Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 33057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read these things Theodore and Miller's arguments in favor of 2520 was based upon the word TIMES which is not the correct word in Hebrew to apply day for a year.  

May you see the error you are following and not spread these errors among God remnant.

THE Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn. - ISAIAH lxi.1,2. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 3.1} 

II. I will now show what is meant by the acceptable year. 1st. It is the year when captives go free, and those bound in prison are loosed. The prophet evidently alludes to the sabbatical year among the Jews, which was a type of this year spoken of in our text. Isaiah alludes to this time, in chap.xlix.8-13. We have an account of this typical year, first, in Exodus xxi.2: "If thou buy a Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing." Next place, Exodus xxiii.10,11: "And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruits thereof: but the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave, the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, and with thy oliveyard." Levit.xxv.3,4: same as above. Deut.xv.1,2: "At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. And this is the manner of the release: every creditor that lendeth aught unto his neighbor, shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbor, or of his brother; because it is called the Lord's release." Jeremiah xxxiv.14: "At the end of seven years, let ye go every man his brother a Hebrew, which hath been sold unto thee; and when he hath served thee six years, thou shalt let him go free from thee: but your fathers hearkened not unto me, neither inclined their ear." In these texts we are taught, that at the end of every seven years the Jews were commanded to let their Hebrew servants go free, and to release all their debtors from their debts. This is called a sabbath, or year of release, and was one of the Jewish sabbaths, which was typical, or a shadow of good things to come, as we are informed by Paul to the Colossians, ii.16,17: "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy-day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." If then this is a type of time, as well as manner, - and we are expressly told that the Hebrew servants were to be let go free, at the end of every seven years, - so may we not reasonably suppose, that Jesus Christ will deliver his children from their bondage, at the end of seven prophetic years? Surely a shadow must have its substance, and the type must agree with its antitype. How can a believer in the word of God deny the promises here laid down? Will not the antitype be as sure as the type? The first was given to man as a pledge of the future, shadowing forth good things to come, and depended on the obedience of man for its accomplishment. The second is the promise of God, depending not on any contingencies, but is wholly disposed of by the wisdom and power of God. Therefore, I cannot see why I may not have strong faith in this promise, as well as in all others, which God in his good pleasure has seen fit to reveal unto us through shadows and types. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 13.1}
If this, then, is a correct view of the subject, and time is prefigured, when would the seven years of the antitype begin? I answer, it must begin with the servitude and bondage of the visible people of God; for at the end of seven years they must go free, or there would be no force in the type, and of course no fulfilment in the antitype. Seven prophetic years would be seven times 360, equal to 2520 years. This bondage must begin with the kingdom of Babylon, the first kingdom of Daniel's four monarchies, which kingdoms were to make war with the saints, and prevail against them, until the Ancient of Days came; and these were to scatter the people of God into all the kingdoms of the earth, and have dominion over them, and exercise authority upon them. Mark x.42: "But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles, exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them." This was prophesied of by Moses and all the prophets down to John. Acts iii.20-24: "And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive, until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets, since the world began. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, a Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you, of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things, whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel, and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days." And the restitution of all things must be at the year of release, when God will send his Son Jesus Christ to restore the earth and all who will then dwell therein, to a state of purity and blessedness, and bring them into the inheritance of the saints, and shall deliver them from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. These seven years of servitude must include these four kingdoms, Babylon or Nebuchadnezzar's, which was the head of gold; Media and Persia, Grecia and Rome, which constituted the whole man of sin, from his head to his toes. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 16.1}
When, then, may we not ask, did the bondage of the children of God begin? I answer, when literal Babylon began to exercise authority over them. In the twenty-second year of Manasseh's reign, in the year before Christ 677, the last of the ten tribes were carried away, and Israel ceased to be a nation, according to the prophecy of Isaiah, vii.8: "For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin: and within three-score and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people." Isaiah prophesied this in the year 742 before Christ, which prophecy was literally fulfilled in sixty-five years afterwards, in the year B. C. 677. Then, too, Manasseh king of Judah was carried a captive into Babylon, and the threatenings of God began upon his people. 2Kings xxi.10-14: "And the Lord spake by his servants the prophets, saying, because Manasseh, king of Judah, hath done these abominations, and hath done wickedly above all that the Amorites did, which were before him, and hath made Judah also to sin with his idols: therefore, thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle. And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down. And I will forsake the remnant of mine inheritance, and deliver them into the hand of their enemies; and they shall become a prey and a spoil to all their enemies." Also, xxiv.3,4: "Surely at the commandment of the Lord came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; and also for the innocent blood that he shed, (for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood,) which the Lord would not pardon." And although Josiah, who was king of Judah after Manasseh, did many good
acts, yet the Lord turned not from the fierceness of his wrath against Judah. 2Kings xxiii.26,27: "Notwithstanding, the Lord turned not from the fierceness of his great wrath, wherewith his anger was kindled against Judah, because of all the provocations that Manasseh had provoked him withal. And the Lord said, I will remove Judah also out of my sight, as I have removed Israel, and will cast off this city Jerusalem which I have chosen, and the house of which I said, My name shall be there." The decree against Judah, was the same as against Israel. They must be scattered among all nations. It could not be revoked, notwithstanding their repentance and partial reformation. Jeremiah xv.4, - "And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh, the son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem," - tells us of the same thing, that Judah as well as Israel must be made captives. Israel began to be carried away in the days of Hoshea, 722 B. C., and from that time to 1798 after Christ, is exactly 2520 years, or the seven prophetic years. How remarkable, that when the seven years ended, God began to deliver his church from her bondage, which for ages had been made subject to the kings of the earth. In 1798 the church came out of the wilderness, and began to be delivered from her captivity. But the completion of her slavery to the kingdoms of the earth, is reserved for another period. Beginning B. C., 677 years, seven prophetic years, or 2520 common years, would end in A. D. 1843. Therefore, beginning at the captivity of Manasseh and the final dispersion of the ten tribes of Israel, where God has fixed the time for the dispersion of the people of God and the scattering of the holy people, until the year 1843, will be the end of the seven years, when the acceptable year of the LORD will commence; and, in my humble opinion, the children of God will be delivered from all the evils enumerated by Moses in Leviticus xxvi., and Jeremiah xv.; from war or the sword, from pestilence and famine, from captivity and spoil, from death and corruption; and all will be comforted, and all tears be wiped from off all faces; sighs and sorrows shall cease forever, and there shall be no more curse, for the throne of the Lamb shall be there, and he shall dwell with them, and be their God, and they shall be his people. This will take place in the acceptable year of the Lord, the antitypical year of release. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 18.1}

From what I can see of her breakdown she never mentioned the 7 times of Lev. 26, Did I miss something?

The seven times of Nebuchadnezzar YES in the GC

Again Aluno the 7 times of Lev. 26 as you suppose is not in GC. The 7 times or 7 literal years of Nebuchadnezzar are not what we are talking about.

Lisa, you are right. If you look at all Ellen White's comments on Lev 26, she did not mention 7 times, or 2520

This is the last sent me recently;

[ Removed by moderators - The posting of private messages on the public forum goes against our Site Rules & Guidelines #8  "Don't post in the public forum personal differences, arguments, old grudges, hearsay, private messages, etc."  ]

BYE BYE GUYS, But I will be back defending the 2520 again until they delete all the Forums of the 2520

[ Admin Note:  It is against our rules to have multiple profiles.  If restricted members choose to break the rules and create additional accounts, it will demonstrate to all the dishonest methods they will resort to in promotion of this offshoot theology.  We ask that all remain honest and do not create additional accounts here. ]

[ Removed by moderators - The posting of private messages on the public forum goes against our Site Rules & Guidelines #8  "Don't post in the public forum personal differences, arguments, old grudges, hearsay, private messages, etc."  ]

Ah what's going on Now, who is next?

[ Removed by moderators - The posting of private messages on the public forum goes against our Site Rules & Guidelines #8  "Don't post in the public forum personal differences, arguments, old grudges, hearsay, private messages, etc."  ]

Greetings,

First, I was letting others know what was happening. I will repost my response to you but leave out your response to me. There is some confusion regarding why some people are banned and some are not. I realise you have policies for a reason but you need to follow principle not policy. 
Second, you need to change your policy. Any correspondence that I receive can be published by me according to Canadian Law. That is, any message that I receive from you is not deemed 'private'. Obviously, for me to post correspondence that you sent others, I understand. You cannot ask me to refrain from making public any message you send to me personally. 
I will continue to be respectful to others and seek to follow Christ's principle, 'let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil'.
My previous correspondence is below,

-----

Greetings,

You have been misinformed. I have been discussing with a couple of friends on Adventist Online regarding the date 677 BC. This has been a scholarly debate with no ill-will. I Have never made a post in favour of or to promote the 2520. I am only responding with comments to accusations (and false ones at that) regarding what I personally believe. I support the Seventh-day Adventist Church and organisation with my tithes and membership. I preach and teach Sabbath School and have not been restricted at the local Church level, yet I have never used the Church to promote my intellectual pursuits. 

Someone broke into the discussion we were having with vitriolic comments and may have misrepresented my views. It is my opinion that if you do not want discussion regarding the 2520, you should not allow posts dealing with the subject either for or against.

Personally, I find that the discussions that I have had online very enlightening. I hope that I can continue to discuss with those who are friendly and open. The suggestion that have treated others badly or been accusatory, I cannot find any such statements in my comments. I try to avoid confrontations but sometimes people take things the wrong way. This may have been the case.

In Christian Love,

Theodore James Turner

Greetings: 

To clear up a misunderstanding....
I understand the word "post" to refer to placing a topic for discussion. "Comment" I understand as the response or reply. I have only responded to posts by others. 
In my article "2520 Simple" I put down my thoughts so that others could benefit from my study and perspective. I feel that the church is not benefited when there is aggressive opposition to ideas with which we do not agree.
I have submitted and continue to discuss with those in leadership regarding the 2520. As far as I understand, the Church has no official position one way or the other. Individual conferences and churches have dealt with the issue in a variety of ways. I have not promoted the 2520 at a local church level nor do I have conflicts regarding it. 
I personally do not believe that it is true that 2520 supporters are interested in using Adventist Online to promote their views. I believe that most are like me in standing up to the misrepresentations that are being promoted by "We Affirm SDA" regarding Jeff and others. I personally believe that these types of attacks (characterising us as divisive, subversive, off-shoot, etc.) is harmful to the church. I am interested in intellectual discussion similar to that that exists in Sabbath School but over issues which it is not appropriate to deal with in such detail in a class setting.
I am thankful that you have a place that allows open discussion. I promise I will be respectful, even when dealt with in an unchristlike manner. 
In Love,
Theodore James Turner

Any correspondence that I receive can be published by me according to Canadian Law. That is, any message that I receive from you is not deemed 'private'. Obviously, for me to post correspondence that you sent others, I understand. You cannot ask me to refrain from making public any message you send to me personally. 

You can argue that in a court of law if you wish... but that is against our Site Rules & Guidelines which you pledged to uphold.  If you disagree and don't want to uphold those rules, then this site is probably not the place for you.

The terms you agreed to when joining this site are binding.  You willingly gave up your right to publish private messages from Adventist Online by agreeing to those terms and using this site.

We wish you well.  Blessings and prayers,

Clark P
founder, Adventist Online

PS.  I'm pretty sure that doing every last thing our rules prohibit is still "legal" in civilian life. You could break every single rule and, depending on the venue, have committed no crime.  But Adventist Online works under a different authority and we have a different standard of behavior.  A standard that all members, including you, have pledged to uphold.

From our Site Rules & Guidelines page:

"If members or potential members do not agree with any of these terms, they should not be members of Adventist Online or participate in the website.  Using AdventistOnline.com demonstrates your acceptance of these terms."

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service