Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 33057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aluno we have all answered your question many, many times!  Go back and look at our comments!  Are you reading them?

Why are you re-writing what you have posted many times then when I ask a simple question you say go back and read but when you copy and paste you need me to follow but when i say follow you don't want why?

Aluno says: Jason how many times have I asked the question what is the Longest and Last meaning?

Jason and myself have posted our clear explanation of what the longest and last prophetic period is from GC p.351 and what EGW cleary says.  Is that what you are asking?  Again maybe I'm not understanding!

According to the commencement chain of truth, what is the Longest and first time prophecy, because she said the longest and last?

It's the longest prophecy period. It's the last because time prophecies would be no more after 1844. The 2300 was the end of the line as far as time.

Don't know how else to say it.

Ok thus your way of explaining it but according to the commencement of the chain of truth as the one who was given it explains the first and longest is the 2520;

God sent His angel to move upon the heart of a farmer who had not believed the Bible, to lead him to search the prophecies. Angels of God repeatedly visited that chosen one, to guide his mind and open to his understanding prophecies which had ever been dark to God's people. The commencement of the chain of truth was given to him, and he was led on to search for link after link, until he looked with wonder and admiration upon the Word of God. He saw there a perfect chain of truth. That Word which he had regarded as uninspired now opened before his vision in its beauty and glory. He saw that one portion of Scripture explains another, and when one passage was closed to his understanding, he found in another part of the Word that which explained it. He regarded the sacred Word of God with joy and with the deepest respect and awe.  {EW 229.1} 

Miller was given the commencement of the chain of truth by God through is angels, now what was the first link in the chain of truth?

From a farther study of the Scriptures, I concluded that the seven times of Gentile supremacy must commence when the Jews ceased to be an independent nation at the captivity of Manasseh, which the best chronologers assigned to B. C. 677; that the 2300 days commenced with the seventy weeks, which the best chronologers dated from B. C. 457; and that the 1335 days commencing with the taking away of the daily, and the setting up of the abomination that maketh desolate, Dan.xii.11, were to be dated from the setting up of the Papal supremacy, after the taking away of Pagan abominations, and which, according to the best historians I could consult, should be dated from about A. D. 508. Reckoning all these prophetic periods from the several dates assigned by the best chronologers for the events from which they should evidently be reckoned, they all would terminate together, about A. D. 1843{1845 WiM, WMAD 11.2} .

So according to Miller the first link in the chain is the 2520, thus the first and longest time prophecy which he was first given by God through angels.

Ummm... if the 2300 days is the longest prophetic period (as Ellen White plainly said in GC) then it is the longest.  There is no such thing as a different "longest" prophecy.

The 2300 days is the longest prophetic period.  Full stop.

ANYTHING claimed to be longer is not a prophetic period.

Vince, How do you get Ellen White saying that the 2300 days is the longest prophetic period brought to view in the Bible? Where does she say that? She plainly says that Miller and his associates proclaimed that the longest and last prophetic period was about to expire. At the most you could say that it is unclear to which period she is referring. It is a fact of history that Miller preached the 2520 and that it was central to their message. In fact, it was the first prophecy that he discovered that ended in 1843. Also, the disciples preached the 70 weeks and the Millerites taught the 2300 days. Both of these prophecies were taught by the Millerites to be a portion of the 2520.

"The first grand period, which includes all the rest, and expresses the whole time of the usurpation and triumph of the different forms of worldly power, together with the depression of the visible kingdom of God, begins where every one would suppose it must begin, at the passing away of independence from the Theocracy-an event predicted centuries before it took place, and deplored as the opening of the full tide of all their troubles for centuries after. It terminates with the overthrow of all worldly power, and the restoration of the visible kingdom of God on earth, with Him upon its throne whose right it is to reign, to order and to establish it with judgment and with justice henceforth, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. {1843 ApH, TSAM 93.3}
The second of these periods begins at a most important point in the history of the depressed covenant people of God-the issuing of an edict in their favor, under the provisions of which they experienced a partial, though temporary, deliverance, from a condition which threatened their political existence long before it actually took place. But though this period commences some time after the first, they terminate together. {1843 ApH, TSAM 94.1}
The third begins at that point where the final change in the visible agents of the long-continued subjection of the people of God took place, so distinctly pointed at by Daniel, but more clearly brought to view by the revelator, and so well understood by Paul, though future in his day. These last-named periods, that given for the desolation of the sanctuary,-the 2300 years,-and the period at the end of which Daniel shall stand in his lot,-the 1335 years,-terminate together, as is evident both from the nature of the prophecy in each case, and from the only possible dates for their commencement. One began B. C 457, and the 70 weeks are at once the seal of its truth and the pledge of its fulfilment in 1843. The other began, not when the first blow was struck against the worship of Paganism by the Christian emperors, as they are called, but when Popery stood in the place and acted the part of Paganism in western Rome. All the histories of the transition point to about A. D. 508, as the time when it took place. The 1290 days, or years, which terminated in 1798, by taking away the dominion of Popery, and modifying its character, are the pledge of its termination and fulfilment in 1843." {1843 ApH, TSAM 94.2}

Sorry... my bad for introducing a secondary topic that you can riff on while ignoring the fact that the "seven times" of Leviticus 26 is not a time prophecy and does not refer to 2520 years.

The Use and Misuse of Strong’s Concordance at Leviticus 26

I'm not ignoring your questions... but if all your questions arise out of an assumption that is false, we have to deal with that false assumption first.

So once we have determined that there is not time prophecy in the "seven times" of Leviticus 26 (the only basis for the 2520) all other references to seven times, coincidental world events, etc. are of no consequence.

----------

"The experience of the disciples who preached the ‘gospel of the kingdom’ at the first advent of Christ, had its counterpart in the experience of those who proclaimed the message of His second advent. As the disciples went out preaching, ‘The time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand,’ so Miller and his associates proclaimed that the longest and last prophetic period brought to view in the Bible was about to expire, that the judgment was at hand, and the everlasting kingdom was to be ushered in. The preaching of the disciples in regard to time was based on the seventy weeks of Daniel 9. The message given by Miller and his associates announced the termination of the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14, of which the seventy weeks form a part. The preaching of each was based upon the fulfillment of a different portion of the same great prophetic period” (GC, p. 351)

Theodore please go read the whole chapter in context.  It was about the 2300 and the judgement!  It was all about the 2300 and the 70 weeks and she says that is what Miller and his associates were focusing on.

Vince, I read Hebrew. There is nothing about my understanding of Hebrew that is a result of the misuse of Strong's Concordance. In fact, Larry makes a keen observation regarding the interpretation of a text when using a concordance that he then transgresses. "...the meaning of a word is controlled by the words in immediate relation to it. The meaning of a word in a particular sentence is determined much more by the sentence it appears in and the paragraph that the sentence appears in, than by any general dictionary definition. Most dictionaries tell us very little about a word in specific contexts." Yet Larry wants us to ignore the words around 'sheba' (seven) such as 'yasaf' (prolong). 

Here it is in Hebrew.

Lev 26:18 ואםH518 And if עדH5704 yet for אלהH428 this לאH3808 ye will not  תשׁמעוH8085 hearken לי ויספתיH3254  more  ליסרהH3256 I will chastise  אתכםH853 even שׁבעH7651 seven עלH5921 חטאתיכם because of ׃H2403 your sins.

Lev 26:18 And if yet for this ye will not hearken, more I will chastise   even seven because of your sins.

Or is it just that Jason is not giving you the answer you want so you keep asking him the same question in hopes of tripping him up! 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service