Blessings! 

I do not say that EGW wasn't a teacher.

What I'm saying is, a pastor and a prophet is to difference thing. Both can teach. But ta pastor is a shepherd and the prophet is a seer. 

Peace

Thank you brother Benicio. When Paul writes a woman shouldn't teach, what is your understanding of that? What shouldn't a woman teach? 

Blessing! 

Brother Benicio,

What is, by definition, the Spiritual Gift of “Pastor”?  It is mentioned as distinct from “Teacher”. Forgetting that there are people that we hire to lead churches that we have given the title of “Pastor”, who do administrative, intercession, teaching, and many other tasks, there must be a difference between the Gift of Pastor,and the other Gifts.  What defines that Spiritual Gift?

True brother Benecio The Bible gives us an order of the different gifts. 

1Co 12:28  And God set some in the church, firstly, apostles; secondly, prophets; thirdly, teachers, then works of power, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, kinds of languages. MKJV

Now pastor is not on this list but I guess it would lie somewhere between Prophet and teacher 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service