Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 33057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so because Ellen White spoke positively about the 1843 chart, we are to close our eyes and blindly accept every detail on the chart? Ellen White's endorsement of the chart does not mean that she agreed with everything on it. She went along with the chart only because it pointed to 1843 and secondly, it displayed the symbols of Daniel and Revelation.

Nowhere did she mention 2520, 677 or seven times. If she had endorsed the 2520 prophecy, that would have been very clear in her writings and we would not be having this kind of discussion now :)

Brother what you want was her saying the 2520, but all the evidences in the quotations and all what she said was a liar, because how can she say the figures on that chart are what God liked them to be?

This is excluding the 2520, thus what you are saying, why are you not understanding the statement?

Also it means they lied to us saying that by the year 1844 they entered the Most Holy place with Jesus Christ, this means they entered with a wrong doctrine of the 2520, and what is the meaning of this:

False principles will never prevail in heaven{1MR 243.3}  

So angels which came to Miller were not from Heaven and Ellen White got the WHOLE Issue Wrong!!!!!

Miller was not infallible! I have said that so many times. Miller was guided by angels to be led from darkness into light, from an unbeliever to a believer. It does not mean that he was right in everything. He was a human.

There is no problem with 1844 and Jesus entering the Most Holy Place, but 2520 is false!

Thus False, what you have said is False:

Miller was guided by angels to be led from darkness into light, from an unbeliever to a believer.

Ellen white did not say that, she said:

God sent His angel to move upon the heart of a farmer who had not believed the Bible, (1)to lead him to search the prophecies. Angels of God repeatedly visited that chosen one, (2)to guide his mind and open to his understanding prophecies which had ever been dark to God's people.(3) The commencement of the chain of truth was given to him, and he was led on to search for link after link, until he looked with wonder and admiration upon the Word of God. He saw there a perfect chain of truth. That Word which he had regarded as uninspired now opened before his vision in its beauty and glory. He saw that one portion of Scripture explains another, and when one passage was closed to his understanding, he found in another part of the Word that which explained it. He regarded the sacred Word of God with joy and with the deepest respect and awe.  {EW 229.1}

Ellen White is clear here about the duties which were performed by the angels in their guidance upon Miller's mind.

(1) to lead him to search the prophecies.

(2)to guide his mind and open to his understanding prophecies which had ever been dark to God's people

(3) The commencement of the chain of truth was given to him, and he was led on to search for link after link,

So the angels are at fault for leading him to use the 677 date which you are claiming is wrong?

Brother Aluno if an angel appear to you and inform you that the 2520 'prophecy' was false would you believe that angel? 

Aluno,

I did not give a direct quote from Ellen White. I said that Miller was guided by angels to be led from darkness into light, from an unbeliever to a believer.

Ellen White said,  "I saw that God sent His angel to move upon the heart of a farmer who had not believed the Bible, and led him to search the prophecies."

He moved from not believing to believing, from darkness to light. Have I lied?

I think Aluno and Obert have been banned from Adventist Online!

Amen brother Aluno Abdool is a Liar, the angels guided Miller from darkness to light, Ah I don't see truth in his words, this is a fallacy:

To William Miller and his co-laborers it was given to preach the message in America, and the light kindled by their labors shone out to distant lands. God sent His angel to move upon the heart of a farmer who had not believed the Bible, to lead him to search the prophecies. Angels of God repeatedly visited that chosen one, to guide his mind and open to his understanding prophecies which had ever been dark to God's people. The commencement of the chain of truth was given to him, and he was led on to search for link after link, until he looked with wonder and admiration upon the Word of God. He saw there a perfect chain of truth. That Word, which he had regarded as uninspired, now opened before his vision in its beauty and glory. He saw that one portion of Scripture explains another, and when one passage was closed to his understanding, he found in another part of the Word that which explained it. He regarded the sacred Word of God with joy, and with the deepest respect and awe. {SR 356.3}

Miller preached the message he was given by God, and He was a chosen one as well, so the angels led him to search link after link of False, AH!  these people are Funny!!

Angels can guide a person, but the angels cannot choose for that person. Miller was not infallible; he was not correct on every point

It is very sad to hear that my brothers but continue your studies, truth will remain as it is, I will see what to do myself. 

Take care brothers

Two brothers accounts are currently restricted because of violations of our Site Rules & Guidelines.

Both brothers were privately counselled to conform their behavior to the rules they had pledged to uphold.  Both brothers explicitly refused to live within the limitations of our rules.  Both brothers then immediately posted publicly in a manner that broke our rules.

That is not acceptable behavior of any member.  If these brothers state their desire to be members here and act within the constraints of our Site Rules & Guidelines, we will be happy to remove all restrictions from their account.

We pray that we will see them in the Kingdom.

May God bless all as we study His Word.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by